Can I have the password keeper sync with two android blackberry devices. My main phone (K2) the keeper backs up to drive and I'm hoping to also sync that with a blackberry priv. Both devices are signed into the same Google account. How can this be done?
    12-24-19 10:31 AM
    Can I have the password keeper sync with two android blackberry devices. My main phone (K2) the keeper backs up to drive and I'm hoping to also sync that with a blackberry priv. Both devices are signed into the same Google account. How can this be done?
    You might be able to find a way to restore from a different device but you will not be able to sync between devices
    12-25-19 09:02 AM
    Use a proper cross-platform password keeper like Chrome, LastPass, or 1Password.
    12-25-19 09:14 AM
    Thank you both. I would have preferred to just use the one blackberry password keeper , just have to think about it for a while. ;-) merry Xmas
    12-25-19 10:17 AM
    phone a and phone b should each back up the passwords then just restore b back up to a or vice versa.
    12-25-19 03:36 PM
    I think the only way to sync is by export/import files.
    12-26-19 05:58 AM
    I think the only way to sync is by export/import files.
    Correct, but this isn't a terrible solution, and is the only option if you don't want to use a cloud-based provider.

Here are your optioms:

1) Use a cloud-based provider (very convenient and generally safe IF you use a reputable service and non-SMS multi-factor authentication).

2) "Roll you own" sync by copying your database file between devices. For simplicity-sake, I recommend making one device the "master" and another the copy to prevent syncing issues, but this isn't required.

3) Maintain separate databases manually, but limit the accounts to the minimum required on one device.

I use a cloud-syncing service for all of my non-critical accounts (of which I have hundreds). But for my dozen or so critical personal and business accounts, I set up a separate local password database on each device, which I sync manually.

My intent is to enjoy the convenience of a syncing cloud-based service for my non-critical accounts but avoid the cloud-based encrypted solutions for my most critical ones, where I actually WANT them to be a little inconvenient so that I keep them on as few devices as possible.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-26-19 06:31 AM
    Thankyou all for the advice. I have been able to do this via my Google Drive back up. I did try this a couple of days ago but it just seemed to work for this time, so now I have the password keeper on my K2 and Priv.
    12-26-19 08:20 AM
    I think it may be a look at ColorNote would be in order. Is an encrypted note taker provide if you provide a password for your local files. You can copy these to SD card creating a backup.

You can even think this through Google Cloud and it remains encrypted from your phone Google cannot decrypt it very easily.

it's a safest way I know to use the cloud unless you want to encrypt the files even further using his zip file such as WinZip x. WinRAR may be better.

Whatever you do do do not open a ColorNote doc file with any form of word processor they can't read it
    12-26-19 08:28 AM
    I think it may be a look at ColorNote would be in order. Is an encrypted note taker provide if you provide a password for your local files. You can copy these to SD card creating a backup.

You can even think this through Google Cloud and it remains encrypted from your phone Google cannot decrypt it very easily.

it's a safest way I know to use the cloud unless you want to encrypt the files even further using his zip file such as WinZip x. WinRAR may be better.

Whatever you do do do not open a ColorNote doc file with any form of word processor they can't read it
    This is also possible with the paid version of Standard Notes.

It's a good practice to doubly encrypt important files like credential databases. The database itself should be encrypted locally by the app you use and secured with a complex pass phrase, but if you're copying it from one device to another, use an encrypted intermediary folder so that it's not even possible to KNOW that it's an encrypted credential file that you've stored there.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-26-19 09:04 AM