I have a Note 10 plus and lately from time to time the top of the phone starts overheating and the battery drains completely in about 5 hours. Once the BlackBerry app crashes I get this message ( see attached picture). Does anyone have a fix? Anyone experienced something similar? I pay for the app monthly.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Hub draining app-screenshot_20200310-234513_device-care.jpg  
    03-26-20 03:08 AM
    Device Care is shutting down the app because it's using too many resources. You may wish to uninstall / reinstall the BlackBerry Hub and see if it improves, or you can disable device care from killing off apps, though, that's probably not the best idea since it really is chewing up resources and will continue to do so.
    03-26-20 10:03 AM
    I will do that see if it helps. but my dad is getting the same on his key one. can he uninstall since items a preinstalled app?
    03-26-20 05:26 PM
    same issue on my key2. weird
    03-26-20 05:26 PM
    I will do that see if it helps. but my dad is getting the same on his key one. can he uninstall since items a preinstalled app?
    Kinda, find it on the Play Store and you'll see an uninstall button. This will only revert it back to factory version though.
    03-26-20 09:22 PM
    blackberry has been ridiculously unhelpful with that issue
    03-26-20 09:33 PM
    blackberry has been ridiculously unhelpful with that issue
    Why? Its the "Device Care" app that is doing what its doing. Start there. Though wondering how many social media accounts are running through the hub. Some of those apps are or can potentially be constantly sending data back and forth and or polling depending on how they are configured (if user configureable/controllable at all). Might want to try to tame them (ie kill if necessary). Android (not unlike the desktop nowadays) can be a zoo of data thrashing depending on what's installed.

Though it looks like you are running real-time video, and have wifi, bluetooth and cellular radios all on (is that correct). Presuming you are broadcasting something to a Bluetooth accessory....all of these can be power drainers if constantly active (and depending on audio volume and brightness used...5 hours might sound like a normal drain (for an Android device) if you are using all these all the time. IMHO.

Is this a Secured managed Device by some BlackBerry Desktop or similiar security suite application I'm guesing secured access to remote corp data might be a bit of a battery consumer as well....necessary for security preservation purposes would be just another wild guess....ie is that even a normal hub message?

12% doesn't seem like exceedingly high cpu usage if the application is actually doing something (its not 100% or anything like that).

(Otherwise I really don't know...those are just guesses).
    03-28-20 12:11 AM
    I love how deep people get on this forum. I thought it was was a blackberry problem since the same issue happens to me my dad and a friend of mine all on different devices. the only thing we have in common is the BlackBerry apps. my dad has a key one my buddy kas the key 2 and I have a note 10 plus. I don't mean 5 hours of use. I mean I pick up the phone at 8 am and by 1 pm it's super hot and needs a charge with very minimal use. my dad only uses his key one for calls and emails and he has to charge his sometimes after 7 h. Again not seven hours of screen on time. I will look into it deeper thank you for the response.
    03-28-20 12:25 AM