I seem to have lost the BB Keyboard. I've a Pixel 3 and it was running fine. But I was having battery issues (like down to 10% in 5 or 6 hours) so I booted it to Safe Mode. Let it run for a day and battery lasted a full day. Rebooted out of Safe Mode and BB Keyboard was not showing up when I was posting a new message or replying in BB Inbox (which still works). The Keyboard is located and I can tweak its settings under Android/Settings/System/Language... But it is not "running". I used BB Manager to updated some items. But no luck. Any ideas.
    09-01-20 08:13 PM
    I seem to have lost the BB Keyboard. I've a Pixel 3 and it was running fine. But I was having battery issues (like down to 10% in 5 or 6 hours) so I booted it to Safe Mode. Let it run for a day and battery lasted a full day. Rebooted out of Safe Mode and BB Keyboard was not showing up when I was posting a new message or replying in BB Inbox (which still works). The Keyboard is located and I can tweak its settings under Android/Settings/System/Language... But it is not "running". I used BB Manager to updated some items. But no luck. Any ideas.
    Are you sure it's the only selected active keyboard?
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-20 09:09 PM
    Are you sure it's the only selected active keyboard?
    Thanks for pushing me. I played around with everything for an hour out in the yard this afternoon and still could not get it going. I just on-ed and off-ed a few times and different keyboards - FINALLY.
    09-01-20 11:37 PM
    Thank you, FreddyK13!

Your technique solved my problem. Dictation is once again working for me.

Thanks again.
    09-02-20 10:42 AM
    Thank you, FreddyK13!

Your technique solved my problem. Dictation is once again working for me.

Thanks again.
    Glad it worked!

I have a question if anyone can help. I do not get the option of predictive text when entering an account number, or email to login to something, website or whatever. Is this a setting? Or some sort of security feature. Frustrating to have to enter my entire email all the time. On the plus side, it has been quite a while since I used the VKB, coming from a KeyOne. Forgot how much I liked it. Thanks @Cobalt232 !
    09-02-20 11:53 AM
    BlackBerry VKB on my Samsung usually predicts my email address. After a recent update, it seemed like much of its learned behavior has been "forgotten." It seems to be relearning the more I use it. Give it some time and perhaps it will start doing a better job of predicting.
    09-02-20 12:14 PM
    Glad it worked!

I have a question if anyone can help. I do not get the option of predictive text when entering an account number, or email to login to something, website or whatever. Is this a setting? Or some sort of security feature. Frustrating to have to enter my entire email all the time. On the plus side, it has been quite a while since I used the VKB, coming from a KeyOne. Forgot how much I liked it. Thanks @Cobalt232 !
    I've noticed that predictive text doesn't work in some cases. It doesn't work in Google search and some other situations. I need to switch to Gboard for a day or two to see if it behaves the same way.
    09-02-20 03:08 PM
    I've noticed that predictive text doesn't work in some cases. It doesn't work in Google search and some other situations. I need to switch to Gboard for a day or two to see if it behaves the same way.
    Predictive text is dependent of the type of input text field. Some input fields carry a flag that tells the keyboard not to show predictions. This is for privacy reasons.

Ir in Chrome, in the web address input field, predictions are disabled.
    Smokeaire, FreddyK13 and mcgilcoli like this.
    09-02-20 04:51 PM
    Predictive text is dependent of the type of input text field. Some input fields carry a flag that tells the keyboard not to show predictions. This is for privacy reasons.

That explains it why I noticed that behavior on many of my phones. Thanks for clearing that up.
    09-02-20 04:58 PM

Decided to add my lengthy email address to my quick phrases. Problem solved for me!
    09-03-20 10:15 AM

Of all the keyboards I have tested, only SwiftKey provides predictions in all fields.
    09-03-20 12:02 PM
    Okay, did I goof. I installed Android 11 yesterday. Now while I see predictions on the various keys, I canNOT swipe up to select them.
    09-09-20 08:59 PM
    Guess it has something to do with the new consolidated keyboard suggestions.

Read here:
    https://android-developers.googleblo...lease.html?m=1

Supposably an update of the bb keyboard is required.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-20 04:17 PM
    Guess it has something to do with the new consolidated keyboard suggestions.

Read here:
    https://android-developers.googleblo...lease.html?m=1

Supposably an update of the bb keyboard is required.
    So, at the moment, it is not something you can fix - BB has to offer a new Keyboard app (apk)?

I must say, I'm lost without my SWIPE UPS! (g)

Between this loss and the removal of the Screenshot option from the Power Button, I'm ready to go back to Android 10!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-10-20 05:03 PM
    Nothing that I can do at the moment. I'll try to run some tests some day on an A11 image to see what happens.

But I believe that bb needs to come up with a fix.
    09-10-20 05:10 PM
    Okay, did I goof. I installed Android 11 yesterday. Now while I see predictions on the various keys, I canNOT swipe up to select them.
    Right now I'm typing using the Blackberry keyboard and swiping up still works just fine.
    Is there a particular situation and it's not working?
    More than half the words in this post were predicted and swiped up.
    09-10-20 05:14 PM
    Right now I'm typing using the Blackberry keyboard and swiping up still works just fine.
    Is there a particular situation and it's not working?
    More than half the words in this post were predicted and swiped up.
    In BB's Inbox. I see the predicted words but can't swipe up on them. I've been looking through various options and there are so many I have no idea where to start.
    09-10-20 05:22 PM
    In BB's Inbox. I see the predicted words but can't swipe up on them. I've been looking through various options and there are so many I have no idea where to start.
    I just tried composing an email in BB Inbox. It works fine.
    Are you using the Blackberry apps patched through Cobalt's app or did you install straight from Play Store?
    09-10-20 05:37 PM
    I am running 4.1904 on my S10 and have 2 questions: can I get the keyboard to show in pure black (shows as gray) and can I get the number row to show permanently? When typing a password, the number row shows. Thanks.
    I'm on an S10+ using Synergy with Swift Black theme to get a black BlackBerry keyboard.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Keyboard for Android.-6031.jpg  
    09-10-20 11:35 PM
    On another topic I'm finding that the Ctrl+V paste command is double pasting. Anybody else experiencing this? Seems to be a recent phenomenon. Running a Samsung S10+.
    09-10-20 11:37 PM
    I just tried composing an email in BB Inbox. It works fine.
    Are you using the Blackberry apps patched through Cobalt's app or did you install straight from Play Store?
    Yes, I'm using Cobalt's app.

I lost the keyboard about two weeks ago when I booted my Pixel 3 into Safe Mode and then back to normal. I futzed for about a day and it came back. I'm not sure what I did then. So I'm futzing hoping for a repeat of the unknown!!!!
    09-11-20 09:27 AM

I lost the keyboard about two weeks ago when I booted my Pixel 3 into Safe Mode and then back to normal. I futzed for about a day and it came back. I'm not sure what I did then. So I'm futzing hoping for a repeat of the unknown!!!!
    You might want to delete all of the Cobalt BB apps and install Hub+ and the keyboard directly from the Play Store. That's what I'm running. Of course if I keep it it will cost . 99 a month. I definitely prefer Gboard over the BB keyboard due to key size. Just my preference.
    09-11-20 09:51 AM
    You might want to delete all of the Cobalt BB apps and install Hub+ and the keyboard directly from the Play Store. That's what I'm running. Of course if I keep it it will cost . 99 a month. I definitely prefer Gboard over the BB keyboard due to key size. Just my preference.
    I didn't think you could access the keyboard app from the Play Store on any phone but a BlackBerry Android phone. That was the reason you needed Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager if you wanted the keyboard app for any other non-BB phone.
    09-11-20 11:46 PM
    I didn't think you could access the keyboard app from the Play Store on any phone but a BlackBerry Android phone. That was the reason you needed Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager if you wanted the keyboard app for any other non-BB phone.
    You learn something new everyday.
    09-12-20 06:03 AM
    Hey there, old man! Long time!
    Although I don't have the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard on my Pixel 3 XL, I am using the SwiftKey keyboard and I have encountered an issue after updating to Android 11 that I have not seen before. Whenever I go to type something when the keyboard pops up there is a "null" icon over the space bar for 3 or 4 seconds. It goes away and the spacebar works normally when it is there. Screenshot below. I also agree with the having to hunt for the screenshot button "upgrade". Frustrating.
    The "null" doesn't appear every single time or in every app. It doesn't happen in the Verizon Messages text app or when I search in Google.

BlackBerry Keyboard for Android.-screenshot_20200913-101235.jpeg
    09-14-20 08:04 AM
361 ... 910111213 ...