This is great news. After trying Cobalt's patched apps for a while and moving back to other non-blackberry apps, I downloaded and tried the new Hub+. I wanted to see if a few of the issues that I had with Cobalt's versions existed here. This is what I found:

BB Calendar wouldn't work on my LG G4: Well, they fixed that on Hub+. It opened and worked like a charm.

No Widget for Hub: Still a problem... The thing that I like with BB10 was the quick peek feature that you can see the edge or all of the Hub by sliding your thumb from left to right. I can do that now by adding an Aqua Mail widget to the homescreen page (I use Nova launcher) to the left of the main homescreen page, and allowing page scrolling. Until there is some kind of homescreen widget for the Hub, I am out...

Sparks won't work on non BB Launcher: Still... The Hub Google Play description even says that sparks won't show unless a BB Device is used, although based on my experience with Cobalt's apps, and based on the press release stating that once you pay the $12 you get access to BB Launcher, I have a feeling that the BB Launcher provided for Hub+ will allow sparks...

Separate account homescreen icons don't show proper message count using alternate "spark" replacement or unread-count solution: This is still an issue. I use Nova Launcher together with Tesla Unread, and all separate account icons and the Hub icon itself all show unread badges when only one account gets a message. The number shown is inaccurate as well.

Another issue for me on my LG G4 was that BB Services killed my battery life, after trying all sorts of different configs... I didn't have Hub+ installed long enough now to test that out, although BB says that the new BB Services has performance improvements...

So for now, I have uninstalled Hub+ - as the widget issue is important for me. I will keep checking Google play however to see if that feature is ever released. Funny thing is that on the Hub's Google Play page, there is a Hub widget on one of the screenshots, but I think that only happens on a Blackberry device, as I looked for a Hub widget on my device when the Hub+ was installed, and I couldn't find any.
    jezy1m3rchant likes this.
    08-03-16 10:51 AM
    Let's say BlackBerry was inspired by my work ;-)
    Hahaha yeah! Thanks for running our beta unofficially Cobalt!
    Uzi and Greened like this.
    08-03-16 10:55 AM
    No Widget for Hub: Still a problem... The thing that I like with BB10 was the quick peek feature that you can see the edge or all of the Hub by sliding your thumb from left to right. I can do that now by adding an Aqua Mail widget to the homescreen page (I use Nova launcher) to the left of the main homescreen page, and allowing page scrolling. Until there is some kind of homescreen widget for the Hub, I am out...
    Keep an eye out for more updates coming soon This is definitely in the works as we speak.

Sparks won't work on non BB Launcher: Still... The Hub Google Play description even says that sparks won't show unless a BB Device is used, although based on my experience with Cobalt's apps, and based on the press release stating that once you pay the $12 you get access to BB Launcher, I have a feeling that the BB Launcher provided for Hub+ will allow sparks...
    Yes, for the sparks to work on app icons you will need the official BlackBerry Launcher which is coming soon (September). The Launcher will actually be a free app, along with Hub, Calendar and Password Keeper. Mixing Cobalt's launcher and the official Hub+ apps won't work either.

Separate account homescreen icons don't show proper message count using alternate "spark" replacement or unread-count solution: This is still an issue. I use Nova Launcher together with Tesla Unread, and all separate account icons and the Hub icon itself all show unread badges when only one account gets a message. The number shown is inaccurate as well.
    I'll have a look at this. Suspect that it's just showing the count of notifications in the tray and showing the count for all Hub notifications on the app and all it's associated shortcuts, but I don't know for sure. Will have a look later (busy day today as I'm sure you can imagine).
    saescott and momofteme like this.
    08-03-16 11:01 AM
    08-03-16 11:01 AM
    Hm, I was also thinking of installing the suite to an android device, that makes it easier.

Quick question though:
    What is the content of the Hub functionality? I read something from:
    - Email
    - BBM
    - Facebook
    - Instagram
    - LinkedIn
    - Pinterest
    - Slack
    - Twitter
    - WhatsApp

How's about Textmessages, Calls, SystemUpdates as in BB10? Are they also part of the Hub or is it missing on Android?

And what about the Productivity Task? Is it part of the SW package?

I could imagine that this step (release) was necessary because of the introduction of Samsung Focus App. Seems to be also a cool addon.

Posted via CB10
    Official list (watch me go and screw it up...):

- Email
    - Text Messages
    - Call Logs
    - BBM
    - WhatsApp
    - Facebook
    - Twitter
    - LinkedIn
    - Instagram
    - Pinterest
    - Slack
    08-03-16 11:02 AM
    lol I laughed when I saw that.
    08-03-16 11:03 AM
    So, I went all in on this, and installed Hub+. Hub and Calendar work great (Cody, thanks for adding suggested meeting times - been missing it), but I now can't get notes, contacts, and tasks to work.

Hub+ doesn't offer them from within the app, and the Cobalt versions don't work anymore (not even reinstalling from the repository).
    08-03-16 11:06 AM

- Email
    - Text Messages
    - Call Logs
    - BBM
    - WhatsApp
    - Facebook
    - Twitter
    - LinkedIn
    - Instagram
    - Pinterest
    - Slack
    Sorry to bother you so much but why is the delay in lollipop? I mean normally Apps are developed for all together. Is that because of API level?
    08-03-16 11:19 AM
    Do I win second place for three months? =)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12422544

Seriously, good move, keep it coming Cody (and Co.) I'm getting a DTEK50 while I wait for the PKB as I'd prefer not to deal with subscriptions but great to see BlackBerry open up the platform to all Android devices (starting with Marshmallow, lol). Congratulations on the launch, hope it goes well.
    08-03-16 11:22 AM
    Hi can someone help me. My phone won't let me uninstall blackberry services. In GP store, it says must be deactivated first and when I press it nothing happens. Under apps, uninstall is greyed out.

THanks.
    08-03-16 11:38 AM
    Hi can someone help me. My phone won't let me uninstall blackberry services. In GP store, it says must be deactivated first and when I press it nothing happens. Under apps, uninstall is greyed out.

THanks.
    It showed up as mail or something other than BlackBerry services for me. It had a little BlackBerry symbol in blue inside the icon.

I had updated the apps in Cobalt's manager first so the name changed in that admin manage screen.
    08-03-16 11:41 AM
    What's the link for Hub+? I'm not seeing it in the Play Store

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-03-16 11:43 AM
    I also am not seeing it. Running MM on my HTC 10.
    08-03-16 11:45 AM
    I am not seeing it. It is probably still being rolled out to the servers in the different regions.

achiquitachaser likes this.
    08-03-16 11:52 AM
    If you download and install BlackBerry Hub and launch it should prompt you to install Hub+ Services.
    Fatz_z likes this.
    08-03-16 12:01 PM
    The 3 swipe shortcuts cannot be replicated on non-Blackberry devices, and it is my most used feature. I know there are other swipe launchers and apps out there, but they don't work nearly as well.

Also missing ( I think) is the productivity tab. It's a great way to swipe to "check" unread messages from the HUB.

And no BlackBerry keyboard.

I'm still keeping my DTEK50 orders.
    08-03-16 12:02 PM
    My order is staying as well. I'll have the full suite, hardened kernel, hardware security and no ads and no subscriptions. I wonder if they'll roll BBM into the suite and ad free for BB Android devices? Should maybe do that for consistency.
    medic22003 likes this.
    08-03-16 12:07 PM
    Keep an eye out for more updates coming soon This is definitely in the works as we speak....
    Yes, for the sparks to work on app icons you will need the official BlackBerry Launcher which is coming soon (September). The Launcher will actually be a free app, along with Hub, Calendar and Password Keeper. Mixing Cobalt's launcher and the official Hub+ apps won't work either....
    I'll have a look at this. Suspect that it's just showing the count of notifications in the tray and showing the count for all Hub notifications on the app and all it's associated shortcuts, but I don't know for sure. Will have a look later (busy day today as I'm sure you can imagine).
    Thanks for your replies, I will definitely be on the lookout!
    08-03-16 12:28 PM
    How do we turn texts off in messages App and have them go to hub instead?

08-03-16 12:34 PM
    So, I went all in on this, and installed Hub+. Hub and Calendar work great (Cody, thanks for adding suggested meeting times - been missing it), but I now can't get notes, contacts, and tasks to work.

Hub+ doesn't offer them from within the app, and the Cobalt versions don't work anymore (not even reinstalling from the repository).
    Based on the press release, the other apps get permissioned once you sign on to pay.
    08-03-16 12:35 PM
    Based on the press release, the other apps get permissioned once you sign on to pay.
    How do we pay?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 12:46 PM
    Many other features such as the little icons on the notification shade, the multitasking view with your most recent being center and bigger, the productivity tab (which makes way more sense than samsung's edge feature), the swipe up action, keyboard, etc

Good start but don't think for a second that this is equivalent to owning a Priv or Dtek50 - the experience is still better on a BlackBerry device.

Will wait to see how the keyboard works, if it at all comes, because right now, the patched keyboard on my G4 doesn't even compare.

#whatisclassic
    08-03-16 12:53 PM
    WOW, so my only reason for pre-ordering the DTEK50 (BB Apps like Hub etc.) is now gone since we can run them on any Android now for $0.99 a month? This is great news!!!
    BlackBerry's DTEK app won't work.
    08-03-16 12:53 PM
    If you download and install BlackBerry Hub and launch it should prompt you to install Hub+ Services.
    Services is incompatible with my Nextbit Robin running 6.0.1?? Bah!!!

EDIT: Its working now!

Last edited by tryfe; 08-03-16 at 01:55 PM.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-03-16 12:59 PM

- Email
    - Text Messages
    - Call Logs
    - BBM
    - WhatsApp
    - Facebook
    - Twitter
    - LinkedIn
    - Instagram
    - Pinterest
    - Slack
    Any insight if the BB Keyboard will be added to this suite of products?
    08-03-16 01:12 PM
450 1234 ...