Hey guys,

Do know of any good SMS backup services? I just want to save my SMS and MMS to a simple file. Or XML or something searchable.

On my Z30, I used SMS Backup, and it saved it all to XML and photos in folders.

On my Motion, I've tried SMS Backup & Restore. But MMS weren't saved, and the XML wasn't nicely formatted. I tried SMS Backup + but you have to link it to Gmail. And Gmail functional supposedly was severed last week. I tried Super Backup, but MMS doesn't seem to be saving.

Any suggestions?
    07-21-19 01:20 PM
    Hey guys,

Do know of any good SMS backup services? I just want to save my SMS and MMS to a simple file. Or XML or something searchable.

On my Z30, I used SMS Backup, and it saved it all to XML and photos in folders.

On my Motion, I've tried SMS Backup & Restore. But MMS weren't saved, and the XML wasn't nicely formatted. I tried SMS Backup + but you have to link it to Gmail. And Gmail functional supposedly was severed last week. I tried Super Backup, but MMS doesn't seem to be saving.

Any suggestions?
    If you simply back up to your Google account (it's an options in settings --> Backup/Restore) that SHOULD back up your text messages. At least that's the way it works on a "normal" Android device.

Since its BlackBerry though, you might want to try backing up using a 3rd party app such as Helium. I have always done the latter with my BlackBerry devices so I can't say for certain if the Google backup will work or not.
    07-21-19 04:18 PM
    If you simply back up to your Google account (it's an options in settings --> Backup/Restore) that SHOULD back up your text messages. At least that's the way it works on a "normal" Android device.

Since its BlackBerry though, you might want to try backing up using a 3rd party app such as Helium. I have always done the latter with my BlackBerry devices so I can't say for certain if the Google backup will work or not.
    I think do have it backed up via Google. But does that give me a searched file? I don't want tk create a backup for the sake of reloading old texts. I want to do it so I can start fresh, but have a searchable file on my computer for possible reference.
    07-21-19 08:28 PM
    I use sms backup and restore from the playstore
    07-22-19 12:37 AM
    I use sms backup and restore from the playstore
    On your Android Blackberry device? And it saves all your MMS (photos)?
    07-22-19 10:54 PM
    07-22-19 11:18 PM
    Yes
    Just to affirm rebroker is correct, I just used sms backup and restore to move from my priv to key2 and all my mms messages transferred. I use the stock google messages if that makes any difference?
    08-28-19 10:19 PM