Wow, all I can say is Wow! Mind you I've signed up as Beta Tester a while back and can't remember the date.
    Nevertheless, Blackberry Hub I've found the easiest to access everything (email, text, calls, WhatsApp and Reddit) all in one place, showing you logs regardless of what you're looking for.

Heck I just go to search and I type in one key word then everything that has that word shows up (unless of course I've deleted it).
    There it is...open, edit that old email all from the hub.
    Those who are familiar know and understand the simplicity and ease of use.
    Having said that, I believe the previous update was May, 2022.

So, here's the latest Jan 11, 23.

Inbox: 2.2251.2.4226 (Access because I’m on Beta Tester)
    BB Hub+ Services: 2.2212.1.3995
    Not sure what support for API33 is… which was updated.

Previous
    Inbox: 2.2212.1.4226
    BB Hub+ Services: 2.2212.1.3995
    BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox Latest Updates-screenshot-1.jpgBlackBerry Hub+ Inbox Latest Updates-screenshot-2.jpgBlackBerry Hub+ Inbox Latest Updates-screenshot-3.jpg
    01-27-23 10:58 AM
    Not sure what support for API33 is… which was updated.
    That is support for Android 13. Probably required to remain in the Play Store.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    01-27-23 11:21 AM
    That is support for Android 13. Probably required to remain in the Play Store.

Awesome, Thanks.

Yep currently on Pixel 4a 5G (No looking back to any other Android OEM unless of course my GP cant be updated to the latest software revision, then it's time to move on to GP 7a) . Having the latest OS pretty much ready to download/install when it's released/launched is more than perfect for my needs.
    01-27-23 11:43 AM
    Great update, thanks for the info!
    01-27-23 02:30 PM
    Any idea if there were any functional improvements? I always get a lot of stuff that I have deleted show back up in the Hub later in the day or next morning.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
    01-28-23 12:35 PM
    No update for the release version in the Play Store so far, but I've had no issues with it.

Even after my S20 FE updated to Android 13 a couple weeks ago.

01-28-23 02:12 PM
    Any idea if there were any functional improvements? I always get a lot of stuff that I have deleted show back up in the Hub later in the day or next morning.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

No update for the release version in the Play Store so far, but I've had no issues with it.

Even after my S20 FE updated to Android 13 a couple weeks ago.

Well, from what I've gathered so far...

Before when I open up hub and select multiple emails (gmail, local ISPs 'Shaw and Telus' IMAP) and delete all that I've highlighted, a small dialogue box appears at the bottom and says "These deleted emails will only be removed from the Inbox but will still remain on the server" I delete then done.

Now doing the same thing since the update and press delete, same small dialogue box show at the bottom now saying "DONE" and the obvious UNDO for a few seconds just in case.

I guess it's safe to assume it deletes all the way inside the server where as the previous version, In order for me to delete from the server, I'd have to go my webmail and delete from there as well from my desktop or laptop.

Everything still works like a well oiled machine. Smooth, exactly what I would at least expect from Hub+ Inbox

It's weird, as I've been searching rigorously for something somewhat close that I can access emails, WhatAapp, text messages, BBMe, Reddit or anything else that Inbox has access to... NONE. I'm back to the tried test and true ONE APP that does it all. Good Ol' HUB+ Inbox
    01-29-23 11:11 AM
    it's simply the best mobile email program out there.. I hope it doesn't go away. since my work phone is an iPhone, I'd love to see an iOS version.
    02-15-23 08:59 AM
    it's simply the best mobile email program out there.. I hope it doesn't go away. since my work phone is an iPhone, I'd love to see an iOS version.
    Yeah at one time the plan was to release a suite of apps for each platform... Android, iOS and Windows. But it's hard to spend that kind of development money when the company is shrinking and the CEO is limiting spending. In the end they offered the Device Apps to go along with Android. When phone sales continued to fall in 2015... they pulled back.

The trend back when BlackBerry planned all that was for MDM System to offer their own "EMAIL" Apps... but the trend started to change towards better support of the existing platform solutions. In the end BlackBerry seems to pretty much be giving up on their whole App approach, as Enterprise doesn't want Apps that they have to support.

BlackBerry as a company is still fading away... maybe if someone buys?
    02-15-23 09:15 AM
    We can hope someone buys it. To be honest, I would have thought it would have been sold off when they sold many of their patents.
    02-15-23 10:26 AM
    We can hope someone buys it. To be honest, I would have thought it would have been sold off when they sold many of their patents.
    They haven't sold the patents.... deal fell through, and no one else has made an offer. But that has helped to put a number of their value... beyond the billions that some once felt they were worth.
    02-15-23 11:19 AM
    They haven't sold the patents.... deal fell through, and no one else has made an offer. But that has helped to put a number of their value... beyond the billions that some once felt they were worth.
    What about the company that acquired BlackBerry patents for $450 million last year?
    02-16-23 02:53 AM
    What about the company that acquired BlackBerry patents for $450 million last year?
    They didn’t, see DDD’s post above, the deal fell through.
    02-16-23 03:44 AM
    They didn’t, see DDD’s post above, the deal fell through.
    Now last earnings call BlackBerry did say that the original party was still working on funding, and that if that eventually fell through there was another interested party as well (likly offering much less, or BlackBerry would move on).

But either way, BlackBerry still owns them for now...
    02-16-23 07:05 AM
    So are you saying that we can possibly expect an update soon? I really hope so bc the current version is acting up on my Samsung galaxy 20fe.

I tried to send thwm a nessage
    but they arent accepting messages for support. "Please fix the bug in this app that occurs whenever you try to reply to an email. While typing a reply, random extra lines are being inserted at the end of the reply causing all of the text to scroll upwards. You then cannot see what you're typing unless you swipe back up. Sometimes the curser wont be in the proper position and it starts a "fight" between trying to put the curser back into position and the entire email oing to the bottom again. Then when done with the reply, you have to delete all of the added blank lines before sending. Started doing this a few months ago, or more. Please. I love this app and it's like the final piece linking me to my beloved blackberry enterprise. ������"
    03-15-23 02:09 PM
    So are you saying that we can possibly expect an update soon? I really hope so bc the current version is acting up on my Samsung galaxy 20fe.

I tried to send thwm a nessage
    but they arent accepting messages for support. "Please fix the bug in this app that occurs whenever you try to reply to an email. While typing a reply, random extra lines are being inserted at the end of the reply causing all of the text to scroll upwards. You then cannot see what you're typing unless you swipe back up. Sometimes the curser wont be in the proper position and it starts a "fight" between trying to put the curser back into position and the entire email oing to the bottom again. Then when done with the reply, you have to delete all of the added blank lines before sending. Started doing this a few months ago, or more. Please. I love this app and it's like the final piece linking me to my beloved blackberry enterprise. ������"
    Others seem to be having issues with the recent update, so yeah I'd expect them to patch it... when they get a chance.

But I expect them to EOL it at some point as well... just can't see this being anything but a drain on BlackBerry's limited resources.
    03-15-23 02:44 PM
    It's still working great on my S20 FE. Both my personal MS 365 account and work MS 365 account (which is what Office 365 has been re-branded to).

But then, I'm still on the last public update from late last year (they only changed the version number, not the date, which is still on March 2022).

I don't get the betas. Are those the ones causing problems?

03-15-23 04:35 PM
    Yes, it's a beta, released 9/3 2023, i.e. 9 Mars !

Skickat från min Titan Slim via Tapatalk
    03-16-23 12:56 AM
    Yes, it's a beta, released 9/3 2023, i.e. 9 Mars !

Why anyone would be a Beta tester on a product that is no longer part of a company's revenue generating portfolio is beyond me. The care factor at BlackBerry must be less than zero LOL with correspondingly abysmal quality testing.

P. S. And no, 99c a month is NOT revenue, unless there were around, oh I dunno, 1 million subscribers or so
    03-16-23 06:29 AM
    Why anyone would be a Beta tester on a product that is no longer part of a company's revenue generating portfolio is beyond me. The care factor at BlackBerry must be less than zero LOL with correspondingly abysmal quality testing.

P. S. And no, 99c a month is NOT revenue, unless there were around, oh I dunno, 1 million subscribers or so
    Well, I don't think this betatesting is very serious any longer - you just get some more updates, among which some, now and then, has errors

03-16-23 06:34 AM
    Well, I don't think this betatesting is very serious any longer - you just get some more updates, among which some, now and then, has errors

The BlaackBerry intern position was converted to a paid employee role upon graduation. The role has been long forgotten about.

The forgotten employee breaks and fixes things on the beta version to justify paid existence but doesn't want to attract too much attention.

The subscription revenue is used to pay for BlackBerry employees strategy development training
    03-16-23 06:47 AM
    The BlaackBerry intern position was converted to a paid employee role upon graduation. The role has been long forgotten about.

The forgotten employee breaks and fixes things on the beta version to justify paid existence but doesn't want to attract too much attention.

The subscription revenue is used to pay for BlackBerry employees strategy development training
    Suits me fine, 1 USD a month, to let the Hub+ live a while longer .

03-16-23 07:45 AM
    Suits me fine, 1 USD a month, to let the Hub+ live a while longer .

I think a lot of us would love to pay $1 if BlackBerry were keeping the app current... but they aren't, which is a shame.

Sadly Chens got to cut operational spending by a LOT to get that declining portion of the company "balanced" ASAP! I really don't know how long BlackBerry can afford to be in the App business at all.... consumer or enterprise. Enterprise really doesn't need or want dedicated Apps at this point, in fact it's a negative if a MDM solution requires dedicated apps... And I suspect BlackBerry's MDM portion of their cybersecurity division, is where they are struggling the most in cybersecurity.
    mikael11 and ddp_in like this.
    03-16-23 09:24 AM
    I think a lot of us would love to pay $1 if BlackBerry were keeping the app current... but they aren't, which is a shame.

Sadly Chens got to cut operational spending by a LOT to get that declining portion of the company "balanced" ASAP! I really don't know how long BlackBerry can afford to be in the App business at all.... consumer or enterprise. Enterprise really doesn't need or want dedicated Apps at this point, in fact it's a negative if a MDM solution requires dedicated apps... And I suspect BlackBerry's MDM portion of their cybersecurity division, is where they are struggling the most in cybersecurity.
    FYI - The latest March 22, 2023 update to BB Hub+Inbox Android app seems to FIX all the recent BUGS that got introduced a few weeks ago. Whew!
    jope28 likes this.
    03-26-23 05:13 PM
    I know it would just be an educated guess, but if you had to guess, how long before it's EOL?

I need to start thinking of an alternative for when Hub+ is sent off into the sunset.

Any suggestions for alternatives for when the Inbox is no longer an option?

I've relied on the unified inbox for so long.

I forget that it's not just a basic part of every device and OS on the market lol.
    04-02-23 09:11 AM
194 123 ...