I had to replace my PRIV as the screen on it just wouldn't turn on randomly, after charging it. With the screen not working, I had no way of backing my phone up. At the time of handing it to my carrier I wasn't really worried as I assumed the power of Google's cloud would kick into play. Now, however, I've got my replacement - a fresh replacement - and I've logged into the correct Google account and am horrified to find very few apps were actually backed up using Google. It didn't even remember where I left all of my apps (it did on a Nexus 9 I owned for a short while). I had loads of important notes in the BlackBerry Notes app. Is there any way they were backed up on BlackBerry services? I remember logging into my BlackBerry account on my other PRIV.
    01-13-17 08:12 PM
    Is there any way they were backed up on BlackBerry services?
    Nope, they're not tied to BlackBerry Services and the only they are backed up is if you used a supported account as noted when you add an account. 'Local notes' don't go anywhere.
    01-13-17 11:59 PM
    I'm guessing the same happens with Password Keeper 😥
    01-14-17 06:36 PM
    Let me know if you find a solution as I'd like to continue using BB Notes also but will not if I have no way to do a backup or export.
    07-06-17 06:52 AM
    Nope, notes aren't backed up online, unless you link with an exchange account.

Neither is password keeper. Which is why sd card slots are so important, to backup files like this and swap them from phone to phone.

(you can also use a cloud services, but if you need the password for that... well...)
    07-06-17 07:05 AM
    Just a quick FWIW, Password Keeper allows you to Export, so backup is feasible and doable.
    07-06-17 07:30 AM
    Just a quick FWIW, Password Keeper allows you to Export, so backup is feasible and doable.
    True. I at the very least export once a month Password Keeper to my SD card. From there I share it to My Drive (Google Drive) then delete the previous backup.

This way....if ever my SD card became corrupted or I was in an area where I was replacing/restoring my phone that had no/weak data coverage or WiFi, I have the .pkb backup file readily accessible to import back into my phone.

Those .pkb files are encrypted because when you re-import them, it asks what was your password associated with that file..

Notes and Tasks on the other hand as others have said...all that info was lost. Found out the hard truth when I transferred via Google Apps and settings over to my K1 from D60 then factory restoring before sending it back to BlackBerry Repair Center in Mississauga.

I really miss BB10's ease of entire phone backups via BB Link and with Password Keeper just re-download the app from BlackBerry World then after simply re-entering of your password and boom! Re-installing all your info directly from BlackBerry's servers.
    07-06-17 10:39 AM
    Shame about Notes, but you can share each one with e.g. Google Drive I believe. Better than nothing.
    07-28-17 12:01 PM