I just tried installing Android Pay. Actually, I didn't have to install it - just enable it. As soon as it was enabled, before I set up any credit cards, I was prompted to update the app, which I did. And then when I tried to open it, I got the message that it was unavailable.

I'm in Canada, on Telus. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?
    07-03-17 11:54 PM
    1) Which device are you using?
    2) Android Pay in Canada still has some quirks, the intialisation process being one of them.

Since you updated it to the latest version, but it was disabled, just reboot and let it process through the system for a bit. Even then, if it appears to be working there's still a chance it might not work entirely because again, few quirks, even down to device specific ones.
    07-04-17 01:17 PM
    1) Which device are you using?
    2) Android Pay in Canada still has some quirks, the intialisation process being one of them.

Since you updated it to the latest version, but it was disabled, just reboot and let it process through the system for a bit. Even then, if it appears to be working there's still a chance it might not work entirely because again, few quirks, even down to device specific ones.
    Any ETA on fix ??
    07-04-17 03:43 PM
    Any ETA on fix ??
    it's on Google so, between now and never.
    07-04-17 03:47 PM
    it's on Google so, between now and never.
    So any BlackBerry / bbmobile issues are accounted for and we only await the blessings of the Google overlords?

Sigh. Was all stoked to get pay working!
    07-04-17 04:02 PM
    Rebooting worked! I uninstalled the updates but didn't disable Android Pay. Rebooted, updated Pay and rebooted again. And then it worked - so I now have 3 credit cards in my mobile wallet.

Unfortunately, I still have to carry the physical cards in my leather wallet - all contactless transactions are limited to a maximum $100 payment. But this is still progress! Now, when I leave home without my wallet, I'm not stuck.
    Last edited by ALToronto; 07-05-17 at 11:07 AM.
    07-05-17 09:55 AM
    Just to clarify - I always clear all apps before rebooting, and these were regular, quick reboots.
    07-05-17 11:06 AM
    Rebooting worked! I uninstalled the updates but didn't disable Android Pay. Rebooted, updated Pay and rebooted again. And then it worked - so I now have 3 credit cards in my mobile wallet.

Unfortunately, I still have to carry the physical cards in my leather wallet - all contactless transactions are limited to a maximum $100 payment. But this is still progress! Now, when I leave home without my wallet, I'm not stuck.
    Tried all that but alas... still doesn't work on Rogers KEYone with latest android pay trying approved and supported bank debit card.
    07-05-17 01:52 PM
    Tried all that but alas... still doesn't work on Rogers KEYone with latest android pay trying approved and supported bank debit card.
    I wonder if it's a Marshmallow vs. Nougat thing. One thing I did have to change - I had to grant Google Play Services permission to my Contacts. I had been resisting, but too many apps simply won't work unless GPS runs your life. So I finally relented. Now I can reinstall some apps that I had given up on.

Another hiccup actually using AP - when I selected my AMEX card to pay, I was prompted to open the AMEX app and set up NFC payment through it. I didn't realize that I didn't actually have to do it, so I went ahead and set it up - while at the checkout at Staples, with people behind me. The cashier suspended my purchase and took the customers behind me while I was logging into my AMEX account. Ugh. I didn't have to go through all that.

It's a similar situation with the Canadian Tire MC - you get prompted to install their MPay+Play app. Another huge hassle, and completely unnecessary.

One thing I learned using my Priv to tap and pay - if you have a flap case with a magnetic cover, you can't fold the cover over the back of the phone. The magnet interferes with the NFC signal. The chip is at the back of the phone, so you have to either close the flap or hold it open like a book in order to tap successfully.
    07-05-17 02:07 PM