Hey all.

I'm at my wit's end. I've tried everything I could think of including a factory reset.

I'm having an issue with BBM and the Hub. When I open a BBM convo within the Hub it opens the chat in BBM instead of within the Hub. Can anyone shine some light on what's going on?

Hub version: 1.5.3.13082
    BBM version: 3.3.6.51

Thanks in advance for any help.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-13-17 08:17 PM
    That's what it's supposed to do.
    07-13-17 08:25 PM
    It never used to open the actual BBM app. The conversation would open within Hub.
    07-13-17 08:40 PM
    I think this is from the latest update. Bad...
    07-13-17 11:01 PM
    Hey all.

I'm at my wit's end. I've tried everything I could think of including a factory reset.

I'm having an issue with BBM and the Hub. When I open a BBM convo within the Hub it opens the chat in BBM instead of within the Hub. Can anyone shine some light on what's going on?

Hub version: 1.5.3.13082
    BBM version: 3.3.6.51

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Boring eh? Only works with emails tho.

I've removed mine after trying it out. One of the useless app BlackBerry ever created. Duh.
    07-14-17 07:25 AM
    Boring eh? Only works with emails tho.

I've removed mine after trying it out. One of the useless app BlackBerry ever created. Duh.
    Actually I find it's the best email client on Android.
    jdesignz likes this.
    07-14-17 07:33 AM
    The persistant BBM is an issue. I've sent several reports to Emtek, and would love it if everyone did, so they fix it.
    07-14-17 07:57 AM
    The persistant BBM is an issue. I've sent several reports to Emtek, and would love it if everyone did, so they fix it.
    So it happens to you too? When you open a BBM chat in Hub, it opens the BBM app too? If so, glad I'm not alone.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-14-17 09:00 AM
    So it happens to you too? When you open a BBM chat in Hub, it opens the BBM app too? If so, glad I'm not alone.
    It wouldn't be so much a problem, if when you access BBM from recents it was usable, but it isn't.
    07-14-17 09:09 AM
    confirming the same. very annoying.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-15-17 01:25 AM
    Sent yet another report detailing the problem...
    07-15-17 06:57 AM
    Honestly do not see this as a deal breaker. No hangups, no lag, smooth. All ok from my end.
    07-15-17 07:02 AM
    There's no lag. It's not a bad app. I never said anything negative about it. It's just annoying that every time one or both of these apps are updated they break the integration. I've sent numerous reports but they never respond.

Being ignored like this makes me wanna dump BlackBerry all together. I've contacted them on Twitter about when the KEYone is coming to Canada unlocked and they've ignored me every time. It's the middle of July. They said they'd have answers for us but they're just being BlackBerry as usual. They make it so hard for us fans to remain fans and defend them from the world of haters who rag on me daily about "still using a BlackBerry".
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-15-17 10:41 AM
    There's no lag. It's not a bad app. I never said anything negative about it. It's just annoying that every time one or both of these apps are updated they break the integration. I've sent numerous reports but they never respond.

Being ignored like this makes me wanna dump BlackBerry all together. I've contacted them on Twitter about when the KEYone is coming to Canada unlocked and they've ignored me every time. It's the middle of July. They said they'd have answers for us but they're just being BlackBerry as usual. They make it so hard for us fans to remain fans and defend them from the world of haters who rag on me daily about "still using a BlackBerry".
    They've made two public statements regarding this. The last one was "late summer".
    07-15-17 11:00 AM
    It's a separate company, though I understand the sentiments of what I didn't quote. G-d willing one of us will receive a message soon.
    07-15-17 11:32 AM
    They've made two public statements regarding this. The last one was "late summer".
    I'm aware but that isn't much of a statement. I'm in need of a new device. My current one is acting wonky and the battery isn't lasting as long as it used to. I did a factory reset to no avail so I'm assuming it's just the battery ageing.

That being said, I'm getting sick of waiting and if I don't hear from them soon, I'll have no choice but to buy from another brand. There's only so much one person can stand and only so long one can be patient. It's like BlackBerry wants to fail. They do everything they can to leave their customers and potential customers in limbo and in the dark. It's getting tiresome and frankly pretty pathetic for a company tanking so hard.
    07-15-17 11:43 AM
    That's what it's supposed to do.
    No its not supposed to do that. 3rd party SMS apps don't even do that. It was integrated within the hub for a long time till a recent BBM update.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-15-17 12:00 PM
    I'm aware but that isn't much of a statement. I'm in need of a new device. My current one is acting wonky and the battery isn't lasting as long as it used to. I did a factory reset to no avail so I'm assuming it's just the battery ageing.

That being said, I'm getting sick of waiting and if I don't hear from them soon, I'll have no choice but to buy from another brand. There's only so much one person can stand and only so long one can be patient. It's like BlackBerry wants to fail. They do everything they can to leave their customers and potential customers in limbo and in the dark. It's getting tiresome and frankly pretty pathetic for a company tanking so hard.
    You mean TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) wants to fail?

They are filling channels as fast as they can manufacture them. Since the device is already available through Canadian carriers, they have pushed off the unlocked variant so they can bring the device to other markets.

You can always do what I did, and obtain it from Amazon.com. There are ways.
    07-15-17 12:00 PM
    You mean TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) wants to fail?

They are filling channels as fast as they can manufacture them. Since the device is already available through Canadian carriers, they have pushed off the unlocked variant so they can bring the device to other markets.

You can always do what I did, and obtain it from Amazon.com. There are ways.
    I'd love to order it unlocked from Amazon but they don't have it on the Canadian site. If I order from the US one I'll have to pay too much for delivery plus the cost of customs. By the end I'll have spent enough to buy a gaming PC. Correct me if I'm wrong but I honestly can't find it on the Canadian Amazon site.
    07-15-17 09:36 PM
    I'd love to order it unlocked from Amazon but they don't have it on the Canadian site. If I order from the US one I'll have to pay too much for delivery plus the cost of customs. By the end I'll have spent enough to buy a gaming PC. Correct me if I'm wrong but I honestly can't find it on the Canadian Amazon site.
    Only Amazon.com. Unlocked not available in Canada yet. There are still ways, but it's out of stock there too at the moment.
    07-15-17 10:31 PM
    Only Amazon.com. Unlocked not available in Canada yet. There are still ways, but it's out of stock there too at the moment.
    So not really ways haha.
    07-16-17 02:26 AM
    A little update. I got through to BBM support and got a response. They're looking into this problem and will contact me as things get updated.
    BigBadWulf and ray689 like this.
    07-24-17 11:45 PM
    A little update. I got through to BBM support and got a response. They're looking into this problem and will contact me as things get updated.
    Any update on this?
    08-03-17 10:11 PM
    Any update on this?
    Nope. Gotten a few updates to BBM, Hub, and Hub Services but nothing has fixed it yet and I haven't heard from them again. To be honest, I'm not even surprised.
    08-03-17 10:20 PM
    Nope. Gotten a few updates to BBM, Hub, and Hub Services but nothing has fixed it yet and I haven't heard from them again. To be honest, I'm not even surprised.
    Yes not too surprising.
    08-03-17 10:21 PM
31 12