Since BlackBerry Launcher will soon be discontinued, what are other similar options do you guys suggest?
    I simply like the BlackBerry Launcher and very comfortable with it even moving from the KeyOne to Sony Xperia, aside from no PKB, the GUI is pretty much similar.

I have a Sony Xperia 5 II.
    01-19-22 07:16 AM
    What do you even mean by similar to BB Launcher....

I like the whole suite of apps from Microsoft, including their Launcher. Nova Launcher Prime had a lot of options and was great too.

I'd put the BB Launcher way down on the list of "good" Android Launchers... worst thing is it had no backup options like most do.
    01-19-22 07:23 AM
    You should try Square Home Launcher. It's a Windows Phone style launcher, complete with Live Tiles. I have it on my Pixel 6, Xperia 1, Key2 and Titan. Best launcher for those who miss the live tiles on Windows Phone.
    01-19-22 10:13 AM
    I use so many different phones that I leave the default usually. I have used Microsoft Launcher as my alternative to BlackBerry Launcher in the past and find it the best alternative if there must be one chosen.
    01-19-22 10:27 AM
    You should try Square Home Launcher. It's a Windows Phone style launcher, complete with Live Tiles. I have it on my Pixel 6, Xperia 1, Key2 and Titan. Best launcher for those who miss the live tiles on Windows Phone.
    Live tiles are liked and disliked depending on personal choice of course. For me, the windows live tiles look like someone ate a giant pack of skittles then puked all over their screen. Also I hate too many things moving on my screen at one time - distracting as h#LL imo. But that's just me. Everyone is different, I guess, and that's a good thing.
    01-19-22 01:43 PM
    Live tiles are liked and disliked depending on personal choice of course. For me, the windows live tiles look like someone ate a giant pack of skittles then puked all over their screen. Also I hate too many things moving on my screen at one time - distracting as h#LL imo. But that's just me. Everyone is different, I guess, and that's a good thing.
    Pretty sure disliked is what won... as they removed in from Windows 11.

I saw some potential in it... if maybe more app developers had bothered to enable some useful features. I had a few apps that I like LIVE TILE with, but most others were just an Icon... some of which didn't even offer size options. For my Tablet it could have been useful, desktop... not so much.
    01-19-22 02:11 PM
    Pretty sure disliked is what won... as they removed in from Windows 11.

I saw some potential in it... if maybe more app developers had bothered to enable some useful features. I had a few apps that I like LIVE TILE with, but most others were just an Icon... some of which didn't even offer size options. For my Tablet it could have been useful, desktop... not so much.
    I had an old high-end 8" Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows 8 with the Live Tiles. Finally put a Linux Distro on it and much easier on the eyes imo.
    01-19-22 02:14 PM
    I had an old high-end 8" Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows 8 with the Live Tiles. Finally put a Linux Distro on it and much easier on the eyes imo.
    Only reason I had a Window Tablet.. was for some Windows Programs. But yeah you have to keep it in Tablet Mode most times. I do have another older Windows Tablet, and I've been thinking about playing around with Linux again. But every time I really look into it... I've can't really think of a good reason to do it.

Things changed and I no longer had that need for Windows on the go, so I got an iPad Pro to pair with my iPhone...
    01-19-22 03:49 PM