I'm about to get my Priv, which will be my first Android phone. I've already gone through my lengthy app list and identified which are available. I'd appreciate recommendations for the following:

* VNC client
    * Remote desktop client
    * weather
    * quick but good note taker
    * photo editor (I have Effetica on bb10) want as full featured as possible, not effects and frames!

I see many apps in these categories, just hoping some of you have already found the cream of the crop! Thanks :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 04:02 PM
    I'm about to get my Priv, which will be my first Android phone. I've already gone through my lengthy app list and identified which are available. I'd appreciate recommendations for the following:

* VNC client
    * Remote desktop client
    * weather
    * quick but good note taker
    * photo editor (I have Effetica on bb10) want as full featured as possible, not effects and frames!

I see many apps in these categories, just hoping some of you have already found the cream of the crop! Thanks :-)

Posted via CB10
    Yes too many apps to try and test before selecting. Weather underground seems OK although the Priv has Google Now which includes weather. I have just installed Photoshop Express and hoping it is as good as the legendary Photoshop we all know or heard of. Jump Desktop supports RDP & VNC in one app. I must still make time to fully check it out. The Priv has a built in notes app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-16 04:12 PM
    Thanks. I've had BeWeather on BlackBerry forever... not sure if it's been ported to Android.

I'm trying to spend time browsing apps, but play store only knows about my Z10, and I don't seem to be able to add another device without being ON that device... so I don't get the whole picture! :-(

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 06:05 PM
    I use Microsoft Remote Desktop and OneNote. The OneNote widget and floating icon really make it convenient.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-16 06:32 PM
    Thanks. I've had BeWeather on BlackBerry forever... not sure if it's been ported to Android.

I'm trying to spend time browsing apps, but play store only knows about my Z10, and I don't seem to be able to add another device without being ON that device... so I don't get the whole picture! :-(

Posted via CB10
    Do you have your new Priv already? If so you have to open the Google Play store and login with your Google account. The device will then be added to your device list in the play store.
    03-04-16 03:12 AM
    I wish! Monday. I was hoping to spend the wait time tagging favorite apps... but I guess I have to wait..

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 09:03 AM