Does anyone know if I can use another password managers to open those pkb2 backup files I created from the BlackBerry Password keeper?

About to get a new phone and I won't be using any of the BlackBerry apps.
    11-30-21 03:32 PM
    Does anyone know if I can use another password managers to open those pkb2 backup files I created from the BlackBerry Password keeper?

Nope, but you can use the App to export you data in a more open format that other Password Apps could then import.
    11-30-21 03:34 PM

If you export the file as unencrypted, then other password managers (like Bitwarden) are able to read and import.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-30-21 04:37 PM
    Awesome! Thanks!! That solves my problem!
    11-30-21 05:12 PM
    Has the BB Password Manager been abandoned too?
    12-23-21 05:19 AM
    Still on playstore! I think it gets minor updates/fixes now and then , latest April - 20. I still use it, works fine! Some just want more modern solutions, maybe usable on several platforms including PC.
    12-23-21 06:06 AM
    It'll be EOL on August 31, 2022 according to BlackBerry.

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ort-life-cycle
    12-23-21 09:29 AM
    It'll be EOL on August 31, 2022 according to BlackBerry.

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ort-life-cycle
    Lame. Are there other gimmick free safe ones to use. I mainly trusted BB because they stored data in Canada and i don't really use any fancy features like autofill. I just want one where you do one click to open, scan the fingerprint and then see a list of accounts and passwords.

The BB Password manager was simple and clean and didn't add too many gimmicks and pay to unlock features
    12-23-21 09:35 AM
    Lame. Are there other gimmick free safe ones to use. I mainly trusted BB because they stored data in Canada and i don't really use any fancy features like autofill. I just want one where you do one click to open, scan the fingerprint and then see a list of accounts and passwords.

The BB Password manager was simple and clean and didn't add too many gimmicks and pay to unlock features
    Bitwarden.

But please try autofill. You won't know how you survived without it.
    dmlis likes this.
    12-23-21 09:47 AM
    Bitwarden.

But please try autofill. You won't know how you survived without it.
    Does bitwarden have offline storage. The BB one I used without connecting to the cloud which was great.

And thank you for the suggestion, but I just prefer to manually input the passwords, it's a habit of mine.
    12-23-21 09:54 AM
    Does bitwarden have offline storage. The BB one I used without connecting to the cloud which was great.

And thank you for the suggestion, but I just prefer to manually input the passwords, it's a habit of mine.
    Bitwarden uses encrypted cloud storage, so you can access it from all of your devices.

"Bitwarden uses AES-CBC 256-bit encryption for your Vault data, and PBKDF2 SHA-256 to derive your encryption key. Bitwarden always encrypts and/or hashes your data on your local device before anything is sent to cloud servers for storage. Bitwarden servers are only used for storing encrypted data."
    12-23-21 09:56 AM

Why not just continue using it? I guess it'll work equally well even after EOL. Security level will be the same as now.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-21 11:39 AM
    Why not just continue using it? I guess it'll work equally well even after EOL. Security level will be the same as now.

Posted via CB10
    It appears the entire BlackBerry Suite of apps will go EOL in Aug 2022. If there are any server authentications that happen behind the scenes, they will actually stop working. Best be prepared.
    12-23-21 11:57 AM
    It appears the entire BlackBerry Suite of apps will go EOL in Aug 2022. If there are any server authentications that happen behind the scenes, they will actually stop working. Best be prepared.
    That doesn't seem so likely, but of course, one never know. Better make a manual backup before that!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-21 12:02 PM

I use KeePass because it's fully offline and open source, you can store the password database on your own cloud service, USB, etc. The only downside is the mobile clients are third party so you'll have to trust whoever made them.
    12-23-21 07:44 PM
    I use KeePass because it's fully offline and open source, you can store the password database on your own cloud service, USB, etc. The only downside is the mobile clients are third party so you'll have to trust whoever made them.
    What is the fear over fully encrypted cloud storage?
    12-23-21 08:11 PM
    What is the fear over fully encrypted cloud storage?
    No fear, it's all down to convenience and control over the database file (which can be hosted on a cloud service of your choice). You also don't have to worry about a third party service suddenly changing how their platform works (i.e., the LastPass tier changes this year).

That said, we do use 1Password at work. For anything personal I stick to KeePass.
    12-23-21 09:59 PM
    No fear, it's all down to convenience and control over the database file (which can be hosted on a cloud service of your choice). You also don't have to worry about a third party service suddenly changing how their platform works (i.e., the LastPass tier changes this year).

That said, we do use 1Password at work. For anything personal I stick to KeePass.
    I have almost 10 computers and smartphones that I use, along with 300 logins and passwords - all unique 15-digit random letters/numbers/symbols.

I couldn't imagine not using a modern cloud solution and autofill.
    pdr733 likes this.
    12-23-21 10:07 PM
    I have almost 10 computers and smartphones that I use, along with 300 logins and passwords - all unique 15-digit random letters/numbers/symbols.

I myself am the opposite, I use the phone to open the app with the passwords and just manually type them in whatever I need. Which is why an offline database like BB Password Keeper works fine for me.
    12-23-21 11:10 PM
    I myself am the opposite, I use the phone to open the app with the passwords and just manually type them in whatever I need. Which is why an offline database like BB Password Keeper works fine for me.
    I'm thinking your passwords are not very strong. Or did you mean copy/paste?
    12-23-21 11:13 PM

As an example you could keep your KeePass file on a secured Dropbox or other cloud service and sync with your different clients. The main "selling point" for KeePass is that the user controls their database file.
    12-23-21 11:27 PM
    As an example you could keep your KeePass file on a secured Dropbox or other cloud service and sync with your different clients. The main "selling point" for KeePass is that the user controls their database file.
    I have no time for copying and pasting dozens of logins and passwords each and every day. My goodness.

I simply don't see any downside to using Bitwarden's server to host my encrypted database instead. The upside is seemless autofill on numerous devices.
    12-23-21 11:30 PM
    Seems like I recall, WAAyyyBackWhen, some discussion about autofill possibly assisting to safeguard against some "keylogger" vulnerabilities...?? Surely things are more sophisticated these days?

@conite how might Bitwarden behave locally if internet isn't available? Is there any local storage that can assist pw entry to Lan routers, pw protected docs, etc?
    12-24-21 03:50 AM
    Seems like I recall, WAAyyyBackWhen, some discussion about autofill possibly assisting to safeguard against some "keylogger" vulnerabilities...?? Surely things are more sophisticated these days?

@conite how might Bitwarden behave locally if internet isn't available? Is there any local storage that can assist pw entry to Lan routers, pw protected docs, etc?
    If you don't have internet then it will just show all your previously synced entries - it just won't be able to sync. So yes, there is some local stuff going on.
    12-24-21 06:01 AM
    Noticed BlackBerry stock dipped today (23 Dec) due to lack of sales. Any of these noted "Products " including Hub, could have been monetized to bump up a small bit of sales. But then again what do I know
    12-24-21 06:31 AM
41 12