For those who have downloaded and installed Whatsapp from Google Play on their BlackBerry 10 devices, how does it work? Any issues? Any broken parts?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 10:14 AM
    Did work a while ago when I tried it on my Z30. Dunno about now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-27-16 10:37 AM
    When I had my Z30 I tried to stick with native OS10 apps, and only used snap if there were no OS10 version available. I now have the Priv and just hate these ads in the free version Playstore apps.
    02-27-16 10:40 AM
    Which android version is the runtime we have on BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 10:08 PM
    Works perfectly fine except for the Whatsapp squircle thingly rotating like it does on actual android devices.
    02-28-16 10:50 AM
    Which android version is the runtime we have on BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Jellybean 4.3
    02-28-16 10:57 AM
    Just a question of time till RT 4.3 won't be supported, by then you will have to switch....

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    idhbar likes this.
    02-28-16 12:56 PM
    ....android smartphone.

02-28-16 01:15 PM
    Just installed it on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639

- first the google playservices nag came up (did not patch the apk)
    - activating via sms did not work, so I did the recall option, which worked

Now works fine so far, but for sure the BlackBerry version is better!

Perhaps somebody can patch a version and keep it (only have a Mac), just in case, the BlackBerry version would stop working, which again is very doubtfull in my eyes...?!

Posted via CB10
    Roy Yi likes this.
    02-29-16 09:05 PM
    Hi, how did you get it to work on your Classic? I own a Passport, patched the APK using the Google Services Play Patcher. The SMS option does not work for me either, but when it tries to call me, it tells me that I can't be called and it was like "Something's not correct with your apk." it closes afterwards. Any way you can help me?
    03-01-16 10:54 AM
    Hi, how did you get it to work on your Classic? I own a Passport, patched the APK using the Google Services Play Patcher. The SMS option does not work for me either, but when it tries to call me, it tells me that I can't be called and it was like "Something's not correct with your apk." it closes afterwards. Any way you can help me?
    Did you whitelist the unpatched app first?
    03-01-16 11:17 AM
    On which OS are you?
    I deleted the BlackBerry version first
    I did not patch it
    From my understanding Luclypatcher isn't that reliable anymore...hm??
    hope that helps, but I think we should get somebody to patch it prfessionally, the last version working with this old droid runtime
    BUT actually I doubt very much we will not be able to use WA after 2016...!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 02:59 PM
    For those who have downloaded and installed Whatsapp from Google Play on their BlackBerry 10 devices, how does it work? Any issues? Any broken parts?

Posted via CB10

On my BB 10, I had to install WhatsApp from both Google Play and BB World with different phone number of course, and are working properly.

Android Whatsapp on BlackBerry 10-whatsapp-bb-world.jpg Android Whatsapp on BlackBerry 10-whatsapp-google-play.jpg

Z10/STL100-2/SR 10.3.2.2836
    03-08-16 02:30 AM
    I have installed whatsapp from play store bt its not opening. Any solution?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 09:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have.
    It all seems to work OK except for the sending of pictures which doesn't work!
    08-29-16 12:59 PM
    I also face the same problem on sending photos. Is there any solution for that?
    09-12-16 10:07 PM
    I also face the same problem on sending photos. Is there any solution for that?
    Sadly, probably not since its in no one's best interests to fix this apart from ours of course
    For the moment, I have re installed the wonderful blackberry version and will stick with that until it dies. After that we will have to re-asses.
    I seem to have been part of several dying platforms since my first venture into computing with the Atari S.T. It's how things go apparently. Still feel justified in supporting every one of them. Palm Treo anyone?
    Last edited by jkpirie; 09-13-16 at 01:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    09-13-16 01:32 AM
    Dear all,

Found solution in CrackBerry Forums for this issue , post below attached.
    Just install WAA Fixer (it's a .bar file) in your BlackBerry and you will be able to send attachments in WhatsApp.

Originally Posted by gurx View Post
    I have this .bar file too, WAA Fixer version 1.0.0.2.

I put it on my OneDrive public folder. This is the link. ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoCYkpf8PeAgkehWphmUuMJwVMVtCQ )

Sorry if this kind os post is not allowed here....

Unquote

I've installed WAA Fixer in my BlackBerry Leap 10 OS and works fine, we'll see what happens from December 31th, 2016.
    For install .bar files instructions, just check this link

Take care all.
    valer466 likes this.
    10-17-16 02:04 AM
    Whatsapp for Android, currently available in Google Play store, does not run on Cobalt's Google Play for BlackBerry 10.

My BB Classic runs BB 10.3.2.2836 with modifications by Crackberry's Cobalt, in order to run Google Play etc..I have downgraded the BB Android VM to 10.3.2.2813, so as to allow uninstalling Android apps.

a) The OEM Whatsapp (that is, without modifying the object code, so as to spoof the software ID with Cobalt's Play Services Patcher) complains about not finding Google Play Services and then get stuck in finding my Whatsapp back-up.

b) The modified Whatsapp (spoofed software ID, using Cobalt's Play Services Patcher and the Whitelist tool, simply complains that the app is faulty when one tries to install it, and quits without installing.

Has anyone managed to get the latest Whatsapp for Android to work with Cobalt's Google Play suite?
    10-27-16 02:08 PM
    WhatsApp for Android works perfectly on my phone. Downloaded it from Cobalt's Google play store...

Posted with my awesome Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-28-16 10:24 AM
    I had the little problem someone mentioned. The app stuck at "looking for backups" but after tinkering a bit with the device (restarting it and closing and opening the app) it finally works. Oh, and I uninstalled Blackberry version of Whatsapp. I really want to know if it is a viable solution.
    11-01-16 02:12 PM
    WhatsApp working great on passport. I just installed it from play store without patching. installed waa fixer. when it pop up for google play service I just click outside the message. do not click "ok". and the app will run without looking for backups
    11-03-16 06:02 AM
    I installed WhatsApp latest version by copying it on the SD Card. It works, but I connot send photos from the gallery. Did you get it working? How?
    11-10-16 06:54 AM
    I trıed by snap loadıng on My Classic. Works Fine.
    11-10-16 08:51 AM
    im stucked at backup pages. pls can someone help me?
    02-24-17 12:50 PM
28 12