You need a patched version of the app. A raw APK will not work. Just use Cobalt. If you don't want to keep it, you can uninstall Cobalt afterwards and keep the keyboard app. It will work fine without it.
    Versions prior to 4.x can be installed directly.
    09-20-20 08:51 PM
    ...but we still don't know where the repository went, right?
    09-20-20 09:07 PM
    Better than knowing where the suppository went though.
    09-20-20 09:09 PM
    Yeah no one ever really wants to know where those go.

But seriously, we know about cobalt's apks and such, but there is still someone that can't get a working BB VKB app running right, and the guy is still trying to figure out how to get the most up to date one correct?

Better than knowing where the suppository went though.
    09-20-20 09:35 PM
    It's still there just password protected for some odd reason, is it not?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-20 07:40 PM
    But seriously, we know about cobalt's apks and such, but there is still someone that can't get a working BB VKB app running right, and the guy is still trying to figure out how to get the most up to date one correct?
    Who?
    Just get them to use this one.

https://mega.nz/file/iahjmAzA#cKIfG-...yA280sJd9xY_n4

If they want a 4.x version they can use the BB Manager.
    Azam Saghir and chetmanley like this.
    09-24-20 07:46 PM
    So im sure by now you have noticed Google doesn't make things very easy when doing certain things. The same is true about swapping the keyboard. IF..you download the BB suite with all the apps, then all you have to do is go to the settings in the phone, type in keyboard from the search bar. "keyboards and inputs" will pop up. Click that, go in and find Keyboards option. After you get into that menu, click "manage keyboards" , then you will see a list of keyboards available to you. Just hit the toggle switch for the blackberry keyboard, then TURN OFF the Gboard. Whalaa..thats it! BE SURE TO TURN OFF THE GBOARD or it the BlackBerry one wont pop up. Go back to keyboard settings to change it back.

I have purchased a OnePlus 7t and have installed the Blackberry Hub+ suite. Afterward I loaded the BlackBerry Manager and the keyboard.

I have enabled the BlackBerry keyboard but always brings up the Gboard, even when I change the default to BB. If I turn off the Gboard, I only get a screen for voice typing.

Is the BB vkb not compatible with the OnePlus 7t?

I haven't tried removing the default keyboard.
    10-04-20 08:13 AM
    I love the virtual keyboard on my OnePlus 7 Pro.. BUT, I hate the fact the emojis are still not up-to-date with iOS or Android OS. Im always having to go back and forth between BB keyboard and Android stock, since BB has old emoji (can't change the skin tone).
    10-04-20 08:19 AM
    I love the virtual keyboard on my OnePlus 7 Pro.. BUT, I hate the fact the emojis are still not up-to-date with iOS or Android OS. Im always having to go back and forth between BB keyboard and Android stock, since BB has old emoji (can't change the skin tone).
    Well can hope that the Onward deal includes the BlackBerry Keyboard, and the other consumer apps.
    10-16-20 07:38 AM
    Well can hope that the Onward deal includes the BlackBerry Keyboard, and the other consumer apps.
    If that is the plan, I wonder why development of the suite has not been resumed.
    10-16-20 08:05 AM
    If that is the plan, I wonder why development of the suite has not been resumed.
    Well if they are going their on way on the PKB design, I doubt they want to pay BlackBerry for much of anything.

But we are still talking six months.... so anything is still possible. (including that Onward figures out there is no money to be made and they fade away)
    10-16-20 08:09 AM
    Enlighten me on the Onward deal
    10-16-20 09:00 AM
    A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021 https://www.crackberry.com/new-5g-bl...ll-arrive-2021
    10-16-20 09:17 AM
    Hard too... as there is so little info.

But they are hoping to making a new BlackBerry.... it's "possible" that this new phone would use this same software for Android. If so, it will need to be updated to better work on Android 11 (assuming that's the OS they release on the phone).

But terms of the licensing (what's included) and what the phone will offer.... are unknown.

My guess... being the Onward has folks that have been part of the company for over 18 months, and the deal with BlackBerry was probably in the works for a good part of that. If they were planning to keep using HUB+, it never would have been abandoned.
    10-16-20 09:35 AM
    A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021 https://www.crackberry.com/new-5g-bl...ll-arrive-2021
    I'm not even excited for a new BlackBerry. I've already switched to OnePlus 7 Pro and it's amazing! I just wanted updated BlackBerry apps. I still use the BlackBerry launcher and most of the apps the suite comes with. Just wish we could get updated virtual keyboard, so we can have the same emoji everyone else has. That's BlackBerry's last main issue. BlackBerry to BlackBerry no issues. The second you want to send a text from BlackBerry to any other phones, their experience is different on the receiver's end..it's 2020 why is it still like this for BlackBerry phones and apps. By now, it should all be cross platform usage.
    10-16-20 09:41 AM
    I'm not even excited for a new BlackBerry. I've already switched to OnePlus 7 Pro and it's amazing! I just wanted updated BlackBerry apps. I still use the BlackBerry launcher and most of the apps the suite comes with. Just wish we could get updated virtual keyboard, so we can have the same emoji everyone else has. That's BlackBerry's last main issue. BlackBerry to BlackBerry no issues. The second you want to send a text from BlackBerry to any other phones, their experience is different on the receiver's end..it's 2020 why is it still like this for BlackBerry phones and apps. By now, it should all be cross platform usage.
    The BlackBerry keyboard is not part of the Suite because BlackBerry does not have the full rights to distribute it. They use technology licensed from SwiftKey, and as part of the deal, aren't permitted to provide it to 3rd parties.
    10-16-20 09:51 AM
    If there were money in it for them... they'd be doing it. If it were even close, they'd block Cobalt's Manager and try to make a go of it. But the KEYboard seems to have been abandoned over a year ago, and the rest of the suite is coasting on updates that were in beta at the first of the year.

The only hope is Onward pushing money to BlackBerry for the Suite of Apps.... but that will add to the cost of their phone, will they view it as important enough to include?
    10-16-20 09:55 AM
    The BlackBerry keyboard is not part of the Suite because BlackBerry does not have the full rights to distribute it. They use technology licensed from SwiftKey, and as part of the deal, aren't permitted to provide it to 3rd parties.
    Part of that deal should have been to allow SwiftKey to have access to the upgrades that BlackBerry added to the keyboard. Such as flick typing and long press a key to capitalize. Grumble grumble grumble.
    10-16-20 10:34 AM
    Part of that deal should have been to allow SwiftKey to have access to the upgrades that BlackBerry added to the keyboard. Such as flick typing and long press a key to capitalize. Grumble grumble grumble.
    The deal with BlackBerry happened prior to the purchase of SwiftKey by Microsoft.
    10-16-20 11:59 AM
    The deal with BlackBerry happened prior to the purchase of SwiftKey by Microsoft.
    Yeah my guess is the license had an expiration data and Microsoft had no interest in renewing - most likely a five year contract that ended in 2020. BlackBerry looked into trying to remove the SwiftKey parts early in 2019, but at some point gave up as Hardware was going to end anyway.

Just a wild guess, but there were rumors of the BlackBerry Keyboard being released to all users... just never happened.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-20 02:40 PM
    Anyone knows how to disable auto capitalization / correction of "i" into "I"? I use multi language kb. Went into BlackBerry kb settings, prediction and correction, word substitution, eunglish(us) and deselected capitalization of "i". even deleting the entry all together but with no succes. After deleting the entry it comes back by its self.
    The problem is caps "i looks like "l" (no caps L)and in my language when I write a email or sms or whatsapp message, the text makes no sese and makes me look like a fool.
    11-15-20 01:06 PM
    Hi. Simple question?
    I have a new Samsung S20Fe android with BB Hub suite installed.
    Anyway to get the same BB VKB on my BB 10 to install. If so how to do it.
    Many thanks. Bob
    01-02-21 07:31 AM
    Hi. Simple question?
    Many thanks. Bob
    01-02-21 07:33 AM
    Hi. Simple question?
    Many thanks. Bob
    Use the Cobalt manager toll from beginning of this thread. Works like a charm, also on s20fe.
    01-02-21 07:40 AM
    Thanks PiotrJot
    Does it have Swipe delete?
    Any problem uninstalling if it doesn't work well?
    Thanks again
    01-02-21 08:00 AM
361 ... 1112131415