Hi Guys,

Has anyone noticed any issues when using the latest version of the Android Blackberry Keyboard? My auto suggestions are way off and my messages appear as gibberish. For example, it no longer substitutes the correct words or provides random suggestions. For example:

The = autocorrects to 'Thr' on space. I keep deleting this from the learned words, but cannot confirm where it is learning it from as I slowly/cautiously type T H E...

What = autocorrects to 'Whatever' on space, swipe up only gives the option to select 'Why'

And = autocorrects to 'Andalusia' on space, swipe up only gives the option for Any

Oh = autocorrects to 'OK' on space, swipe up only gives the option for 'On'

That 'whatever' issue has actually got me into some hot water during an email exchange with a client...

What I've tried:
    - Flushed learned words list
    - Personal Dictionary = Default
    - Word Substitution = Defautl
    - Flushed personal word list (I had to sit down for this, it was like getting punched to the gut)
    - Removed secondary French keyboard
    - Turned auto correct to weak and then off

Any suggestions as to what to try next?

Also what I was hesitant to mention is that i'm using an Essential phone with the Blackberry manager app to install the keyboard, only the keyboard. I would happily pay Blackberry for use of the keyboard but not an option. I even use BBM with the ads from the Playstore.

My hope is that this is just the programmers trolling those who install the APK's on non Blackberry Devices. Hopefully it's not that the quality of the best keyboard on Android is dropping.

*Edit*
    Literally a second after posted this, it appears that all my regularly used words are appearing within the 'Restricted' words list... I cleared it and it seems ok for now.
    - Will delete the is post after a few hours to see if the issue happens again.
    07-04-18 09:42 AM
    Had the same issue and this worked for me - thanks!
    08-03-18 06:34 AM
    I recently cleared my learned list, and it is doing this. Very annoying. Yes, the restricted list seems to be the culprit.
    08-04-18 12:06 PM
    I encounter this today myself. I think there's some bug that adds bunch of general words under "Restricted words".
    I couldn't use " this" and also "BlackBerry".

I also deleted my Personal Dictionary prior to it. Perhaps somehow something triggered it. After clearing " Restricted words", it works. Such a nuisance!
    10-03-18 07:42 PM
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone noticed any issues when using the latest version of the Android Blackberry Keyboard? My auto suggestions are way off and my messages appear as gibberish. For example, it no longer substitutes the correct words or provides random suggestions. For example:

The = autocorrects to 'Thr' on space. I keep deleting this from the learned words, but cannot confirm where it is learning it from as I slowly/cautiously type T H E...

What = autocorrects to 'Whatever' on space, swipe up only gives the option to select 'Why'

And = autocorrects to 'Andalusia' on space, swipe up only gives the option for Any

Oh = autocorrects to 'OK' on space, swipe up only gives the option for 'On'

That 'whatever' issue has actually got me into some hot water during an email exchange with a client...

What I've tried:
    - Flushed learned words list
    - Personal Dictionary = Default
    - Word Substitution = Defautl
    - Flushed personal word list (I had to sit down for this, it was like getting punched to the gut)
    - Removed secondary French keyboard
    - Turned auto correct to weak and then off

Any suggestions as to what to try next?

Also what I was hesitant to mention is that i'm using an Essential phone with the Blackberry manager app to install the keyboard, only the keyboard. I would happily pay Blackberry for use of the keyboard but not an option. I even use BBM with the ads from the Playstore.

My hope is that this is just the programmers trolling those who install the APK's on non Blackberry Devices. Hopefully it's not that the quality of the best keyboard on Android is dropping.

*Edit*
    Literally a second after posted this, it appears that all my regularly used words are appearing within the 'Restricted' words list... I cleared it and it seems ok for now.
    - Will delete the is post after a few hours to see if the issue happens again.
    Good to know how you solved your problem. It happened to me once and I just reinstalled BlackBerry Keyboard.
    10-12-18 05:33 AM
    We are aware of this issue: clearing the restricted words list should fix it for you. (Clearing Keyboards data will do this too, but will also remove any other learned words)
    10-25-18 11:55 AM