This sucks, well specifically the Launcher and PW Keeper. I just switched to Sony Xperia couple of weeks ago and love the BB Launcher for it, should have been part of the Hub+ Subscription.

I'm still using BBMe but only with my family members, siblings and parents and significant others.

Strange since this is part of the Hub+ Subscription that they are getting rid of it. Unless if there's a free version.Attachment 451618
    01-18-22 08:02 AM
    What about Password Keeper
    02-11-22 10:20 PM
    What about it?
    02-11-22 10:37 PM
    It's EOL in August like most all other non HUB+ apps that BlackBerry created for the hardware...
    02-15-22 01:22 PM
    This sucks, well specifically the Launcher and PW Keeper. I just switched to Sony Xperia couple of weeks ago and love the BB Launcher for it, should have been part of the Hub+ Subscription.

I'm still using BBMe but only with my family members, siblings and parents and significant others.

Strange since this is part of the Hub+ Subscription that they are getting rid of it. Unless if there's a free version.Attachment 451618

Hello guys I am using Blackberry hub email on Samsung s22 ultra and it works perfectly....do you think that in August 2022 also Blackberry hub email will be shut down / will lose its support? Thank you.
    02-17-22 04:13 AM
    Hello guys I am using Blackberry hub email on Samsung s22 ultra and it works perfectly....do you think that in August 2022 also Blackberry hub email will be shut down / will lose its support? Thank you.
    I think some in here will argue that real support ended years ago.

Given the earlier deadline of March2022 for EOL for less than AndroidOS9 for the other list, I think we'll know a lot more between March and August, for what situation might exist after August.

I think it will also be interesting to see if over the next few weeks/months Hub/Inbox gets added to the Aug2022 EOL list, given that it is not yet on the list.
    02-17-22 06:48 AM
    Given it's not on the list.. I expect it to continue on.

And hopefully it was included in the IP sale, and the new owners will be willing to invest something into actually updating it.
    02-17-22 07:02 AM
    Given it's not on the list.. I expect it to continue on.

And hopefully it was included in the IP sale, and the new owners will be willing to invest something into actually updating it.
    That’s how they plan on generating a positive return on $600 million LMAO
    02-17-22 08:38 AM
    That’s how they plan on generating a positive return on $600 million LMAO
    Yeah I have no clue how they will do that.... if I were BlackBerry, I wouldn't count on getting that other $150 Million.
    02-17-22 09:21 AM
    Wow. You got your S22 Ultra before the rest of the world.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-17-22 12:36 PM
    Wow. You got your S22 Ultra before the rest of the world.
    Eh, one could likely find it 6 months after launch for like 60% of the original sale price.
    02-17-22 07:52 PM
    Eh, one could likely find it 6 months after launch for like 60% of the original sale price.
    Not necessarily in the preferred storage size and colour.
    02-18-22 07:03 PM
    Not necessarily in the preferred storage size and colour.
    Lol "color"...in the age of smartphones needing cases to not shatter at the first drop.
    02-19-22 08:25 PM
    Lol "color"...in the age of smartphones needing cases to not shatter at the first drop.
    There are clear cases, even those made by Otterbox, that provide protection whilst allowing one to see the colour of the phone. I've had clear cases for my last three phones.
    02-19-22 11:49 PM
    What are your thoughts, will you still use on BlackBerry Android devices the "unsupported" Hub+ apps or turn to Gmail, Outlook, etc.?
    03-01-22 09:09 PM
    What are your thoughts, will you still use on BlackBerry Android devices the "unsupported" Hub+ apps or turn to Gmail, Outlook, etc.?
    I am using all of them!
    03-01-22 09:12 PM
    When is the EoL date?
    03-06-22 09:40 PM
    When is the EoL date?
    As per first post, Aug 2022.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-22 09:43 PM
    That’s exactly five years after I bought my KeyONE, so I have to admit I’m fully satisfied with that level of support.
    06-14-22 09:16 AM
    The sale hasn't concluded yet - it's for both patents and the underlying licensing business. We don't know who the actual buyer is and will find out when the sale is final - it was suppose to be last quarter but ran over.

Sorry no - nothing public on that.
    Really?.... But why?
    06-14-22 11:14 AM
    Really?.... But why?
    That's an old post... we didn't know what was going on back then, because it was secret.

Since then BlackBerry has announced who it was and what the deal was going to entail.... and now they have hinted that it's falling apart. Time changes things...

We don't know if the apps were part of it or not... but either way I don't see BlackBerry who is still on a hunt for cost cutting is going to invest in keeping these apps alive.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-22 07:04 AM
    Is there anything further to this? I attempted to go with a different Launcher and try some other apps, but I have to say I absolutely hate that iOS requires an Apple repository for contacts and such as does Android now. I managed to get the Blackberry apps to work, although I'm concerned with a past-due EOL.
    10-31-22 08:09 AM
    ...I have to say I absolutely hate that iOS requires an Apple repository for contacts and such as does Android now...
    In iOS and Android, there is no need to have to use an online Apple/Google repository service for contacts. Other online services can also be used for contacts sync. Did you mean you don't like having to use an iOS/Android contacts app? If so, there should be many alternate contacts apps to choose from in the respective app stores.
    10-31-22 08:19 AM
    Is there anything further to this? I attempted to go with a different Launcher and try some other apps, but I have to say I absolutely hate that iOS requires an Apple repository for contacts and such as does Android now. I managed to get the Blackberry apps to work, although I'm concerned with a past-due EOL.
    Is what it is...

My guess is the basic app that aren't officially EOL like email, contact... are closely enough related to their enterprise apps to stay out of EOL status. Most can't use them now, due to lack of updated security standards that most business require. I don't see that improving. But likly some will be using them for years to come... maybe on device not running Android 13, 14, 15....
    tazcubed likes this.
    10-31-22 08:25 AM
    Yes, I'm trying to find a suite of comparable apps - particularly Contacts, Phone, Calendar and email. I've yet to find something that is as well integrated as the BB suite.
    10-31-22 11:34 AM
87 1234