Hi,

I'm using the BlackBerry Calendar v. 1.4.1.11998 on a DTEK50. Since the latest update from 18. November each and every birthday of a Google contact of mine appears twice in my calendar: One on the real birthday's day. The other one day before.

Is anyone else observing the same? How to get rid of the early reminders?

Regards.
    11-27-16 10:59 PM
    Have you checked to see how many accounts you have?
    11-29-16 03:13 PM
    I have some: One account resulting from BlackBerry Content Transfer when I moved from my former Z10 to the DTEK50. The other account is my Gmail calendar. The latter consists of a birthday calendar (based on my Google contacts), an event calendar as well as a shared (work) and a subscribed (public holidays) calendar.

As the birthday reminders are vanishing as soon as I hide the Google event calendar, they are obviously linked to that calendar. But I can't delete them manually (which contradicts that these are 'real' events to my understanding)...

I clearly want to see the birthdays (on the day of the anniversary). But those pseudo-birthdays just a day before the real occurrence are confusing me. I just don't want to see them.

Any idea someone?
    11-29-16 04:18 PM
    Hi,

I'm using the BlackBerry Calendar v. 1.4.1.11998 on a DTEK50. Since the latest update from 18. November each and every birthday of a Google contact of mine appears twice in my calendar: One on the real birthday's day. The other one day before.

Is anyone else observing the same? How to get rid of the early reminders?

Regards.
    Everyone is looking for more presents from you and more cake and ice cream.
    11-30-16 01:09 PM
    I'm using a Priv with Calendar 1.4.1.12043, with the same birthdays-twice issue. They are coded in different colours (one of which does not relate to a calendar I am conscious of having). Between April and October, the duplicate birthday is on the day before - I'm guessing it's the ones during daylight-savings. Oddly, one of my contact's birthday appears only once, while another appears four times. Many of my contacts birthdays seem to be missing from their contact-details (even though they appear in the calendar. The Google events calendar has no events beyond March - unless there is no Easter or Christmas this year. Possibly Google are aware of an impending Armageddon.

I have found the BlackBerry apps really good - but losing data (if any is actually lost), and showing events on the wrong date (or not at all) makes a calendar pretty useless.

Did you get anywhere with this issue on your device?

Cheers,
    Graham.
    02-01-17 02:43 PM
    [...]
    I clearly want to see the birthdays (on the day of the anniversary). But those pseudo-birthdays just a day before the real occurrence are confusing me. I just don't want to see them.

Any idea someone?
    @moschus did you ever get to the bottom of this???

Edit : Google Birthday calendar is turned off...
    02-13-17 03:20 PM
    No. I'm still lining with this annoying situation :-(

Did not receive any hint how to overcome this issue - and also didn't find a solution on my own so far.
    02-13-17 04:25 PM
    I think I'm getting to the bottom of this. For some reason for certain account the birthdays are linked to both "birthdays" and "events" . I'm not sure why but this is what happens with my Hotmail account.
    02-13-17 04:52 PM
    It's a hotmail issue. I had it when I used my Windows phone and it carried over when I switched back to my BlackBerry. I'm not sure how it works on Android, but when adding your hotmail account, don't transfer calendars.
    02-13-17 04:54 PM
    Thank you for sharing your observations with me... Anyhow - I didn't ever had a Hotmail account. And as a matter of fact all my contacts are saved with my Google account.

When I was on BB10 with Z10, the majority of my contacts has been stored locally. But after my transition to DTEK50 I moved them all to Google.

And - the pre-announcements of the birthdays hadn't been there right from the start but appeared after few weeks of using the DTEK50... To my imagination after an update of the calendar app.
    02-13-17 11:20 PM