I was about to download Skype for my Priv when i got to thinking, what is the best video calling app that Android has to offer? I did some light research on Google and saw a couple of top 10 lists, but none of them were particularly current. I was hoping to hear from the community here to see if there was any consensus on the top dog.

All suggestions are much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 10:11 AM
    Continue downloading Skype ;-) I tried different kind of apps but Skype is still my number one pick. And most People use Skype anyway

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 01:13 PM
    Have you tried the native Hangouts? I rarely video call but Hangouts work fine when I do.
    mbirth likes this.
    02-22-16 01:15 PM
    Skype works great because its a Universal App and available on every main stream platform (iOS, android, BB10, Windows mobile/Desktop, Mac OSX).

Google Hangouts is good and is getting better since they've implemented P2P, which makes the connection direct between the parties participating in the video chat. But only available on Android and iOS.

Good luck.
    02-22-16 02:09 PM
    Skype is horrible.
    Probably one of the reasons people complain about lag and poor battery life.

In terms of video chat, it works well enough but drains a lot of battery and is just a resource hog.

I use Hangouts and am waiting for Whatsapp to roll out video messaging since a lot of people i know refuse to use Hangouts or Skype
    mbirth likes this.
    02-23-16 06:17 PM
    Any video calling app you use will always consume battery. In terms of performance Skype is the best IMO.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    02-27-16 02:25 PM
    Hangous video calls have always smoked Skype. 1 on 1 or peer to peer calls, Hangouts is better, yet perhaps less noticeably. A video chat with 3 or more participants, Hangouts really shines. Skype has simply always lacked in the server power to maintain fluid video chats, regardless how good the client connections. Hangouts is noticeably less problemistic. I've been on Hangouts video chats with 6+ people and it's relatively fluid.
    mbirth likes this.
    02-27-16 03:38 PM
    also i have more trust for Hangouts then i do Skype, considering i requested my Skype account deleted, yet i still get contact requests through Windows.
    And Windows tells me that certain friends that i know have never and will never use Skype, are Skype contacts.

Most intrusive bit of software i ever used
    mbirth likes this.
    02-27-16 05:12 PM
    Skype is the best true cross platform option. Every platform supports it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    02-27-16 06:13 PM
    Vsee - works on low bandwidth, simple, little to no permissions

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 12:27 PM
    I'm one of the ones that have never had a problem with Skype really. My only gripe is yes it is a battery hog and I try and use it infrequently.

I'm spoiled by BBM video. It just plain ROCKS!

From my Tower of Power Q5
    03-05-16 09:45 AM
    There are many good video calling apps are available for android. Some of them are:Skype,Line,Oovoo,Yahoo! Messenger for Android,Tango and many more.

A new video calling app 'iCirklShareapp' is coming soon.Try this new app & feel the experience of new instant messaging app.
    03-25-16 07:58 AM
    Have u tried zoom...it works really good

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-26-16 01:24 PM
    Bbm...just kidding...but wish I wasn't. Zoom is OK

my first foray into droidlandia
    03-29-16 05:29 PM