I set it up yesterday. But, to be fair, the phone was powered down overnight, and was only actively connected for an hour or two. Perhaps I'll give it the day, and experiment again tomorrow (it's a back-up phone, not my daily driver).

Separate question: LinkedIn and WhatsApp are both displayed in the hub, but neither of them is showing any of the messages currently in those apps when I click on them. Is there something I need to do to "turn them on"?
    They come in as notifications start to flow into the notification tray.
    08-04-16 07:22 PM
    Where do I subscribe? Also I don't see any upcoming apps...
    Subscription and added apps available in early September.
    08-04-16 07:24 PM
    So now that I have to resort to using my regular contacts app rather than Cobalt's modified BlackBerry Contact app, I have no access to my synced contacts from my Outlook account. Anyone know a remedy?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-04-16 08:11 PM
    - They probably have a profitability of -say- 75%+ on each license (say that's recurring $10/year/user).
    - You know the goodness of these apps, how they can be attractive and the potential market (in Billions users ...).
    - Money gained here will bring to he whole company, HW division included. That's money to invest.

It's a natural move, right in the "Software Company" strategy.
    You should rejoice, IMHO
    I would rejoice if I saw ANY sign of ANY money being spent/invested in BB10.
    08-04-16 08:22 PM
    I believe the only time he'll rejoice is if a new BB10 device comes out. He despises anything that's Android related.

*A3-A20
    Well thanks, you know me so well.
    08-04-16 08:23 PM
    Folder sync settings seem to be screwy in Hub..

08-04-16 08:26 PM
    That foot has already been pretty much amputated.
    I guess that leaves them about a FOOT short of meeting my needs.
    ubizmo likes this.
    08-04-16 08:26 PM
    Folder sync settings seem to be screwy in Hub..

What specifically?
    08-04-16 10:04 PM
    Hey C_Bryant34. Will the awesome BlackBerry keyboard be coming in September?

Posted via CB10
    david7saad likes this.
    08-04-16 10:41 PM
    What specifically?
    It seems to be grayed out on my Nextbit Robin? I don't know if that affects contacts syncing or not but the contacts that I have linked to my Outlook email aren't showing up in my stock contacts app when linking the BlackBerry Hub+ account.

Attached Thumbnails BIG NEWS: BlackBerry now officially supports Hub, Calendar and other apps on any Android device-54610.jpg  
    08-04-16 11:30 PM
    No keyboard, no hub+ for me!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 12:44 AM
    I would rejoice if I saw ANY sign of ANY money being spent/invested in BB10.
    Listen, I do like and somehow miss BB10.
    But, what they are trying to achieve now is to MERGE BB10 and Android.
    In short, they want to make Android as close as possible to BB10 both for user experience and security.

We have material signs of that when we see the new HUB update - integrating the pinch gesture maybe the most missed feature of HUB under Android (for me) - and I won't be surprised we see other refinements pop until they integrate their "magic sauce" into Android N, rumored/known to offer much, much more customizations/tuning options.

Chen has been clear about for years now: the day they can make Android as secure (here's the heaviest task if you ask me) as BBOS/BB10 then they will merge both OS in a single user experience/OS. There's no questions, there are no options. Only timing remains unknown, as securing Android is ... you know.

But expecting anything else than maintenance for BB10, as much as it is a bitter feeling for me, is a tad irrational IMHO.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-05-16 at 02:47 AM.
    08-05-16 02:21 AM
    Chen is pretty imprecise in his language - merge based on actual activity means 'make apps' and the low-level security sham he's got running. So it's false hope to suggest to BB10 users that they will eventually get a version of android that heavily features BB10 baked into the OS - as BBRY lies on the floor at the feet of King Google it's just not happening. Yes yes i know microsoft/cynaogen... Well that is on the skids as we speak so don't look there for a saviour.

Get back to the hub - it's a nice concept and should be pretty good in a few versions. It's currently a little clunky when it comes to Gmail.

Will be interesting to see revenue it generates as they continue to move to being more openly just a mainstream android OEM with a bit of security marketing as their angle.
    Last edited by cgk; 08-05-16 at 05:37 AM.
    acovey likes this.
    08-05-16 04:00 AM
    It seems to be grayed out on my Nextbit Robin? I don't know if that affects contacts syncing or not but the contacts that I have linked to my Outlook email aren't showing up in my stock contacts app when linking the BlackBerry Hub+ account.

Go into settings - accounts - hub+ account - tap your account. Is contacts toggle turned on there?
    08-05-16 05:32 AM
    Go into settings - accounts - hub+ account - tap your account. Is contacts toggle turned on there?
    Hey Cody,

You know when it will come out for iOS? Let me know
    08-05-16 06:08 AM
    Yes. I even attempted to delete and re-add the email account to no avail.

08-05-16 06:17 AM
    Listen, I do like and somehow miss BB10.
    But, what they are trying to achieve now is to MERGE BB10 and Android.
    In short, they want to make Android as close as possible to BB10 both for user experience and security.

We have material signs of that when we see the new HUB update - integrating the pinch gesture maybe the most missed feature of HUB under Android (for me) - and I won't be surprised we see other refinements pop until they integrate their "magic sauce" into Android N, rumored/known to offer much, much more customizations/tuning options.

Chen has been clear about for years now: the day they can make Android as secure (here's the heaviest task if you ask me) as BBOS/BB10 then they will merge both OS in a single user experience/OS. There's no questions, there are no options. Only timing remains unknown, as securing Android is ... you know.

But expecting anything else than maintenance for BB10, as much as it is a bitter feeling for me, is a tad irrational IMHO.
    The problem I see... is how many smartphone users know what BB10 is to begin with? How many unique users are there out there that ever used BB10? Then how many of those aren't using a locked down corporate phone?

I don't think the focus should be making these apps as close to possible to BB10, but to make them where they will appeal to a much broader market. Like including full SMS/MMS support so user doesn't have to bother with an SMS app.... and add some BBM/iMessage type features.

And the big issue for non-tech people... how do they install this, and don't get duplicate notification from the existing apps that handle these functions. Needs to be an App that disables all existing communications apps, calendars and contact apps.
    08-05-16 07:50 AM
    Yes. I even attempted to delete and re-add the email account to no avail.

If the contacts toggle is turned ON there, go in and turn it OFF. That should stop the sync.
    08-05-16 09:01 AM
    Also if people don't know, the productivity tab functions like the peek gesture on BlackBerry 10 in that you can "glance" at this information no matter where you are, and you don't leave whatever it was you were doing unless you wanted to read the task in full.

The tab actually is more powerful than peek on BlackBerry 10 because you can "peek" (it's actually more of a glance) at your email, calendar, tasks, and recent contacts not just your notifications.

BlackBerry has definitely done some amazing things on android that are better than bb10.

If only the productivity tab allowed us to view or peek at all messages in the hub. Allowing us to only view unread emails makes it unproductive for myself as I generally have unread messages from email, texts, bbm etc
    08-05-16 09:28 AM
    If only the productivity tab allowed us to view or peek at all messages in the hub. Allowing us to only view unread emails makes it unproductive for myself as I generally have unread messages from email, texts, bbm etc
    Agreed. That would be a welcome update.
    08-05-16 09:33 AM
    Agreed. That would be a welcome update.
    What is the difference between Productivity Tab and the Notifications that you would swipe down from the top? (Genuinely curious what the difference is)
    08-05-16 09:39 AM
    What is the difference between Productivity Tab and the Notifications that you would swipe down from the top? (Genuinely curious what the difference is)
    You have to use it to really understand. It's a convenient flyout tab that you can position anywhere you want, that allows you a peek view of hub content, calendar, tasks, and favourite contacts. With another tap, it can bring you to any of those, or simply slide back to close it.
    08-05-16 09:49 AM
    You have to use it to really understand. It's a convenient flyout tab that you can position anywhere you want, that allows you a peek view of hub content, calendar, tasks, and favourite contacts. With another tap, it can bring you to any of those, or simply slide back to close it.
    Thanks, and when you say Hub content per the post above it's only email content within the hub?
    08-05-16 09:52 AM
    If the contacts toggle is turned ON there, go in and turn it OFF. That should stop the sync.
    Contacts synced with Outlook still won't show in my Contacts app. It worked perfectly using BlackBerry Contacts...guess I'll have to wait until the end of the month to use it again.

08-05-16 10:03 AM
    Thanks, and when you say Hub content per the post above it's only email content within the hub?
    At this moment, yes.
    08-05-16 10:08 AM
450 ... 56789 ...