Not that I want to start thinking about this too early, but I suspect BB10 lovers will eventually get to the same stage as Playbook lovers did when Playbook support and app development dropped off. That is, starting to hoard and archive asserted compatible bar and apk files, in order to extend their BB10 device usage well into the future even when support drops off to zero. I remember the GoodEReader being a good place to find bar and converted apk/bar files for my Playbook. Not sure if it is still around, or if there is already an equivalent for BB10.

Any thoughts anyone?

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    06-27-16 06:40 PM
    I remember the GoodEReader being a good place to find bar and converted apk/bar files for my Playbook. Not sure if it is still around, or if there is already an equivalent for BB10.
    GoodEreader is still around and has an excellent apk/bar converter and also has converted files for the Playbook and for BB10. I still use it on occasion for my Playbook.
    06-27-16 06:44 PM
    I'll have to go check it out again. Last I remember when I was using GoodEReader for PlayBook bars, there were lots of apps on there (for the playbook) that didn't actually work very well on the PlayBook.

With the Android Player on BB10 a bit behind, I find that plenty of Android apps don't actually work that well on BB10 either (I am not sure if it is because of the Android Runtime being out of date, just guessing).

I'll have to check if GoodEReader has a specific section with known tested and fully checked out bars and apks for BB10. I'd rather not just have access to many that don't really work well. I can get tons of those myself from Amazon or Google and equally find them to not work well.

Maybe it's just a very clean and fully tested list of compatible bars and apks that I am wondering about.

Posted via CB App for Android on z10
    06-27-16 07:21 PM