I'm forced to use a Nokia 6.2 (running whatever android 9 is called) to control a medical device I need to use. I have 3 basic questions & know that many users here have migrated to android so I hoped to get some input. I still will use my Q10 for all my daily tasks, not even going to put a SIM card in the Nokia.
    1st, I was told that the new unlocked 6.2 should be updating to android 10. How do I do it? Other than a few updates when I was setting it up I didn't know about this.
    2nd, is there a way to run any of the DTEK features on a non- BlackBerry? I want to keep every app unable to access location except for weather & GasBuddy. Is that possible?

Last, how do I turn OFF the voice system and get the keyboard to enter letters & numbers? I have ZERO interest in talking to a phone, and much less in having the stupid thing listening to me...

Thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-20-19 03:21 AM
    I'm forced to use a Nokia 6.2 (running whatever android 9 is called) to control a medical device I need to use. I have 3 basic questions & know that many users here have migrated to android so I hoped to get some input. I still will use my Q10 for all my daily tasks, not even going to put a SIM card in the Nokia.
    1st, I was told that the new unlocked 6.2 should be updating to android 10. How do I do it? Other than a few updates when I was setting it up I didn't know about this.
    2nd, is there a way to run any of the DTEK features on a non- BlackBerry? I want to keep every app unable to access location except for weather & GasBuddy. Is that possible?

Last, how do I turn OFF the voice system and get the keyboard to enter letters & numbers? I have ZERO interest in talking to a phone, and much less in having the stupid thing listening to me...

Thanks!

Congratulations scuba ;-) I know you know I’m being facetious since you don’t like Android so I hope you’re ok about the medical device need. Which 6.2 did you get? The 3/32, 4/64 or the 4/128 model? From what I could tell, I don’t think Android 10 for Nokia 6.2 has rolled out yet but you know I’m no IT guy.
    12-20-19 07:05 AM
    Wife's 7.2 got 10 a few days ago. So maybe the 6.2 will get upgraded to 10 sometime soon.

AFAIK I got a 4/64. Yeah, I need it to control a medical device. Just the way it goes....

12-21-19 12:00 AM