Hey there, old man! Long time!
    Although I don't have the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard on my Pixel 3 XL, I am using the SwiftKey keyboard and I have encountered an issue after updating to Android 11 that I have not seen before. Whenever I go to type something when the keyboard pops up there is a "null" icon over the space bar for 3 or 4 seconds. It goes away and the spacebar works normally when it is there. Screenshot below. I also agree with the having to hunt for the screenshot button "upgrade". Frustrating.
    The "null" doesn't appear every single time or in every app. It doesn't happen in the Verizon Messages text app or when I search in Google. Attachment 449527
    As I live (yup, still trying to do that as another birthday is coming soon) and breathe (barely as Seattle is wrapped in a red orange brown haze with an Air Quality Index of 241 - very unhealthy). For the last four days that say that the air will probably be better "tomorrow" and this is actually the worst yet).

But I digress. Do those "sunglasses" mean you've retired to someplace with, well, sun and warmth? Hope things are well.

And I've digressed again - lack of oxygen, perhaps. I find it odd that the BB Keyboard shows up and the suggestions/predictions show on the various keys but swiping has no effect. As I continue to type, the suggestions move to the next appropriate letter key but, again, swiping is ineffective. I have to type the entire word.

Maybe there's a hint in this: I have to enable another keyboard in order to enable the BB Keyboard. If I turn off/disable Gboard, then BB Keyboard is Disabled. Same for when I had Hacker's Keyboard. It had to stay enabled or BB would also disable. (I had Hackers before this update so it is/was nothing new. Although, frankly, this OLD guy does not remember what needed it installed). And BB Keyboard could not be enabled on its own.

Re: Smokeaire - Will BB KB work if I UNinstall all of Cobalt and go with the official Hub stuff? BB KB is not available on its own and working or IS IT?

Back to digression - Stay healthy and safe Mr Semi-abrasive (g)
    09-14-20 08:33 AM
    Yes, I have retired to the East Coast of Florida! Palm Bay to be exact. Living the dream!
    I was wondering whether the fires had made their way up toward your area. Hope you stay safe.
    I miss the flick typing of the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard. The SwiftKey keyboard doesn't do it for me. I haven't sent my issue to the SwiftKey support group yet as it is not there all the time. It sure would be nice if BlackBerry would license their upgrades back to SwiftKey so we can get the BlackBerry keyboard without the work arounds which I won't do.
    As I live (yup, still trying to do that as another birthday is coming soon) and breathe (barely as Seattle is wrapped in a red orange brown haze with an Air Quality Index of 241 - very unhealthy). For the last four days that say that the air will probably be better "tomorrow" and this is actually the worst yet).

But I digress. Do those "sunglasses" mean you've retired to someplace with, well, sun and warmth? Hope things are well.

And I've digressed again - lack of oxygen, perhaps. I find it odd that the BB Keyboard shows up and the suggestions/predictions show on the various keys but swiping has no effect. As I continue to type, the suggestions move to the next appropriate letter key but, again, swiping is ineffective. I have to type the entire word.

Maybe there's a hint in this: I have to enable another keyboard in order to enable the BB Keyboard. If I turn off/disable Gboard, then BB Keyboard is Disabled. Same for when I had Hacker's Keyboard. It had to stay enabled or BB would also disable. (I had Hackers before this update so it is/was nothing new. Although, frankly, this OLD guy does not remember what needed it installed). And BB Keyboard could not be enabled on its own.

Re: Smokeaire - Will BB KB work if I UNinstall all of Cobalt and go with the official Hub stuff? BB KB is not available on its own and working or IS IT?

09-14-20 09:03 AM
    Yes, I have retired to the East Coast of Florida! Palm Bay to be exact. Living the dream!
    I was wondering whether the fires had made their way up toward your area. Hope you stay safe.
    I miss the flick typing of the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard. The SwiftKey keyboard doesn't do it for me. I haven't sent my issue to the SwiftKey support group yet as it is not there all the time. It sure would be nice if BlackBerry would license their upgrades back to SwiftKey so we can get the BlackBerry keyboard without the work arounds which I won't do.
    You can get the keyboard here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...16457-release/ no cobalt or anything else needed.
    09-14-20 09:19 AM
    OK thanks. In all the years I have been hanging around here, I have never sideloaded anything. I may need some help. I have a Google Pixel 3 XL. I saw several versions of the Keyboard there. Do I just click to download the latest version and what do I do if something adverse happens? You also have to understand that I am almost, but not quite, as old as FF22.
    You can get the keyboard here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...16457-release/ no cobalt or anything else needed.
    09-14-20 10:05 AM
    OK thanks. In all the years I have been hanging around here, I have never sideloaded anything. I may need some help. I have a Google Pixel 3 XL. I saw several versions of the Keyboard there. Do I just click to download the latest version and what do I do if something adverse happens? You also have to understand that I am almost, but not quite, as old as FF22.
    You don't sideload Android apps. You just click on the apk file and it installs.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-apk-download/
    09-14-20 10:11 AM
    You don't have to sideload anything, just tap on the .apk and it will download just like any android app. Since it's not in the Google Play Store, however, a window will pop up (most likely) asking if you want to allow an install from unknown source. ApkMirror is very safe to use. I think that you have to use the version I linked to but you can try the other versions. I'm pretty sure version 4.xxxxx will NOT install. @conite uses the version I have linked, I believe.
    09-14-20 10:13 AM
    OK thanks. I will give it a try.
    You don't have to sideload anything, just tap on the .apk and it will download just like any android app. Since it's not in the Google Play Store, however, a window will pop up (most likely) asking if you want to allow an install from unknown source. ApkMirror is very safe to use. I think that you have to use the version I linked to but you can try the other versions. I'm pretty sure version 4.xxxxx will NOT install. @conite uses the version I have linked, I believe.
    09-14-20 10:19 AM
    OK thanks!
    You don't sideload Android apps. You just click on the apk file and it installs.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...-apk-download/
    09-14-20 10:19 AM
    Well, I downloaded the app and it asked me whether to install it after I gave it permission to download from the apkmirror site. I gave permission to install and afterwards it said it was not installed. Tried it twice.
    09-14-20 10:30 AM
    Well, I downloaded the app and it asked me whether to install it after I gave it permission to download from the apkmirror site. I gave permission to install and afterwards it said it was not installed. Tried it twice.
    Did you delete any and all prior versions you may have had on your device?
    09-14-20 10:31 AM
    Never had the BlackBerry keyboard on this device.
    Did you delete any and all prior versions you may have had on your device?
    09-14-20 10:55 AM
    Never had the BlackBerry keyboard on this device.
    I have it running on a Pixel 3 here, so I'm not sure what you're doing. Did you ever install the BlackBerry suite of apps on the phone?
    09-14-20 11:09 AM
    I have it running on a Pixel 3 here, so I'm not sure what you're doing. Did you ever install the BlackBerry suite of apps on the phone?
    Are you on Android 11, like he is?
    09-14-20 11:27 AM
    Are you on Android 11, like he is?
    Yes. Have been since beta 2.
    09-14-20 11:33 AM

I installed all of the Cobalt apps and then installed those back straight from Play Store. BB keyboard works fine. I'm running Android 11.
    09-14-20 11:58 AM
    Yes
    09-14-20 12:28 PM
    Yes
    Perhaps the un-patched keyboard app by itself conflicts with the Suite.
    09-14-20 12:37 PM
    Hi,
    My wife wants me to install the BB keyboard on her Pixel 4a. I've download the Manager and it installed fine. When I try to download the keyboard it just sits at "pending". I tried to download some of the other apps and get the same thing. Now we have switched cell providers and now have Google FI using the built in Google VPN with all calls and data going through our home wifi. I'm not sure if the VPN has anything to do with it. She's not here so I can't test that out.
    What do you think?
    Update: Wife came home, I turned off Google FI VPN and the keyboard downloaded and installed just fine.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 09-17-20 at 04:49 PM.
    09-17-20 09:42 AM
    Hi,
    My wife wants me to install the BB keyboard on her Pixel 4a. I've download the Manager and it installed fine. When I try to download the keyboard it just sits at "pending". I tried to download some of the other apps and get the same thing. Now we have switched cell providers and now have Google FI using the built in Google VPN with all calls and data going through our home wifi. I'm not sure if the VPN has anything to do with it. She's not here so I can't test that out.
    What do you think?
    Update: Wife came home, I turned off Google FI VPN and the keyboard downloaded and installed just fine.
    Proable a firewall setting, to protect you from downloading files from unknown sources outside the country.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-18-20 09:34 AM
    Proable a firewall setting, to protect you from downloading files from unknown sources outside the country.
    I agree. It does seem that way since downloading from Cobalt's Manager works with NordVPN.
    09-18-20 09:53 AM
    Didn't Cobalt have a repository you could also go to for the files?
    09-18-20 03:55 PM
    Didn't Cobalt have a repository you could also go to for the files?
    Yes.
    09-18-20 06:19 PM
    I've been looking for it ever since my post and can't find it. The BlackBerry Manager I have has a line that says Repository, but it goes to a files site that asks for a password. Doesn't seem the same as where they used to be.
    Yes.
    09-18-20 06:21 PM
    I've been looking for it ever since my post and can't find it. The BlackBerry Manager I have has a line that says Repository, but it goes to a files site that asks for a password. Doesn't seem the same as where they used to be.
    That's the one I had in mind too. Just checked and BB Manager also takes me to that password protected site. Can you clarify @Cobalt232?
    09-18-20 06:40 PM
    You need a patched version of the app. A raw APK will not work. Just use Cobalt. If you don't want to keep it, you can uninstall Cobalt afterwards and keep the keyboard app. It will work fine without it.
    09-20-20 04:43 PM
361 ... 1011121314 ...