WOW, so my only reason for pre-ordering the DTEK50 (BB Apps like Hub etc.) is now gone since we can run them on any Android now for $0.99 a month? This is great news!!!
    Just what I was thinking. Nice for those who want and Android and not a dtek. You can have it all.
    JeromeM and JRF_1986 like this.
    08-03-16 01:17 PM
    Still on bb10 at the moment, put have been planning to move to Android for a while.

While I certainly would be interested in the Hub+ suite, that "monthly subscription" thing is something that I'm not interested in. I'd rather an outright purchase price and be done with it.

I've got enough nickel and dime subscriptions every month to worry about as it is. And when your budget is already tight as it is, you don't need another buck disappearing on you that you forget about what it's for.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you.
    From comments by Priv users, it sounds that the integrated Blackberry Hub on the Priv is not as fluid and natural as it is on BB10 devices. Also, I don't know that the general Android MM user will want to shell out $12.00/year for the features of HUB+. We will have to wait and see. I think (at this stage of Blackberry's return to profitability), it may have been a better strategy to release the Hub as a 30-day trial app with some features + advertisements etc. and set a fixed price to upgrade to professional version (with all or select features and no advertisements).
    Fatz_z likes this.
    08-03-16 01:20 PM
    Uninstalled BlackBerry Manager apps and tried to install from the play store and Calendar, Hub+ Services, Hub will not install. I keep getting Error 505.

Anyone else run into this?

Could it be because I am running Cyanogenmod?
    Last edited by xRuhRohx; 08-03-16 at 01:36 PM.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    08-03-16 01:21 PM
    Any insight if the BB Keyboard will be added to this suite of products?
    Doubt it. Swiftkey licensing would probably not allow it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-03-16 01:26 PM
    Just what I was thinking. Nice for those who want and Android and not a dtek. You can have it all.
    It's a far cry from "all".
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-03-16 01:27 PM
    Doubt it. Swiftkey licensing would probably not allow it.
    Yes - I think the issue is they cannot directly compete in that way.
    08-03-16 01:28 PM
    Yes - I think the issue is they cannot directly compete in that way.
    That alone is reason enough for me to stick with Cobalt's solution for the PRIV's apps. But we have reached a point where now those apps can't be updated... Hub and Keyboard were the two that made a real difference. Launcher, Contacts, Calendar, Task were the only others that I was using, but they are easily replaced.

Hub I know there are other unified inboxes, and other keyboard... I will stick to these as long as I can.
    xandros9 and Bbnivende like this.
    08-03-16 01:40 PM
    Except without a BlackBerry device you won't have the security that BlackBerry has made for Android

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-03-16 01:41 PM
    Except without a BlackBerry device you won't have the security that BlackBerry has made for Android

And without BES and an IT professional managing your device... you won't have all the security that BlackBerry has made either.

Or it's like if you buy a DTEK50 you won't be able to receive all the protection that Gorilla Glass 4 has to offer (or even GG3). Which do you think the "average" user would understand and have meaning for them.
    xandros9 and stlabrat like this.
    08-03-16 02:10 PM
    That alone is reason enough for me to stick with Cobalt's solution for the PRIV's apps. But we have reached a point where now those apps can't be updated... Hub and Keyboard were the two that made a real difference. Launcher, Contacts, Calendar, Task were the only others that I was using, but they are easily replaced.

Hub I know there are other unified inboxes, and other keyboard... I will stick to these as long as I can.
    I'm using the keyboard via Cobalt running alongside the Hub+ suite from Google Play, just FYI. I don't think it requires Hub Services so you should be fine.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeromeM like this.
    08-03-16 02:14 PM
    To bad lollipop isn't supported
    Great move by bbry, would love to pay for the apps but stuck on lollipop

08-03-16 02:19 PM

Get dtek50
    david7saad and wincyUt like this.
    08-03-16 02:27 PM
    I'm using the keyboard via Cobalt running alongside the Hub+ suite from Google Play, just FYI. I don't think it requires Hub Services so you should be fine.
    I think the keyboard was one of the apps that didn't require Cobalt... the apk could be installed directly.

Might be that we'll be able to use the Keyboard even if it's not officially offered.

I'd just rather wait and let others see how it works and how the ads affect everything in 30 days.
    08-03-16 02:27 PM
    You can sideload BlackBerry keyboard and password keeper without BlackBerry manager.

Buy a oneplus 3 , install BlackBerry keyboard, subscribe to hub+, and you have the most powerful BlackBerry ever.

08-03-16 02:49 PM
    Nope. All apps need to be patched.
    david7saad likes this.
    08-03-16 02:49 PM
    i would suggest that if you are not using one of the BB android devices, why don't give something to support BB now that you have the chance for merely $11.88 per year? i mean, in general we are here because we love BB and would love them to keep in business (i said in general because there are some users at CB that don't have a BB device nor have nothing good to say about BB but still you see them in almost every thread, which i never understand but that's another subject)... what Cobalt did and have done for everyone in this community it's great... now, you can give something instead of demand or receive... just a suggestion, don't want to start a fight or anything...
    08-03-16 02:53 PM
    I hear you.
    I think (at this stage of Blackberry's return to profitability), it may have been a better strategy to release the Hub as a 30-day trial app with some features + advertisements etc. and set a fixed price to upgrade to professional version (with all or select features and no advertisements).
    This is KIND OF what they did...

There seems to be a lot of confusion on how this is working. With Hub+, BlackBerry is offering the Hub, Calendar and Password Keeper. Those are free for 30 days, and then will remain free, but with ads. IF you decide to subscribe for .99/mth, the ads go away, and you also get contacts, tasks, device search, notes and launcher.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-03-16 02:57 PM
    i would suggest that if you are not using one of the BB android devices, why don't give something to support BB now that you have the chance for merely $11.88 per year? i mean, in general we are here because we love BB and would love them to keep in business (i said in general because there are some users at CB that don't have a BB device nor have nothing good to say about BB but still you see them in almost every thread, which i never understand but that's another subject)... what Cobalt did and have done for everyone in this community it's great... now, you can give something instead of demand or receive... just a suggestion, don't want to start a fight or anything...
    Based on the general tone I get from these forums, they would rather BlackBerry die an honour death for divesting BB10...

...then go on to ask where is 10.3.3 for the Passport.
    habs_fan and xandros9 like this.
    08-03-16 03:00 PM
    hahaha... i know... but just a naive suggestion from a BB user...

Based on the general tone I get from these forums, they would rather BlackBerry die an honour death for divesting BB10...

...then go on to ask where is 10.3.3 for the Passport.
    08-03-16 03:04 PM
    I can't install on Moto G 4 with Marshmallow 6.01 installed.... says "Your device isn't compatible with this version."? This is a throw away phone until my priv on vzw gets here but kind of short sighted to not support all current devices.
    08-03-16 03:18 PM
    My order is staying as well. I'll have the full suite, hardened kernel, hardware security and no ads and no subscriptions. I wonder if they'll roll BBM into the suite and ad free for BB Android devices? Should maybe do that for consistency.
    Precisely why I'll stay with BlackBerry devices

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-03-16 03:27 PM
    I can't install on Moto G 4 with Marshmallow 6.01 installed.... says "Your device isn't compatible with this version."? This is a throw away phone until my priv on vzw gets here but kind of short sighted to not support all current devices.
    I have the same problem with my BQ Aquaris X5 with Android 6.0.1.
    08-03-16 03:28 PM
    There seems to be a lot of confusion on how this is working. With Hub+, BlackBerry is offering the Hub, Calendar and Password Keeper. Those are free for 30 days, and then will remain free, but with ads. IF you decide to subscribe for .99/mth, the ads go away, and you also get contacts, tasks, device search, notes and launcher.
    Let me clarify then...

1) Hub, Calendar, Password Keeper, BlackBerry Hub+ Services are available TODAY for Marshmallow devices (some devices not initially supported - we want to phase the release to include more devices and lollipop support soon)
    2) Subscription offering and apps contained in this tier will be made available in early September.
    3) There is a 30 day trial - with the apps today, once the 'trial' expires some ads will start to appear. As of the September release you'll have the ability to subscribe to remove them AND get access to the rest of the apps - contacts, notes, tasks, device search and launcher (+ call in support from our CSO team). We're trying to align the the September release so that most people will get the ability to subscribe (if they desire) right around the time when the 'trial' would expire.
    4) Certainly looking to add more existing AND new software experiences into the suite in the near future.

Hope that clears some of it up.
    Last edited by c_bryant34; 08-03-16 at 06:28 PM.
    08-03-16 03:30 PM

It is coming to lollipop.
    08-03-16 03:47 PM
    ...AND get access to the rest of the apps...
    And that's all I wanted to read. Nice.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    08-03-16 03:48 PM
450 12345 ...