Hey gang.

I took the plunge on my first Android phone two days ago, and it has been a bit of a learning curve. I am running 7.1.1 on a ZTE Axon 7, and immediately deployed all things BB on it (I miss my Z30).

One thing I can't figure out is when I delete a text message, WhatsApp message, or any other non-email message, it doesn't actually get removed from that app, it just gets removed from the Hub. I have to then go into that respective app and remove the message again. I looked all over the Hub to see if I could figure out if I configured something wrong, and so far I can't seem to find how to make the Hub the true one stop shopping it used to be on the BB10.

Sorry if I overlooked something obvious, I did go through this particular sub-forum many months back and couldn't see anyone else reporting something similar.
    07-28-17 07:23 PM
    I have this issue as well on my work device running the Hub Suite. I don't think there is a fix. I've prowled around the settings quite a bit to no avail.
    07-28-17 08:17 PM
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with how to make the Hub work like it did in BB10.

if there there is no way to get it to fully manage the messages in the other apps, then I think its usefulness is greatly diminished.
    07-29-17 06:16 AM
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with how to make the Hub work like it did in BB10.

if there there is no way to get it to fully manage the messages in the other apps, then I think its usefulness is greatly diminished.
    The HUB may not be exactly the same but coinciding with some missing features are additions that improve on functionality.
    Example, it is easier and more appealing to swipe left to delete (works 100%) for emails 📧. In reverse if you swipe right you can reschedule that msg to re-notify you at a later time or place. This is super useful.

We all have to remember that the HUB is still new on Android and it will improve over time. I'm willing to give them some time.
    07-29-17 07:04 AM

It's actually a feature, or lack thereof, that has grown on me a bit. I may delete a conversation from the Hub & realize I need to access it a few days later. It's nice to have it 'archived' of sorts in the corresponding app to access if needed. I can then go thru & delete it in the app if I'm positive I no longer need it.
    07-29-17 08:08 AM
    The HUB may not be exactly the same but coinciding with some missing features are additions that improve on functionality.
    Example, it is easier and more appealing to swipe left to delete (works 100%) for emails . In reverse if you swipe right you can reschedule that msg to re-notify you at a later time or place. This is super useful.

We all have to remember that the HUB is still new on Android and it will improve over time. I'm willing to give them some time.
    The left and right swipe features were in the BB10 version from what I remember.

As to being patient, the Priv w/ the Hub was launched almost 2 years ago, so I don't think this is one of those "we are working towards it" features. It's likely the Hub can't access the other applications to remove the messages, otherwise they would have built that in by now.

I am not interested in having to go and delete the same message twice, once fro the Hub and once again from one of the various supported applications (WhatsApp, SMS Messages, Twitter, etc.). If I have to go into those apps to truly delete a message, then I might as well skip using the Hub altogether as Outlook has the left and right swipe features of email, and email seems to be the only thing it really manages.

I'm just hoping I'm missing something and there is a way to enable this functionality with non-email apps.
    07-29-17 10:10 AM
    Are you talking about deleting the notification / message thread in hub or actually going into app to delete the message?

Cause in BB10 if you delete the third party thread like BBM or Whatsapp inside Hub it will all get back once you get new notification. Besides SMS and email BB10hub is more like a superior notification center that still sends you into third party app environment for further communication. It's not the same as open app but it's pretty damn close
    07-29-17 10:27 AM
    The left and right swipe features were in the BB10 version from what I remember.

I am not interested in having to go and delete the same message twice, once fro the Hub and once again from one of the various supported applications (WhatsApp, SMS Messages, Twitter, etc.). If I have to go into those apps to truly delete a message, then I might as well skip using the Hub altogether as Outlook has the left and right swipe features of email, and email seems to be the only thing it really manages.
    Sorry but I think you forget, in BB10 you swiped screens not notifications. You had to select it and then choose an action.

I don't think in BB10 it deleted the conversation from the HUB either, you must be confusing the BB10 HUB view to the specific view in the app from the HUB, be it text, Whatsapp, iGrann or whatever.
    It may have seemed like it due to the tight and fluid integration BB10 provided.

There are benefits to both an change can be hard, I know after struggling for the last month & 1/2 trying to adjust to Android yet again. Honestly I don't remember having this struggle adjusting to BB10 but I do remember well both times to Android. I think that does say something for the quality of design of BB10
    07-29-17 12:06 PM
    Sorry but I think you forget, in BB10 you swiped screens not notifications. You had to select it and then choose an action.

I don't think in BB10 it deleted the conversation from the HUB either, you must be confusing the BB10 HUB view to the specific view in the app from the HUB, be it text, Whatsapp, iGrann or whatever.
    It may have seemed like it due to the tight and fluid integration BB10 provided.

There are benefits to both an change can be hard, I know after struggling for the last month & 1/2 trying to adjust to Android yet again. Honestly I don't remember having this struggle adjusting to BB10 but I do remember well both times to Android. I think that does say something for the quality of design of BB10
    You are right, I fired up my old Z30 and confirmed there were no swipe left or right actions. I have been using Outlook on Win10 Mobile too long it seems.

I don't think "change" has anything to do with my concern. I don't want to have to go and delete text messages in two places, and I didn't have to do that on BB10 with the apps I used (I didn't use WhatsApp back then because I had BBM). I find it pointless to use the Hub if I still have to go into every other app to truly manage the messages from the other apps. If it was one or two app integration issues that would be one thing, but I certainly remember I never had to leave the hub for Voicemail, text, BBM, or email messages.

If nothing else you all confirm what I feared, there is only true email management in the Hub, and while it's nice to use it for nostalgia, I'm probably better off dumping it since I don't want to have to delete non-email messages twice.

Thanks for the confirmation.
    07-29-17 07:29 PM
    You are right, I fired up my old Z30 and confirmed there were no swipe left or right actions. I have been using Outlook on Win10 Mobile too long it seems.

I don't think "change" has anything to do with my concern. I don't want to have to go and delete text messages in two places, and I didn't have to do that on BB10 with the apps I used (I didn't use WhatsApp back then because I had BBM). I find it pointless to use the Hub if I still have to go into every other app to truly manage the messages from the other apps. If it was one or two app integration issues that would be one thing, but I certainly remember I never had to leave the hub for Voicemail, text, BBM, or email messages.

If nothing else you all confirm what I feared, there is only true email management in the Hub, and while it's nice to use it for nostalgia, I'm probably better off dumping it since I don't want to have to delete non-email messages twice.

Thanks for the confirmation.
    You could use messaging apps that automatically delete messages for you following a set schedule. Example would be Signal. Not sure which others do that but signal can handle your text messages also
    07-29-17 07:34 PM
    Ultimately it boils down to what's the most practical use for you. For me, I rarely open the apps that integrate with the Hub. So long as the message is deleted from the Hub, whether or not it's still present in the corresponding app is a non-issue. It's there as a fell-safe if I need to retrieve it, but essentially it's out of sight, out of mind.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-29-17 11:56 PM
    crackberry app have no integrate with Hub.
    08-03-17 09:48 PM
    crackberry app have no integrate with Hub.
    I get email notifications
    08-03-17 10:10 PM
    I get email notifications
    Only email notifications.
    I hope more than that. Fully integrated with all apps.

08-03-17 10:15 PM
    Only email notifications.
    I hope more than that. Fully integrated with all apps.

True but with email you get a more detailed view of the quote and reply without opening the app
    I can then go directly from the app.
    And they say email is so yesteryear. Not!
    08-03-17 10:28 PM
    True but with email you get a more detailed view of the quote and reply without opening the app
    I can then go directly from the app
    08-03-17 10:30 PM