This is a minor annoyance I guess you could say that I haven't had time to address. Every since I had my first android BlackBerry device, (PRIV), and I transferred all my BB10 contacts over to android, all of my contacts' numbers have shown as "home" by default, even though it was "mobile" on my BB10 device. Really not a big deal, but it does get confusing when I actually do have one mobile number and one home number for the same contact. If it is a contact I don't contact often, then I'll sometimes have no idea which is their home line and which is their mobile, resulting in me sending a text message to a landline, for example.

Is anyone aware of an easy fix for this? I really can't be bothered to go through each of my contacts one by one to re organize numbers.
    04-01-17 02:09 PM
    This is a minor annoyance I guess you could say that I haven't had time to address. Every since I had my first android BlackBerry device, (PRIV), and I transferred all my BB10 contacts over to android, all of my contacts' numbers have shown as "home" by default, even though it was "mobile" on my BB10 device. Really not a big deal, but it does get confusing when I actually do have one mobile number and one home number for the same contact. If it is a contact I don't contact often, then I'll sometimes have no idea which is their home line and which is their mobile, resulting in me sending a text message to a landline, for example.

Is anyone aware of an easy fix for this? I really can't be bothered to go through each of my contacts one by one to re organize numbers.
    i can feel you, yeah this is something Android needs to fix as well though as seems other Contacts apps on Android also do the same. not too sure about the backward compatibility but for now, we got no choice rather than to select and check the numbers OR simply export your BB10 contacts to Gmail and have it edited on your Google Contacts before importing it to your Android BB. that will solve your problem (if not all) most of the time.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    04-01-17 05:29 PM
    i can feel you, yeah this is something Android needs to fix as well though as seems other Contacts apps on Android also do the same. not too sure about the backward compatibility but for now, we got no choice rather than to select and check the numbers OR simply export your BB10 contacts to Gmail and have it edited on your Google Contacts before importing it to your Android BB. that will solve your problem (if not all) most of the time.
    Ya unfortunately I no longer have a BB10 device that contain my old contacts list. I've also obviously added many new contacts since the last time I used a BB10 device. My contacts list is an absolute mess on my phone. My contacts app draws from my google account as well as 3 other email accounts, and I always get duplicate contacts. Very annoying. I rarely ever actually open the contacts application though, but when I do, my OCD kicks in big time haha. Any new contact I add I make sure I select the primary google account I use with my device, this way if I ever switch devices in the future I will have them synced up to that google account. However, my main personal email address in a hotmail account, (I know, I'm a dinosaur), but hey, it works and I've used it for years.
    04-01-17 05:35 PM
    I have been using Contacts on my Priv without a problem for a while but suddenly ALL the telephone numbers in each contact have defaulted to "mobile" and even editing them individually to "home", "work" etc does not change them back and when I re-save they once again all default to "mobile"

What can I do please?
    10-01-17 12:30 PM