Hello guys,

Sorry if my questions seems stupid but I have been away from BB world for a long time.

I am using a S8 nowadays and I saw that some BB apps are available on Google store for any Android.

I was wondering, what is the difference of buying a BB device or installing BB apps on my S8?

My first thought about using it is that BB launcher is interesting, but it is heavy loaded even for an S8.

Belotto
    10-19-17 10:04 AM
    Just a few quick answers:

A BlackBerry android phone has the hardened OS - how that differs from the Samsung with Knox is for others to debate.

It also has built-in Dtek app - also debated often in how useful it is.

The OS UI is near stock, even with the launcher. However, like any android phone, you can install any other launcher you wish.

Basic BB app functions are the same. I don't think there are any real differences in the way, for example, the Hub functions no matter what device it's on.

I have an S8, and most of the BlackBerry apps, and I like the way they work better than the Samsung apps for emails, calendar and contacts.

I use Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager which bypasses the Google versions. This allows use of the BlackBerry virtual keyboard which I love on the S8.

I'm also using the Nova launcher with the TeslaUnread sub-app to give me numbered notification badges on app icons. The count is inaccurate with the Hub icon, but I can live with it. It correctly shows when something is there.
    10-19-17 10:19 AM
    Not much of a difference.... on the device you get the keyboard app, and the DTEK app and some gestures that work better in the launcher.

A few have complained about the apps performance issues... even a few KEYone users that have removed it for other less resource intensive apps. Only you can really judge this, so suggest you give it a try.

My S7 I just have HUB and keyboard (can be found - thanks Cobalt), as there were issues with the default apps and the launcher isn't very good (IMHO).
    10-19-17 10:23 AM
    I have an S8 and I use the Hub, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Password Keeper. all you really need is the Hub and Password Keeper. All the other BB stuff is BS.

Also, the reason I like the Hub is it shows sent and received emails together.

Lastly, the Samsung apps are not bad. Calendar and Contacts are very good.
    10-19-17 05:25 PM

Also, the reason I like the Hub is it shows sent and received emails together.
    That's actually a big reason I wanted to use the Hub.

Also, you can't set account colors in the Samsung email app, which was pretty good otherwise.

What's strange is, you can set account colors in the Samsung calendar app.
    10-19-17 05:31 PM
    I was paying the $1.00 a month for the BB Hub Suite and had a calendar issue. Deleted it and tried to reinstall and it said it was incompatible with my device. Then I deleted the whole Hub Suite and now I cannot install any BB thru the Google Play store. I started using Cobalt. I posted about it and nobody chimed in. The traffic on this site has really died down. 13 years with BB and now 3 months with Samsung, so far pretty happy.
    10-19-17 05:39 PM
    I was paying the $1.00 a month for the BB Hub Suite and had a calendar issue. Deleted it and tried to reinstall and it said it was incompatible with my device. Then I deleted the whole Hub Suite and now I cannot install any BB thru the Google Play store. I started using Cobalt. I posted about it and nobody chimed in. The traffic on this site has really died down. 13 years with BB and now 3 months with Samsung, so far pretty happy.
    Billions of people using Samsung and Apple, can't all be wrong.
    10-20-17 10:57 AM
    Where can one find the list of compatible phone for BlackBerry suites app ?

Going to get the Nokia 6 for 179$ just want to make sure it can run the hub.. keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 02:40 PM

Going to get the Nokia 6 for 179$ just want to make sure it can run the hub.. keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Keyboard you can get through cobalt BlackBerry manager. I am using it on a S8
    10-20-17 08:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's a great price. I have the Nokia 5 and after the update 7.1.2 the telephone is really fast.
    Sebyoo likes this.
    10-26-17 11:30 AM
    Are you liking it better with this new update...
    do you run blackberry hub+ on it
    how long is your battery..... LET ME KNOW
    10-27-17 12:54 PM
    Who does use blackberry hub+ services on their android !
    12-06-17 11:21 AM