Will the keyboard work on new OnePlus 7Pro? if yes I do use it?
    Yes, it will
    05-28-19 03:41 AM
    Hello Guys,

I've an issue with version 4.1904.0.16663, there's space after swiping a word but it's invisible (not shown), and if I start a new world it puts space automatically. But if I want to change the end of the world after swipe and press backspace the invisible space disappears and it's delete the last character instead deleting the invisible space...

Did anybody has the same issue? It's very frustrating.

We use BES12 server at the company, BlackBerry HUB + services are used, I have a Huawei mate 20 lite with Microsoft Luncher (btw it has very cool gesture settings, my phone works like my beloved Z30 with OS10).

Thanks for helping.
    06-01-19 01:20 PM
    Our VKB app is clearly broken in this new update. Spacing is off, the first letters of sentences aren't being capitalized, word predictions are... weird, and errors aren't being auto-corrected. BlackBerry, please put out keyboard back!!
    06-10-19 06:45 PM
    Does this have anything to do with why the update was so awful? (Poor auto-correct, not capitalizing the first letter of a sentence, odd predicted text suggestions)
    06-10-19 07:06 PM
    So my provider did some network 'upgrades' and overnight my Passport was no longer able to get any signal.

I just downgraded to a LG MS550 running (allegedly) android 7.0 though next to the PP anything is a downgrade.

Trying to make the thing useable and installed Cobolt's BB Manager in hopes of installing the keyboard. Because for some reason the keyboard isnt available in thr playvstore. Says its not compatible with my device. Doeant say why. But when i install through Cobolt BB Manager and enable and select the blackberry keyboard it stops then it stops again then it stops again and it wont even come yp. It only says the app has stopped working and i xan only use this f..king LG keyboard. I have tries older apk files andbthey all say the same thing: faile to install because its not compatible with this devixe. Ive triedbto rwstart , modify permissions, update the OSb anything i could think of andbit just wont wotk. The only version thsg it will allpw me to install is through the BB Manager and that app keeps stopping before i can even use it.

I want my Passport back. T-Mobile sucks.
    06-12-19 10:50 PM
    As stated above, BlackBerry dropped support for 32bit architecture devices. Youll need to rollback to Keyboard v3.4. It's available in the BlackBerry Manager cloud repository.
    Cobolt, you are a godsend. This post solved my issue and the v7 app works beautifully. It's bad enough being forced to downgrade from a Passport but being denied a usable keyboard...

Thank you so much for all your hard work
    06-13-19 07:56 AM
    Cobolt, you are a godsend. This post solved my issue and the v7 app works beautifully. It's bad enough being forced to downgrade from a Passport but being denied a usable keyboard...

Thank you so much for all your hard work
    You couldn’t find a newer Android with all the price dumping? Save the file, it’s a keeper.
    06-13-19 11:26 AM
    You couldn’t find a newer Android with all the price dumping? Save the file, it’s a keeper.
    I'm appalled that this phone came out two years ago and it's too old. Passport came out five years ago; it must be a dinosaur by now LOL! No wonder they disabled it. Bad enough half the websites had 'certificate issues' now it simply won't connect to any network wtf?

I could have found a NEWER android phone, yes, but I'm at a place in my life where I don't see the value in shelling out four figures for a phone that will stop working in half a decade. I got this LG for free, boss.
    06-13-19 12:13 PM
    I'm appalled that this phone came out two years ago and it's too old. Passport came out five years ago; it must be a dinosaur by now LOL! No wonder they disabled it. Bad enough half the websites had 'certificate issues' now it simply won't connect to any network wtf?

I could have found a NEWER android phone, yes, but I'm at a place in my life where I don't see the value in shelling out four figures for a phone that will stop working in half a decade. I got this LG for free, boss.
    Well, you didn’t read my comment then. I’m like you as well. I’m not competing with free but I still need a phone that’s capable. All the new mid-tier flagships can be had for under $500 with various specials, especially Android hardware. Check out the latest articles here or Android Central regarding the price cutting and iMore for iOS mid-tier XR articles regarding specs and pricing. I bought two XR on BOGO special for $750 USD at intro seven months ago. Prices are only going down further.
    06-13-19 02:24 PM
    I noticed the tiny text when trying out the keyboard on my Kindle Fire HD 8.

I figured it was a screen resolution thing, but it's weird in that the tablet is 1280x800 while my S9 is much higher at 2220x1080 (I'm not running at the highest it can do).

Everything else on the keyboard scales right on the tablet except the predictive text.

Nothing really to add, just commenting on my experience using the BlackBerry keyboard on a tablet.
    Older app versions where better at scaling. That's why i just reinstalled 2.x on my tablet. Don't know if there are any serious bugs, but i remember it working just fine, since i never mused the newer gimmicks anyway.
    06-18-19 07:09 AM
    Hi,

I bought Oppo F11 phone running ColorOS 6 (Android 9 I think). I installed Cobalt's Blackberry Manager then installed BlackBerry Keyboard.

It installed successfully and I set it as my default keyboard. However, when I tried to type anything (URL, SMS, phone numbers) the keyboard does not come up.

Any help?

I tried to install BlackBerry Keyboard apk from apkpure site but it failed to install.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-19 01:45 AM
    Hi,

I bought Oppo F11 phone running ColorOS 6 (Android 9 I think). I installed Cobalt's Blackberry Manager then installed BlackBerry Keyboard.

It installed successfully and I set it as my default keyboard. However, when I tried to type anything (URL, SMS, phone numbers) the keyboard does not come up.

Any help?

I tried to install BlackBerry Keyboard apk from apkpure site but it failed to install.

Posted via CB10
    I got it to work by downloading a slightly earlier version of the keyboard APK. I think it was the second or third latest version.
    07-13-19 08:22 AM
    I'm using the Keyboard on the Oppo Reno. Is there a way to make the keyboard taller?
    07-13-19 08:31 AM
    BB Keyboard turns white on white making it unable to be used when you turn on forced dark mode in Android Q Beta. Any fix for this?
    07-16-19 03:27 PM
    BB Keyboard turns white on white making it unable to be used when you turn on forced dark mode in Android Q Beta. Any fix for this?
    BlackBerry virtual keyboard will definitely need some tweaking for Q. It's going to be a while until that happens! Even on P there are a few funny things going on, and they aren't even there yet. For example, on my S10+, which is on P - the "chin" completely disappears when in gesture only mode (nav buttons off), and in regular nav mode the chin displays as system grey even though the BlackBerry keyboard itself is black.
    07-18-19 09:08 AM
    BlackBerry virtual keyboard will definitely need some tweaking for Q. It's going to be a while until that happens! Even on P there are a few funny things going on, and they aren't even there yet. For example, on my S10+, which is on P - the "chin" completely disappears when in gesture only mode (nav buttons off), and in regular nav mode the chin displays as system grey even though the BlackBerry keyboard itself is black.
    "System grey"... like the the gesture hint strip in the screenshot below?

I have an S9 with Pie, and that's not the fault of the keyboard. That's just how Samsung's OneUI deals with app backgrounds.

You might notice if you have the nav bar turned on, the background is light gray while just browsing the CrackBerry app without the keyboard up. Even in dark mode, the app is not totally black. Same with the keyboard app - not totally black, but a very dark gray. The nav bar will only go to a totally black background if the app has a totally black background.

On my phone, it's set for gesture, but the "hints" are on, so I end up with that Gray sliver along the bottom. Unless the app is totally black.
    BlackBerry Keyboard for Android.-screenshot_20190718-092443.jpeg
    07-18-19 09:36 AM
    "System grey"... like the the gesture hint strip in the screenshot below?

I have an S9 with Pie, and that's not the fault of the keyboard. That's just how Samsung's OneUI deals with app backgrounds.

You might notice if you have the nav bar turned on, the background is light gray while just browsing the CrackBerry app without the keyboard up. Even in dark mode, the app is not totally black. Same with the keyboard app - not totally black, but a very dark gray. The nav bar will only go to a totally black background if the app has a totally black background.

On my phone, it's set for gesture, but the "hints" are on, so I end up with that Gray sliver along the bottom. Unless the app is totally black.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190718-092443.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	445284
    Yes but when you have the hints off, the keyboard collapses right to the bottom of the screen. A bit awkward to type on. Other keyboards do not do this, including the default Samsung one. And the chin is black (when you set a dark mode) on other keyboards, not light grey. I know - I tried several.

I can't see it being any different for regular Android Q with full gestures (so I doubt Samsung UI is the real culprit here) but then again, we're probably pushing our luck as its very much up in the air whether we'll ever see another all touch BlackBerry, let alone any updates to suit Q or full gesture navigation.
    07-18-19 09:58 AM
    Yes but when you have the hints off, the keyboard collapses right to the bottom of the screen. A bit awkward to type on. Other keyboards do not do this, including the default Samsung one. And the chin is black (when you set a dark mode) on other keyboards, not light grey. I know - I tried several.

I can't see it being any different for regular Android Q with full gestures (so I doubt Samsung UI is the real culprit here) but then again, we're probably pushing our luck as its very much up in the air whether we'll ever see another all touch BlackBerry, let alone any updates to suit Q or full gesture navigation.
    I agree about the chin.

But, remember that the BlackBerry Virtual keyboard was made for the Motion. It's not officially available for other devices the way the other Hub+ Suite of apps are.

How much of an actual chin does the Motion have below its screen? Remember how many people complained about how big it is?

Compare that to what's under the screen of the S8/S9/S10. That's why the default Samsung keyboard added that extra space (I turned it on to compare, and my goodness, it takes up almost half the screen height of an already tall screen).

I'm okay with the BB keyboard having no bottom chin built in as I have an Otterbox Defender on my S9, which adds an actual lipped bottom edge (but I still hate the exposed curved edges - I'm getting a totally flat screen phone next time).

BTW, the BlackBerry keyboard has no part of it that is totally black. It's still a very dark gray behind the "?123" and "return" keys. Compared to the background of the Samsung keyboard which is total black. Both kb shots side-by-side below. Only total black triggers a black nav bar background (or transparent for some launchers, like Samsung's default, or Nova Launcher - which is what I use). BlackBerry Keyboard for Android.-screenshot_bbvkb-samvkb.jpeg
    07-18-19 11:15 AM
    Compare that to what's under the screen of the S8/S9/S10. That's why the default Samsung keyboard added that extra space (I turned it on to compare, and my goodness, it takes up almost half the screen height of an already tall screen).
    Yes I agree, the Samsung keyboard (and most VKB's for that matter) is absolutely huge. Its one major way the BlackBerry VKB differentiates itself and the main reason I still use it. Maybe that stems partially from being a longtime PKB user, but I really don't care for all the bells and whistles on VKBs, even those on the BlackBerry VKB. What I am looking for is simplicity, compactness, excellent autocorrect and suggested words, security/privacy features (such as Google-free dictation engine) and integration with the rest of the BlackBerry suite.

I'm okay with the BB keyboard having no bottom chin built in as I have an Otterbox Defender on my S9, which adds an actual lipped bottom edge (but I still hate the exposed curved edges - I'm getting a totally flat screen phone next time).
    Ha ha, I'm the opposite. Like a slim case so the chin helps a bit (not a huge Motion style chin mind you) and as for the edge screen, I actually love it. The edge panel is very reminiscent of the swipe shortcuts on my PRIV, which I found really useful on a touchscreen.

BTW, the BlackBerry keyboard has no part of it that is totally black. It's still a very dark gray behind the "?123" and "return" keys. Compared to the background of the Samsung keyboard which is total black. Both kb shots side-by-side below. Only total black triggers a black nav bar background (or transparent for some launchers, like Samsung's default, or Nova Launcher - which is what I use).
    Agree on the colour, its not pure black but more a dark grey. I suppose technically its "dark theme" as opposed to black. Point being the BlackBerry keyboard does not "insert" a blank chin in the absence of a nav bar, and the nav bar itself won't turn any colour other than light grey regardless of the system theme, which really sticks out like a sore thumb (no pun intended) given the dark theme of the keyboard itself. Truthfully I can't really say if its the Samsung UI or the keyboard app itself that is ultimately responsible; although I tend toward the latter, since others keyboards such as Gboard, Swiftkey, and the default Samsung version do not push the space bar all the way to the bottom, regardless of the nav bar setting - and also match the nav bar colour set by the system.
    Last edited by dendron01; 07-18-19 at 01:11 PM.
    07-18-19 12:54 PM
    I'll agree that BlackBerry should add something of a buffer along the bottom of the vkb. Maybe even an option of none, small and large.

It would be harder to use for me if I didn't have the case I have on this thing.

In the end, I guess it depends on if BlackBerry ever decides to officially release their vkb to other phones. I know they recently re-wrote the engine to take Swiftkey out. I hoped that meant a planned release in the Play Store... because, so far, I don't see a Motion 2 in the future - the only device that the vkb is actually made for.
    07-18-19 01:30 PM
    Re-download BlackBerry Manager from the website.
    where and how to download blackberry manager for the keyboard?
    07-23-19 09:26 PM
    where and how to download blackberry manager for the keyboard?
    Just replied to your other post, but just follow this link and download from there.

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/

Posted via CB10
    07-23-19 09:36 PM
    Just replied to your other post, but just follow this link and download from there.

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/

Posted via CB10
    thanks a lot.. I have downloaded the blackberry cobalt and the keyboard app but when I selected it as default keyboard, it shows 'unfortunately the app has stopped working'.

any solution?
    07-23-19 09:51 PM
    thanks a lot.. I have downloaded the blackberry cobalt and the keyboard app but when I selected it as default keyboard, it shows 'unfortunately the app has stopped working'.

any solution?
    What device are you trying to load this on?
    07-24-19 09:19 AM
    What device are you trying to load this on?
    Their question was answered here.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-19 10:08 AM
361 ... 56789 ...