It is against the TOS here to post links to content that is "protected"... If someone sent letters to Cobalt, Future isn't going to allow it. Just like posting links to watch some Movie or download Songs.... it's illegal.
    Gotcha. That thread was up for a fair while so I wasn't sure what the deal was regarding legality.
    09-15-21 02:25 PM
    Gotcha. That thread was up for a fair while so I wasn't sure what the deal was regarding legality.
    Originally, nobody had bothered Cobalt, then Cobalt received a warning letter and posted as such.
    brookie229 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-15-21 02:29 PM
    Originally, nobody had bothered Cobalt, then Cobalt received a warning letter and posted as such.
    In fact, early on several of the developers from BB that worked on the suite would chime in. Usually if a bug was reported.

But the takedown was recent - earlier this year.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-21 03:19 PM
    In fact, early on several of the developers from BB that worked on the suite would chime in. Usually if a bug was reported.

But the takedown was recent - earlier this year.
    Yeah I'm not even sure if the take down was due to BlackBerry... Might be SwiftKey, as their IP is involved and they aren't getting paid for it. Might be part of the patent sale off... you don't protect a thing, you can't sell it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-21 03:23 PM
    Yeah but it's just not the same. And I don't get the same range of next word guesses. I would have just flicked up "but" after the "Yeah" above.

And the SwiftKey is close, but not quite the look of the bb keyboard.

Attachment 451126 Attachment 451127
    Exactly what I miss. Flick typing. If BlackBerry doesn't seem to care about updating, then BlackBerry should let SwiftKey have BlackBerrys upgrades to SwiftKeys own keyboard.
    09-16-21 07:56 PM
    Exactly what I miss. Flick typing. If BlackBerry doesn't seem to care about updating, then BlackBerry should let SwiftKey have BlackBerrys upgrades to SwiftKeys own keyboard.
    Who says SwiftKey isn't perfectly happy with their keyboard just as it is?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-21 08:10 PM
    That would be nice.
    Last edited by spARTacus; 09-16-21 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Missed the quote then conite got in with his post
    09-16-21 08:13 PM
    Who says SwiftKey isn't perfectly happy with their keyboard just as it is?
    I'm sure they are, but I'm not.

It's all about me, after all.
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-16-21 08:22 PM
    I'm sure they are, but I'm not.

It's all about me, after all.
    Exactly!
    09-16-21 08:23 PM
    I've just received this from BlackBerry help:
    "My name is Joe from the tech team. I understand your concern about not having the BlackBerry keyboard on your device. I appreciate your time reaching out.
    Please be informed that the BlackBerry Keyboard will no longer be available with non-BlackBerry phones. It has been made exclusive for BlackBerry devices."
    09-20-21 08:15 AM
    I've just received this from BlackBerry help:
    "My name is Joe from the tech team. I understand your concern about not having the BlackBerry keyboard on your device. I appreciate your time reaching out.
    Please be informed that the BlackBerry Keyboard will no longer be available with non-BlackBerry phones. It has been made exclusive for BlackBerry devices."
    At least they replied....

But that's always been their stance with the Keyboard app.... because they only licensed the technology from SwiftKey for their phones... not to be resold.
    09-20-21 08:18 AM
361 ... 131415