Just a general question
    My friend has a LG G4 and needs a keyboard, I suggested the BlackBerry keyboard in the App store but unfortunately it's not supported.
    Is there a way she can DL the apk file or an updated apk file for the BlackBerry keyboard?
    Let me know thanks CB community
    08-16-16 06:52 PM
    Has your friend ruled out Google Keyboard?

It's pretty feature rich with gesture typing, voice typing an is really good at learning frequently used words and predicting what you write.
    Gelzz likes this.
    08-16-16 07:14 PM

It's pretty feature rich with gesture typing, voice typing an is really good at learning frequently used words and predicting what you write.
    Awesome I'll let her know
    Thank
    Ethynil likes this.
    08-16-16 07:16 PM

My girlfriend has the LG G4 and it's very close to stock marshmallow so I believe it already uses the Google Keyboard by default. I have a Moto G4Plus and it definitely defaults to the Google Keyboard. Having said that, I preferred the Blackberry Keyboard on my Z10 and may try Cobalt's patched version.
    Gelzz likes this.
    08-17-16 07:40 PM
    My girlfriend has the LG G4 and it's very close to stock marshmallow so I believe it already uses the Google Keyboard by default. I have a Moto G4Plus and it definitely defaults to the Google Keyboard. Having said that, I preferred the Blackberry Keyboard on my Z10 and may try Cobalt's patched version.
    Awesome, would you happen to have a link or an updated version of the colbolt apk?
    08-17-16 08:47 PM
    Awesome, would you happen to have a link or an updated version of the colbolt apk?
    https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    08-17-16 11:13 PM
    The engine underneath the BlackBerry Keyboard is regular old Swiftkey, you could try that, maybe.
    Ethynil and chain13 like this.
    08-18-16 12:25 AM
    is there just one with the keyboard ? she doesn't want all of that
    08-18-16 12:24 PM
    The Google keyboard offers most of all too and it's much improved in recent versions.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-22-16 09:13 AM
    The engine underneath the BlackBerry Keyboard is regular old Swiftkey, you could try that, maybe.
    I have downloaded Swiftkey to my phone for that day soon when my BB keyboard isn't available to me on my non-BB phone but I just keep going back to my the BB keyboard. I have gotten so used to the layout and "flicking" my messages these last 3.5 years, I can't stick with anything else. Maybe Swiftkey can implement flicking on their keyboard and at least that would help.

Gelzz likes this.
    08-23-16 05:06 PM
    I have downloaded Swiftkey to my phone for that day soon when my BB keyboard isn't available to me on my non-BB phone but I just keep going back to my the BB keyboard. I have gotten so used to the layout and "flicking" my messages these last 3.5 years, I can't stick with anything else. Maybe Swiftkey can implement flicking on their keyboard and at least that would help.

I'll let my friend know, right now she's found something else but wants something better, she didn't like the google keyboard but I'll let her know about this one
    08-24-16 06:55 AM
    I love the blackberry keyboard on android but it is missing one feature that I miss sooooo much. The ability to customize the autocorrect! I used it to create customized email signatures. I would type my initials and it would change to my signature or a couple other letters to get different signatures. I need this in the android keyboard too

08-31-16 11:15 AM
    I love the blackberry keyboard on android but it is missing one feature that I miss sooooo much. The ability to customize the autocorrect! I used it to create customized email signatures. I would type my initials and it would change to my signature or a couple other letters to get different signatures. I need this in the android keyboard too

You can still do that. Go to the settings for BlackBerry keyboard >Prediction and Correction>Word Substitution. I only have English on mine so all of my auto-text are under there. This is one of the things I love most about BlackBerry keyboard and I can't find any other keyboard out there that has auto-text included.

Ethynil likes this.
    08-31-16 11:54 AM
    I can't find that setting on my lg g4

09-01-16 07:06 PM
    I can't find that setting on my lg g4

My phone is also a G4. Go to Language and Input in settings menu, choose the gear next to the BlackBerry keyboard and go from there.

09-01-16 10:21 PM
    I also have used to Blackberry keyboard that can't think of using something else. Some time, after leaving Z30, I used iphone 6 keyboard but didn't like at all so shifted to Priv.
    09-02-16 04:15 AM
    Ah ha! found it. I'm so happy. Thank you

vag65 likes this.
    09-02-16 07:16 AM
    Go to Language and Input in settings menu, choose the gear next to the BlackBerry keyboard
    This was helpful to me, a new BB user. FYI in the Android DTEK50 settings, there is no gear, but rather a menu item :Blackberry Keyboard Settings.

Thanks for the helpful tip!
    vag65 likes this.
    09-02-16 06:57 PM
    The LG G4 is nowhere near stock Android, trust me. I had the device and now use the G5. LG is quite heavily skinned.

It doesnt use the Google Keyboard by default either, it uses the LG keyboard, which looks a lot like the Google Keyboard
    09-10-16 11:16 PM