And that's all I wanted to read. Nice.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    Except for keyboard, swipe up gestures, and productivity tab.
    08-03-16 03:49 PM
    Did it to my S7 with no Cyanogen.
    08-03-16 03:59 PM
    How can I get the launcher?
    08-03-16 04:40 PM
    Let me clarify then...

1) Hub, Calendar, Password Keeper, BlackBerry Hub+ Services are available TODAY for Marshmallow devices (some devices not initially supported - we want to phase the release to include more devices and lollipop support soon)
    2) Subscription offering and apps contained in this tier will be made available in early September.
    3) There is a 30 day trial - with the apps today, once the 'trial' expires some ads will start to appear. As of the September release you'll have the ability to subscribe to remove them AND get access to the rest of the apps (+ call in support from our CSO team). We're trying to align the the September release so that most people will get the ability to subscribe (if they desire) right around the time when the 'trial' would expire.

Hope that clears some of it up.
    So... no possibility of an outright one-time purchase price?

Posted via CB10
    Fatz_z likes this.
    08-03-16 04:43 PM
    BlackBerry Manager has an update.

Did not touch the licensing part :-)
    08-03-16 05:25 PM
    Everything works fine again.
    only BBM is not in the Hub, but thats no issue :-)
    08-03-16 06:18 PM
    So... no possibility of an outright one-time purchase price?
    I have no comment on whether they will offer an outright purchase price, but I think that the subscription model is the right way to go. Now that Apple is starting to push it, I think that you're going to see a lot of developers adopt this model. People have gotten used to paying a couple of bucks for a mobile app, and then expecting the developer to constantly be pushing out updates, all for the .99 you paid two years ago.

I just don't think that it would, fiscally, make sense for BlackBerry to offer a one-time purchase price, and then have to spend resources on the continued development. I also think that from a consumer's point of view, it may be easier to justify .99/mth versus $25, or $50, or $99, or whatever BlackBerry would have to charge to make it worth it. Who knows, maybe this will get people to buy a BlackBerry phone, where are these services are baked in
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-03-16 06:22 PM
    Everything works fine again.
    only BBM is not in the Hub, but thats no issue :-)
    Download the updated version of BBM in the play store.
    08-03-16 06:29 PM
    So I uninstalled cobalt and bb services. Then downloaded the new bb manager. But I don't know how I can subscribe to hub+ with the additional apps
    08-03-16 06:59 PM
    The question I have is, has anyone tried it on. Samsung Note 5 or similar device? Does it feel the same as when on a BlackBerry?
    08-03-16 07:08 PM
    I've uninstalled Cobalt's versions of these apps (except for Password, which I don't use) and installed the official ones from Play. I don't have a problem with the subscription model as long as the price is reasonable, which it is. BlackBerry needs a revenue stream from software of this quality. I imagine they make more money from the adware version, but I intend to pay to opt out of that after the trial period. I'm pleased to see that Cobalt's work played a part.

It took me a few minutes to find the Hub in the app drawer, since it's now just "Hub" rather than "BlackBerry Hub".
    Uzi and wincyUt like this.
    08-03-16 07:25 PM
    "Uninstalled BlackBerry Manager apps and tried to install from the play store and Calendar, Hub+ Services, Hub will not install. I keep getting Error 505."

How do I fix this error??
    08-03-16 07:47 PM
    Un-loyal Androidians get more support than BlackBerry loyal fans!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 07:49 PM
    BIG NEWS: BlackBerry now officially supports Hub, Calendar and other apps on any Android device-biqpdvujhhn.jpg

Why is this happening? So what is the privilege for blackberry from now on???if evrything in BlackBerry available in android

SQC 100-3Classic
    08-03-16 07:55 PM
    Un-loyal Androidians get more support than BlackBerry loyal fans!

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a good revenue stream to me.

Besides, my Priv gets monthly updates and its app suite has been steadily developed and improved. I feel, as a loyal BlackBerry fan, that I get excellent support.
    Greened, habs_fan and wincyUt like this.
    08-03-16 07:56 PM
    C_bryant

Can you tell me if the BlackBerry suite is going to function as it does on the Priv?

Because if it does I'd gladly pay for the sub, but if it is how it is on my G4 currently with cobalt's version, then I might as well continue using his version.

Like the HUB on my G4 is the Hub no doubt, but it doesn't look the same (letters are bigger) and same goes for the BlackBerry keyboard (my biggest complaint).

As it stand right now, I'm still convinced getting a BlackBerry device and using the BlackBerry suite on another device are not the same experience whatsoever.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-03-16 07:57 PM

As it stand right now, I'm still convinced getting a BlackBerry device and using the BlackBerry suite on another device are not the same experience whatsoever.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Although an asset to the Android community, I agree that the experience is not comparable to a real BlackBerry device. I have a Nexus and Priv. The experience is far better on the latter.
    08-03-16 07:59 PM
    "Uninstalled BlackBerry Manager apps and tried to install from the play store and Calendar, Hub+ Services, Hub will not install. I keep getting Error 505."

How do I fix this error??
    I had to go to security unclick blackberry services administrator rights and then deleted bb services from the device manager
    08-03-16 08:12 PM
    Although an asset to the Android community, I agree that the experience is not comparable to a real BlackBerry device. I have a Nexus and Priv. The experience is far better on the latter.
    Agreed. And that's what a lot of people don't seem to get.

Perhaps the biggest asset though, is the zero day patch updates.

There are many reasons to still get a BlackBerry device, this hub+ is just a small taste.

Also if people don't know, the productivity tab functions like the peek gesture on BlackBerry 10 in that you can "glance" at this information no matter where you are, and you don't leave whatever it was you were doing unless you wanted to read the task in full.

The tab actually is more powerful than peek on BlackBerry 10 because you can "peek" (it's actually more of a glance) at your email, calendar, tasks, and recent contacts not just your notifications.

BlackBerry has definitely done some amazing things on android that are better than bb10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-03-16 08:34 PM
    This is great news!
    08-03-16 09:20 PM
    Personally I'm expecting some BB flair on my Note 7 I get it won't be the same and I'm fine with that.
    08-03-16 09:21 PM
    Also getting the 505 error here.
    I wonder if its not on the compatibility list yet?
    Lg V10
    08-03-16 09:21 PM
    Did you have one of the unofficial versions on before?
    08-03-16 09:28 PM
    Will blackberry suite work on android tablets?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 09:48 PM
    Not right now.
    08-03-16 09:52 PM
450 ... 23456 ...