Hey everyone. I work inside a hospital where my mobile signal is spotty because of the building & the hospital machines inside. The hospital has WiFi but the only one I'm allowed to connect to is the unsecured network for patients/guests. I future the safest things for me to do it to start using a VPN service to ensure no shady people are hacking into my Motion or it's sensitive data.
    So I'm seeking some opinions. What VPN service providers are compatible with BlackBerry Android devices & are the best for the money?
    Thanks.
    Alonso2019 likes this.
    11-07-18 09:56 AM
    Hey everyone. I work inside a hospital where my mobile signal is spotty because of the building & the hospital machines inside. The hospital has WiFi but the only one I'm allowed to connect to is the unsecured network for patients/guests. I future the safest things for me to do it to start using a VPN service to ensure no shady people are hacking into my Motion or it's sensitive data.
    So I'm seeking some opinions. What VPN service providers are compatible with BlackBerry Android devices & are the best for the money?
    Thanks.
    All the big ones will work. I happen to use VPN Unlimited.
    11-07-18 10:42 AM
    Thanks, conite.
    11-07-18 04:56 PM
    Just out of curiosity, is VPN Unlimited compatible with BlackBerry 10 devices also?
    11-07-18 05:01 PM
    Just out of curiosity, is VPN Unlimited compatible with BlackBerry 10 devices also?
    I don't think so. It uses an app - which is really good BTW.
    11-07-18 05:09 PM
    i use hola
    11-07-18 05:26 PM
    I don't think so. It uses an app - which is really good BTW.
    Okay thanks.
    11-07-18 05:57 PM
    I use TorGuard and it works great on my KeyOne and on my Passport.
    11-07-18 07:33 PM
    I've been using nordvpn and it's been solid as well.
    @conite I'd be curious how you find vpn unlimited's app for battery drain. I've noticed (only recently) that nordvpn has been draining my battery pretty considerably at times.
    11-07-18 07:41 PM
    I've been using nordvpn and it's been solid as well.
    @conite I'd be curious how you find vpn unlimited's app for battery drain. I've noticed (only recently) that nordvpn has been draining my battery pretty considerably at times.
    I only flip it on when I need it, so it's hard for me to tell.
    11-07-18 08:09 PM
    All the top tier VPNs would work.

Presumably : ExpressVPN, PIA VPN or PureVPN
    11-08-18 07:05 AM
    I've used TorGuard on Android and BlackBerry 10. I just switched from IPVanish to ExpressVPN. I do not believe that IPVanish or ExpressVPN work on BB10, but both have apps for iOS and Android.
    11-11-18 12:34 AM
    ProtonVPN is very good. I use it on Passport and on my Priv and KeyOne, also on my PC.
    11-11-18 06:01 AM
    I succumbed to the Disconnect sale on Crackberry. It works just ok, often it won't connect using the NY server, then I would have to switch to another server. That would work for awhile and then would stop connecting. Switching servers again.
    So after reading through these posts and reading unbiased reviews I went with NordVPN. So far so good. I'm even trying the Double VPN setting and no hiccups in connections as of now. I purchased the 3 year plan.
    I'll be asking for a refund from Disconnect.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 11-11-18 at 08:34 AM.
    11-11-18 08:12 AM
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Keep them coming.
    11-11-18 12:38 PM
    I think for me, NordVPN is the best VPN for blackberry and also known for having the fastest VPN servers.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    11-12-18 10:21 AM
    I think for me, NordVPN is the best VPN for blackberry and also known for having the fastest VPN servers.
    Since I switched from the buggy DisconnectVPN to NordVPN I haven't had any issues. Even with Double VPN turned on I haven't noticed any data slow downs on my Key² what so ever.
    Another plus, NordVPN offers ad blocking as well. The version of the app with ad blocking capabilities must be downloaded from the NordVPN Web site, not Play Store.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 11-13-18 at 06:48 AM.
    11-13-18 06:03 AM
    If you don't mind getting your "hands dirty" you can easily set up your own VPN on AWS or DigitalOcean. Just do a Web search of Algo.

Spend some time comparing VPN providers and you just might build your own.
    11-14-18 10:29 PM
    I using touch VPN, it also possible install to your chrome web
    11-15-18 03:49 AM