I am very sad about this since it has no support for my device which is still running Android 5.0 . BlackBerry would have supported 5.0 knowing that only about 30% of android devices are using Android 6.0
    They said support for 5.0 is coming.
    08-04-16 09:39 AM
    They said support for 5.0 is coming.
    Until it comes
    08-04-16 09:49 AM
    I think it was a very smart move by Blackberry and I would imagine the keyboard and contacts apps would soon follow, but who knows for sure. I think 12.00 a year is more then fair. I will be one of the folks who will buy the subscription.
    08-04-16 10:02 AM
    Attachment 405498

Not working.
    Huawei P9.
    I got the same. Hit the install button..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-04-16 10:09 AM
    You only get Error 505 if you have old Blackberry Cobalt apps and mixed it with the new one that Blackberry provide in the Playstore.
    Uninstall all the apps and restart your phone.
    After that you have 2 choices
    1) you go to the Playstore and install only the official apps.
    2) you download the new Blackberry Manager from Cobalt, and install only them

I did the second option and Hub+ works fine on my Samsung Edge S7
    Thank you, got it to work now
    08-04-16 10:13 AM
    I think it was a very smart move by Blackberry and I would imagine the keyboard and contacts apps would soon follow, but who knows for sure. I think 12.00 a year is more then fair. I will be one of the folks who will buy the subscription.
    Contacts is listed as one of the "coming" features... Keyboard isn't listed... have to just hope there isn't an licensing issue with SwiftKey.

I think it was very smart to do the free for 30 days, then free with ads or a subscription for $.99 a month. Options is good, even for those that might think that $12 is a lot...
    kirson likes this.
    08-04-16 10:14 AM
    I use it on my GS6 since yesterday, I love it!
    The Hub was the piece I missed the most since I switched from my Z30, it's good to see that we can have nearly the same experience on Android (without the gestures).

But I still miss a big thing which is the count of unread messages, or at least the famous BlackBerry star on the icon.
    If you don't look at your Android notifications, you cannot see how many new messages you received.
    Does anyone know if BlackBerry will add this little but important feature?

I also searched for a hub+ widget, but there is none
    08-04-16 10:32 AM
    I got the same. Hit the install button..

Try again shortly. Uncovered an issue in the posting.
    08-04-16 11:10 AM
    I use it on my GS6 since yesterday, I love it!
    The Hub was the piece I missed the most since I switched from my Z30, it's good to see that we can have nearly the same experience on Android (without the gestures).

But I still miss a big thing which is the count of unread messages, or at least the famous BlackBerry star on the icon.
    If you don't look at your Android notifications, you cannot see how many new messages you received.
    Does anyone know if BlackBerry will add this little but important feature?

I also searched for a hub+ widget, but there is none
    Hub widget coming soon.

The launcher will be made available in early September and will provide the BlackBerry spark indicator that you are looking for.
    Superfly_FR, snew, tryfe and 3 others like this.
    08-04-16 11:12 AM
    I installed the Hub + on a new SGS7 Edge. The experience is interesting. I noticed that when filing/moving messages from the Hub, they do not get filed/moved in my Exchange based Outlook on my desktop. However, when I file/move messages on my desktop, they are immediately filed/moved in the Hub. Do others have this issue as well? Is there a setting I need to adjust?
    08-04-16 11:13 AM
    It might take a few minutes to perform that sync if another was just performed. If they don't move at all let me know.
    08-04-16 11:29 AM
    It might take a few minutes to perform that sync if another was just performed. If they don't move at all let me know.
    I have all the folders set to sync. I waited for a while (10 minutes or so), but nothing moved. To test this out, I filed a message on my desktop, and within 5 seconds I saw it moved in the Hub. Only thing I can think of is that I have A LOT of folders - hundreds of nested folders, and A LOT of messages (I'm syncing 30 days of messages, which has got to be thousands of messages). Is it possible that it just takes time to get everything synced up the first time? But would that explain why it works in one direction and not the other?
    08-04-16 11:38 AM
    Attachment 405498

Not working.
    Huawei P9.
    works on on a 6p android 6.0.1
    08-04-16 11:38 AM
    happy to agree
    08-04-16 11:40 AM
    Another not so smart move Blackberry, you made it hard to buy a BB10 Blackberry and now you don't even have to buy an Android BB to get BB10 features. Does the term shooting yourself in the foot mean anything to you.
    That foot has already been pretty much amputated.
    kirson and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    08-04-16 11:40 AM
    I have all the folders set to sync. I waited for a while (10 minutes or so), but nothing moved. To test this out, I filed a message on my desktop, and within 5 seconds I saw it moved in the Hub. Only thing I can think of is that I have A LOT of folders - hundreds of nested folders, and A LOT of messages (I'm syncing 30 days of messages, which has got to be thousands of messages). Is it possible that it just takes time to get everything synced up the first time? But would that explain why it works in one direction and not the other?
    How long have you had the hub setup for? I've certainly seen cases where having that much stuff syncing can cause delays if it's still trying to process a ton of the other stuff.
    08-04-16 11:45 AM
    How long have you had the hub setup for? I've certainly seen cases where having that much stuff syncing can cause delays if it's still trying to process a ton of the other stuff.
    I set it up yesterday. But, to be fair, the phone was powered down overnight, and was only actively connected for an hour or two. Perhaps I'll give it the day, and experiment again tomorrow (it's a back-up phone, not my daily driver).

Separate question: LinkedIn and WhatsApp are both displayed in the hub, but neither of them is showing any of the messages currently in those apps when I click on them. Is there something I need to do to "turn them on"?
    08-04-16 11:59 AM
    I removed all my Cobalt apps from my Samsung and rebooted. Still Google Play would not allow my device. I am back now with the Cobalt versions. Seems to work great. I would pay monthly fee but .. No such luck.

I have 1.5 years left on my contract so I hope that my Cobalt solution lasts as long.
    08-04-16 12:07 PM
    I removed all my Cobalt apps from my Samsung and rebooted. Still Google Play would not allow my device. I am back now with the Cobalt versions. Seems to work great. I would pay monthly fee but .. No such luck.

I have 1.5 years left on my contract so I hope that my Cobalt solution lasts as long.
    you need to do a reset
    08-04-16 12:11 PM
    I did do a reset... but now I see that the hub and services are in my Google Play Services as an installed app but shows my device as incompatible. I will just leave it as it is.

I seem to have the new app but installed it via Cobalt.. If that makes sense.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 08-04-16 at 12:43 PM.
    08-04-16 12:16 PM
    I am very sad about this since it has no support for my device which is still running Android 5.0 . BlackBerry would have supported 5.0 knowing that only about 30% of android devices are using Android 6.0
    They will.
    Just wait a little bit.

08-04-16 03:04 PM
    They will.
    Just wait a little bit.

But I wonder how far even BlackBerry will go back.

Should help some to understand why developers can't afford to support everyone.
    08-04-16 03:21 PM
    Hub widget coming soon.
    Hub widget sounds like a great addition!

And although this may not be the right place for direct feedback (I never got into any of the Android beta tests): I feel like the latest keyboard update has made the Swipe Down for Symbols gesture near impossible to use.
    Between my Passport and my Nexus+BB keyboard, that method to access symbols has really become second nature to me for typing.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    08-04-16 03:32 PM
    And without BES and an IT professional managing your device... you won't have all the security that BlackBerry has made either.

Or it's like if you buy a DTEK50 you won't be able to receive all the protection that Gorilla Glass 4 has to offer (or even GG3). Which do you think the "average" user would understand and have meaning for them.
    If you are the average user who isn't a) in China, b) downloading a small basket of known apps from the official store and c) aren't side-loading - what really is the threat?

Enough to buy an inferior spec phone to the one you like? Unlikely.
    08-04-16 04:56 PM
    Where do I subscribe? Also I don't see any upcoming apps...
    08-04-16 05:14 PM
450 ... 45678 ...