Anybody feel like the BlackBerry Keyboard on Android doesn't feel the same as the BlackBerry 10 version?

I have it loaded on my G4 and it is great but not as good...the predicted words first off appear much larger above the keys.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    04-07-16 07:46 AM
    I actually like it a little better. It was great on bb10 and I would have loaded it on any android I had but on my priv I just fly with it. I'm faster than on my z30. I don't like android better but the keyboard is pretty darn good

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-07-16 07:55 AM
    I actually like it a little better. It was great on bb10 and I would have loaded it on any android I had but on my priv I just fly with it. I'm faster than on my z30. I don't like android better but the keyboard is pretty darn good

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    So it does feel different though

04-07-16 08:04 AM
    Prediction is good so far, upswipe from letter more fluid since upswipe from Passport PkB was less reliable often requiring multiple swipes...

Just added French KB & will see if it predicts as well as Passport did...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-07-16 11:10 AM
    Totally feels different and is missing some options but I guess that is expected when you either own the OS or are programming for another.

Also, not sure if it is true, but wasn't the main functionality of the BB10 Keyboard purchased from Swiftkey but the Priv one is built on top of the Google Keyboard.

04-07-16 01:49 PM
    What do you mean by feels the same? It at look different, but are ALL the actions the same?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 08:19 PM
    What do you mean by feels the same? It at look different, but are ALL the actions the same?

Posted via CB10
    Well it doesn't type the same. I don't know if that's due to the predictions being smaller on BlackBerry 10 or if the frets appear different or what.

But the BlackBerry one feels nicer than the android one to me.

04-07-16 09:18 PM
    The swipe up function isn't a good as the bb10 one to me

04-08-16 04:24 PM
    Anyone know how to set andriod emjois on this keyboard ??

04-09-16 05:20 PM
    Anyone know how to set andriod emjois on this keyboard ??

Hold the enter button for about 3 sec. Then BOOM hover to the Emoji for the priv
    BB10 I don't have any idea

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 02:28 PM
    Works really well on my Samsung. No complaints.
    04-17-16 05:46 PM
    Running on a Nexus 4 and the major issue I have is the predicted words are tiny over the letters. Otherwise the prediction does not seem quite as robust, but admittedly I have no way of measuring that.

04-17-16 07:43 PM
    Running on a Nexus 4 and the major issue I have is the predicted words are tiny over the letters. Otherwise the prediction does not seem quite as robust, but admittedly I have no way of measuring that.

I do agree about the tiny words but for me it works as well as on my Z10.
    04-17-16 10:19 PM
    Totally feels different and is missing some options but I guess that is expected when you either own the OS or are programming for another.

Also, not sure if it is true, but wasn't the main functionality of the BB10 Keyboard purchased from Swiftkey but the Priv one is built on top of the Google Keyboard.

You can change the spell checker from Google Spell Checker to BlackBerry Spell Checker on language and input settings, but I'm not sure how different they are.

Android version lacks Japanese input and I really miss that
    04-19-16 01:38 AM
    I wish they would add ẞ to the vkb (without long-pressing on AOUS). These 5 minutes for localizing the the keyboard should have been available at Blackberry, apart from QWERTZ/QWERTY and €/$ localisation.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-19-16 06:33 AM