Hey guys, I'm considering moving over with the Vienna instead of the Priv, and I'm curious about apps and replacing them. If anyone recognizes the listed functionality and can recommend an Android app that might serve a similar function, that would be awesome.

-High Notes (txt editor that integrates with file manager/drop box, lists all files in its sunk folder)

-FastTube (preload youtube videos without rooting the phone)

-Parrot (audio recorder/call recorder...I don't really record calls, but this seems like a grey area app--more of a Google Play challenge)

-bPod (podcast downloader/player, probably an easy replacement)

-Instant (tracks device usage)

-SmartList10 (quickly create to do lists from one input box by separating entries with punctuation)

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 10:36 AM
    You jumping the gun a little aren't you.....
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-23-15 11:15 AM
    You jumping the gun a little aren't you.....
    Agreed there's has been zero official announcement as of current and only renderings and speculations.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-28-15 11:12 PM
    Okay, but let's pretend that I'm not basing this on the Vienna. Can Android offer apps that accomplish what these BB10 apps can without being rooted?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 12:48 AM
    Hey guys, I'm considering moving over with the Vienna instead of the Priv, and I'm curious about apps and replacing them. If anyone recognizes the listed functionality and can recommend an Android app that might serve a similar function, that would be awesome.

-High Notes (txt editor that integrates with file manager/drop box, lists all files in its sunk folder)

-FastTube (preload youtube videos without rooting the phone)

-Parrot (audio recorder/call recorder...I don't really record calls, but this seems like a grey area app--more of a Google Play challenge)

-bPod (podcast downloader/player, probably an easy replacement)

-Instant (tracks device usage)

-SmartList10 (quickly create to do lists from one input box by separating entries with punctuation)

Posted via CB10
    Most of the major and a few minor file manager apps have built-in text editors

You don't need root to cache video, and the YouTube app isn't slow

There are at least 50 of these

Way toooooo many podcast apps

Device usage is baked in

Evernote, or use the Task or Note app. It will be on the Vienna, it's already on the Priv.
    sushistew likes this.
    11-29-15 01:04 AM
    Pocket Casts is my go to for podcasts.
    11-29-15 09:37 PM
    Most of the major and a few minor file manager apps have built-in text editors

You don't need root to cache video, and the YouTube app isn't slow

There are at least 50 of these

Way toooooo many podcast apps

Device usage is baked in

Evernote, or use the Task or Note app. It will be on the Vienna, it's already on the Priv.
    Agreed...wayyyyy too many podcast apps. Personally I've been pleased with Player FM. Very nice UI and a lot of options for downloading/storage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-30-15 01:47 AM
    I was wondering this exact same thing for when I move to Priv when it's out on Verizon. I was looking at some of my most-used apps that I really like on BB10, and was wondering what good replacements are out there on Android. I much prefer the way Cascades apps look on BB10, especially the darker themes, but some material design apps look good too. So I'm hoping there are good replacements that look and work great.

Here are some of the main ones I was wondering about that I haven't already read about for alternatives:
    BB10 apps:
    KeePassB - I use KeePass on multiple PCs using database on my dropbox. This is one app I'll miss the most because it's perfectly executed on BB10. I saw there were a couple keepass apps that might be fine, including one that's paid. I don't mind paying, but I don't want to pay for something I don't like either.
    gNewsReader - I use it with Feedly, and I know there's a Feedly app, but I really like the way gNewsReader works. I'm sure there are a ton of options out there.
    [B]Post To Go[B] - great app to track packages. I saw there are a couple apps on Google Play that may fit the bill.
    [B]Authomator[B] - It's a great 2-factor app. I like how it shows the various accounts with the graphic for how much time is left before the change. I have to use Duo Mobile so I might just use that for all my other stuff too, but curious to see what people recommend.
    12-04-15 03:39 PM
    I was wondering this exact same thing for when I move to Priv when it's out on Verizon. I was looking at some of my most-used apps that I really like on BB10, and was wondering what good replacements are out there on Android. I much prefer the way Cascades apps look on BB10, especially the darker themes, but some material design apps look good too. So I'm hoping there are good replacements that look and work great.

Here are some of the main ones I was wondering about that I haven't already read about for alternatives:
    BB10 apps:
    KeePassB - I use KeePass on multiple PCs using database on my dropbox. This is one app I'll miss the most because it's perfectly executed on BB10. I saw there were a couple keepass apps that might be fine, including one that's paid. I don't mind paying, but I don't want to pay for something I don't like either.
    gNewsReader - I use it with Feedly, and I know there's a Feedly app, but I really like the way gNewsReader works. I'm sure there are a ton of options out there.
    [B]Post To Go[B] - great app to track packages. I saw there are a couple apps on Google Play that may fit the bill.
    [B]Authomator[B] - It's a great 2-factor app. I like how it shows the various accounts with the graphic for how much time is left before the change. I have to use Duo Mobile so I might just use that for all my other stuff too, but curious to see what people recommend.
    Some OEMs have excellent news readers, like Sony's Social Life app. I use that, and Palabre, but there are tons for you to choose from.

KeePass...is that similar to Password Keeper?

Here's a screenshot of how the two rss app widgets look, that I use...
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 App Replacements-1449342906880.jpg  
    12-05-15 01:15 PM
    KeePass is an open source password keeper. I use it on my PCs and devices for my passwords. I keep the data file on my Dropbox.

I know there are are a ton of RSS readers out there. I will be sure to check out what you mentioned. I just need it to work with Feedly, which I use on my PCs. Maybe the Feedly app itself will suffice, but I thought I tested the Android app at one time and it just worked a bit different than I liked.

With Android, it kind of seems like there are too many options, and finding the right ones for what you want can be a chore, especially since people like different aspects of various apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 03:32 PM