On my LG G4 I have installed the paid version of the BB Hub and services, BB Manager, calendar, contacts, and keyboard. On the keyboard I don't see any settings option, usually under the 3 dots in an app. Also is there a way to edit the dictionary on it like you could in BB10 and prior?
    09-10-16 12:41 PM
    On my keyboard it's the period key. Has 3 dots on it. Press and hold then press the gear icon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-10-16 01:37 PM
    On BB10 the virtual keyboard has a shortcut to minimize the keyboard. On Android there is no such shortcut. Is this an oversight or something that just isn't possible with Android?

The back button acts as the shortcut for that.
    The triangle should change from pointing left to pointing down on Android devices.
    Except for LG devices, for some reason LG changed it so the back button doesnt change, but it still minimises the keyboard
    CDM76 and Martin Green like this.
    09-10-16 11:13 PM
    Hi Cobalt,

Yesterday I uninstalled all blackberry apps on my Android 6 device ( sony xperia Z5), including your blackberry manager. I then installed the official apps from google play store (services hub+, agenda, hub, contacts, notes, tasks, ) and purchased the monthly subscrption for hub+. After that, I just reset the hub accounts. No problem.

Then I observed the blackberry keyboard may not be installed from Play Store.

So I reinstalled your blackberry manager, and saw Blackberry keyboard as the only app to be installed. It makes sense as the other one have been installed the official way. Problem: when I tap Install, I get a "File not available" message.

BlackBerry Keyboard for Android.-screenshot_20160911-073657.png

Any idea what may be wrong?

regards from Porrentruy / Switzerland
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-11-16 01:01 AM
    The back button acts as the shortcut for that.
    The triangle should change from pointing left to pointing down on Android devices.
    Except for LG devices, for some reason LG changed it so the back button doesnt change, but it still minimises the keyboard
    Had no idea. Thank you

09-11-16 03:02 AM
    On my keyboard it's the period key. Has 3 dots on it. Press and hold then press the gear icon.

I did see the gear, but there is no option to edit the dictionary. The only thing I see is a language option.
    09-11-16 01:34 PM
    I have a personal dictionary option, but I'm on the DTek50. If you don't see that, you can go into the Blackberry Keyboard Settings...Attachment 408183
    then Prediction and Correction ...Attachment 408184
    then Personal Dictionary.BlackBerry Keyboard for Android.-screenshot_20160911-150536.jpg

Good luck!

09-11-16 04:08 PM
    I have same issue as RubenRM, no email content on IMAP Accounts only in my HUB app. (GMAIL and Hotmail work fine). Is this because I'm running lollipop? Also COBALT will BB Manager now run on lollipop too as per official BB HUB app as I am missing my fabulous BB virtual keyboard I had in my Z10?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-12-16 07:57 PM
    I have used Cobalt's but thought I would give the official ones a try. However, I deleted BB Manager and the keyboard along with it. I am on 5.0 still so Cobalt, do you still have that keyboard version available?

09-13-16 12:50 AM
    I have same issue as RubenRM, no email content on IMAP Accounts only in my HUB app. (GMAIL and Hotmail work fine). Is this because I'm running lollipop? Also COBALT will BB Manager now run on lollipop too as per official BB HUB app as I am missing my fabulous BB virtual keyboard I had in my Z10?

BlackBerry Manager is now supporting Android 5.0 and you should be able to install the Keboard to your device.
    09-13-16 05:15 AM
    I have used Cobalt's but thought I would give the official ones a try. However, I deleted BB Manager and the keyboard along with it. I am on 5.0 still so Cobalt, do you still have that keyboard version available?

You can just keep BlackBerry Manager to install and update the Keyboard.
    kfehling likes this.
    09-13-16 05:16 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

Yesterday I uninstalled all blackberry apps on my Android 6 device ( sony xperia Z5), including your blackberry manager. I then installed the official apps from google play store (services hub+, agenda, hub, contacts, notes, tasks, ) and purchased the monthly subscrption for hub+. After that, I just reset the hub accounts. No problem.

Then I observed the blackberry keyboard may not be installed from Play Store.

So I reinstalled your blackberry manager, and saw Blackberry keyboard as the only app to be installed. It makes sense as the other one have been installed the official way. Problem: when I tap Install, I get a "File not available" message.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160911-073657.png 
Views:	267 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	408156

Any idea what may be wrong?

regards from Porrentruy / Switzerland
    Did installation of keyboard work before?
    09-13-16 05:38 AM
    Yes it did, on the same same Sony Xperia Z5 compact with android 6.0

09-13-16 06:09 AM
    Hmm no idea what's going wrong. You can download the keyboard on your other device. Just hit cancel when package manager wants to install. The downloaded keyboard APK can then be found in the BlackBerryManager folder on your device.
    09-13-16 07:04 AM
    We missunderstood ourselves. I have only one device from which i deleted all BB downloaded from BlackberryManager as well as BlackberryManager itself (and of course the BB keyboard.

Then I installed the BB files from Playstore and then, after seeing that the BB keyboard can't be installed from Playstore, reloaded BlackberryManager in order to get the BB keyboard. As the keyboard can't be downloaded ("File not available" error), I have not access to the APK.

Can I get the APK from another source or should I uninstall all and restart from scratch?
    09-13-16 10:50 AM
    I have a personal dictionary option, but I'm on the DTek50. If you don't see that, you can go into the Blackberry Keyboard Settings...Attachment 408183
    then Personal Dictionary.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160911-150536.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	408185

I don't have the personal directory option on my phone. The only selection I can make is the language. There is nothing else I can chose in the app or under the 'language and input' option that points me to the personal directory.

Good luck!

09-13-16 12:00 PM
    Hmm no idea what's going wrong. You can download the keyboard on your other device. Just hit cancel when package manager wants to install. The downloaded keyboard APK can then be found in the BlackBerryManager folder on your device.
    Hi Cobalt....if i use this method, will it overwrite an older version of the BB Keyboard i installed (using just an APK)?
    09-13-16 12:48 PM
    It will only overwrite if the previous version was patched by BlackBerry Manager. If you got the Keyboard from an other source, the signature may be different. If that is the case, an update will fail. Remove the old version and then do a clean install.
    09-14-16 07:39 AM
    It will only overwrite if the previous version was patched by BlackBerry Manager. If you got the Keyboard from an other source, the signature may be different. If that is the case, an update will fail. Remove the old version and then do a clean install.
    Thanks Cobalt! I realize that my friend is faced with one destructive update (losing personal dictionary and word subs), but once she is using your Blackberry Manager future updates to BB Keyboard should be non-destructive....correct?

Thanks for all you do for this community.
    09-14-16 09:22 AM
    Just get a new chinese phone and i used Cobalt manager ( many thanks Cobalt ) instead of the new official.

Same issue with keyboard. I can't dl it nor find it on google store. The issue seem to be know and i found this apk deposit

https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#SD357A0E69...274601/recent/

i hope it will help you
    09-14-16 09:46 AM
    Hi.

As the title indicates (i.e. Is it easier to load android services on an os10 phone vs load the new BlackBerry suite of apps on an android phone; when what I'm looking to do is have whatsapp functionality preserved after Dec 31, 2016?)?

As I love my q10 & PassPort phones, so I don't really want to be forced onto the Priv or DTek or stock android with the BlackBerry suite loaded on, if at all possible?

What are your thoughts as to how to easily accomplish what I'm hopeful to achieve?

Look forward to your feedback.

Many thanks,

ARQ
    09-14-16 10:12 AM
    Hi.

As the title indicates (i.e. Is it easier to load android services on an os10 phone vs load the new BlackBerry suite of apps on an android phone; when what I'm looking to do is have whatsapp functionality preserved after Dec 31, 2016?)?

As I love my q10 & PassPort phones, so I don't really want to be forced onto the Priv or DTek or stock android with the BlackBerry suite loaded on, if at all possible?

What are your thoughts as to how to easily accomplish what I'm hopeful to achieve?

Look forward to your feedback.

Many thanks,

ARQ
    Ps. Please note: tried to send the original reply to Cobalt directly via CB. HENCE THE TITLE REFERENCE.
    09-14-16 10:14 AM
    I managed to get back the BB keyboard APK from Blackberry Manager's repository. I installed V 2.2.0.8025. At least, I can use the keyboard now,

Interestingly, while in Blackberry manager, I have now the option to upgrade to V 2.3.0.8943. When I try to update, I get a "file not available" message.
    09-14-16 10:46 PM
    Re-download BlackBerry Manager from the website.
    09-15-16 03:39 PM
    then Personal Dictionary.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160911-150536.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	408185
    The update I received a few nights ago for Blackberry Manager somehow fixed my keyboard problem. I can now access all of the functions shown here on my LG G4.

Good luck!

09-17-16 12:01 PM
361 1234 ...