Please discuss the best scanner app (pdf from document photos) available on the play store. I am trying to replace the scanner app I used on BB10 but so far they are all cloud integrated or have holes in functionality.

Wishlist:

- no adds or pay for add-free
    - must be able to compile multiple images into a single document. Single pages are for amateurs.
    - must have "save to local storage", save to cloud doesn't cut it.
    - the app must export content where I choose, I do not want the file within its own app folder structure that I have to move manually.
    - professional straightforward workflow

Right now I have tried "TinyScanner" but the save to local storage is not available. It will let you open with a PDF reader but even Adobe won't save local.. They all just want to save to cloud... help me before I mention BB10 efficiency again.

Cheers!
    Last edited by DetritalGeo; 11-01-16 at 07:01 PM.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-01-16 05:32 PM
    I like office lens. But to convert to pdf it's cloud based. Will take local jpg backups though.
    11-01-16 05:33 PM
    I tested a lot and the Best for me is CS. Bought the full version. It is absolutely easy, high resolution and crops automatically and easily. Use it twice a day.
    11-02-16 04:49 PM
    Please discuss the best scanner app (pdf from document photos) available on the play store. I am trying to replace the scanner app I used on BB10 but so far they are all cloud integrated or have holes in functionality.

Wishlist:

- must be able to compile multiple images into a single document. Single pages are for amateurs.
    - the app must export content where I choose, I do not want the file within its own app folder structure that I have to move manually.

Right now I have tried "TinyScanner" but the save to local storage is not available. It will let you open with a PDF reader but even Adobe won't save local.. They all just want to save to cloud... help me before I mention BB10 efficiency again.

Cheers!
    I use TinyScanner and the document, pictures, pdfs are automatically saved to the TinyScanner folder on my SD card in Solid Explorer file manager. I did not have to create the folders. Apparently, Solid Explorer does it when you download the app.
    11-02-16 05:52 PM

Wishlist:

Cheers!
    Have you found something you like? I have the same requirements as you.

Edit: Drat, just saw this is from Nov2016 not 2017. Hopefully the OP is still around
    11-18-17 02:31 PM
    Have you found something you like? I have the same requirements as you.

Edit: Drat, just saw this is from Nov2016 not 2017. Hopefully the OP is still around
    I quit using TinyScanner. I use Adobe Acrobat which saves everything I scan to local storage unless I specifically let it go to the Adobe cloud. I can also export / share to anywhere.
    Make as many pages as you need.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-18-17 08:17 PM
    i use Adobe Scan, pretty fast and exact tool
    11-18-17 08:49 PM
    i use Adobe Scan, pretty fast and exact tool
    I looked at that but it appears to automatically upload to the Adobe cloud.
    11-18-17 09:41 PM
    Camscanner (CS) has worked well for me.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-18-17 09:43 PM
    I looked at that but it appears to automatically upload to the Adobe cloud.
    Yes, but can't you also use it without login into you account, thought so...?
    It's pretty fast and does by itself...use it a lot
    11-19-17 05:13 PM
    Well where do yours save?
    11-19-17 06:02 PM
    I quit using TinyScanner. I use Adobe Acrobat which saves everything I scan to local storage unless I specifically let it go to the Adobe cloud. I can also export / share to anywhere.
    Make as many pages as you need.
    I have the Adobe app. To create a pdf it requires a subscription. Does this cost anything?
    11-19-17 08:03 PM
    I use Cam Card by the same dev and like it. I read about on playstore but didn't find the answer. Does CS save to local storage?
    11-19-17 08:24 PM
    I use Cam Card by the same dev and like it. I read about on playstore but didn't find the answer. Does CS save to local storage?
    Yes it does.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-19-17 08:26 PM
    I have the Adobe app. To create a pdf it requires a subscription. Does this cost anything?
    I just checked. Yes. $9.99 per month is what it shows. I don't need to do that because I don't create PDFS from Word or Excel or things like that. I'm not a businessman. The free Adobe App just creates PDFS on my device whenever I save or download documents.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-19-17 08:50 PM
    None of these apps list the resulting dpi when scanning images. By this fact, I assume it must be pretty poor or low dpi.
    11-21-17 08:08 AM
    I was wrong, it seams they have updated and only direct uploads to cloud can be saved as pdf - ridiculous! ...
    11-22-17 05:14 AM
    I bought the full version. Seems adequate thus far. Thanks for the recommendation
    11-23-17 12:33 PM
    I bought the full version. Seems adequate thus far. Thanks for the recommendation
    Watch for on iProducts.... They will sometimes offer free pro upgrade.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    11-23-17 01:35 PM
    A friend of mine recently used JotNot Pro on iOS which impressed me, but don't know if it has the needed functions on Android.
    11-23-17 02:06 PM
    Scanwritr Pro. It get constant updates and has all sort of features. Is the best I've tried.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-06-17 02:18 AM