Anyone noticed that android apps on BB10 device is making ur device hot?.

My passport getting heat while am using android apps even in WiFi also. I did security wipe and now the phone is working well.

I just used apps like, clash of clans, youtube, whatsapp and some small apps. Any idea to run an android apps without harming our devices?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 09:57 PM
    The suspected 'harm' is arguable. You're working the processor. That's what happens when you're forcing the apps to function through a non-optimized system. At the end of the day, the BlackBerry 10 way of running Android apps works, but it's certainly not optimal and it's only going to get worse over time as there has been no updated to the process. You either deal with it, don't run the apps or move on.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and john_v like this.
    04-08-17 10:11 PM
    The suspected 'harm' is arguable. You're working the processor. That's what happens when you're forcing the apps to function through a non-optimized system. At the end of the day, the BlackBerry 10 way of running Android apps works, but it's certainly not optimal and it's only going to get worse over time as there has been no updated to the process. You either deal with it, don't run the apps or move on.
    Yes blaze I love to use it same as i bought my passport. Will find an alternative for app us. Thanks for the reply

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 02:32 AM
    Is it safe to use android apps on bb10 devices

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 01:00 PM
    Is it safe to use android apps on bb10 devices

Posted via CB10
    Of course it is. All processors get warm when working hard. It's not a problem, as there are built in safeguards.

DTEK60 / Z30
    04-09-17 01:05 PM
    Of course it is. All processors get warm when working hard. It's not a problem, as there are built in safeguards.

DTEK60 / Z30
    Thanks conite for your reply r u using android apps, playstore on z30.
    If you are using what are the issues u faced and rectified.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 01:10 PM
    Thanks conite for your reply r u using android apps, playstore on z30.
    If you are using what are the issues u faced and rectified.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I have Cobalt's Play Store running on my Z30 - along with several Android apps. All is good.

Getting warm when running an app is not a bug. It is normal.

DTEK60 / Z30
    04-09-17 01:15 PM
    Yes I have Cobalt's Play Store running on my Z30 - along with several Android apps. All is good.

Getting warm when running an app is not a bug. It is normal.

DTEK60 / Z30
    Whether android run time update required compulsory to run android apps? If I opened it shows only like that initializing then it will minimises the screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 09:47 PM
    Whether android run time update required compulsory to run android apps? If I opened it shows only like that initializing then it will minimises the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Runtime patch from BBW is ONLY for OS 10.3.2.2876 (2836) and 10.3.2.2888 (2848). It will corrupt any other OS. You have to reboot the device after you install it and then leave your phone alone for at least 15 minutes.
    04-09-17 10:20 PM
    Runtime patch from BBW is ONLY for OS 10.3.2.2876 (2836) and 10.3.2.2888 (2848). It will corrupt any other OS. You have to reboot the device after you install it and then leave your phone alone for at least 15 minutes.
    What's the 15 minutes about? I just did the runtime install on my Passport (.2836), but I didn't wait the 15 minutes. In fact, I uninstalled an app right away. Might I see any I'll effects?

Oh, and thanks for providing those bar files! Much appreciated.
    04-09-17 10:48 PM
    What's the 15 minutes about? I just did the runtime install on my Passport (.2836), but I didn't wait the 15 minutes. In fact, I uninstalled an app right away. Might I see any I'll effects?

Oh, and thanks for providing those bar files! Much appreciated.
    Usually it takes a few minutes for the Android Runtime to properly initialise.

But if it is working for you, it's fine.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-09-17 11:00 PM
    I am using 10.3.3.2205 auto loader I need to install android runtime update or not? What are apps u r using in ur bb10 devices

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 01:44 AM
    Very true. When running certain android apps, the top right corner of my phone gets super hot. Especially so if streaming video through an android app.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 01:54 AM
    I am using 10.3.3.2205 auto loader I need to install android runtime update or not?
    Posted via CB10
    No.
    04-10-17 06:06 AM
    Very true. When running certain android apps, the top right corner of my phone gets super hot. Especially so if streaming video through an android app.

Posted via CB10
    Android apps is heating my passport exactly on the right corner near volume keys. I used fast tube and watched 2 movies it was normal not even warm.

I formatted my phone and presently using bb10 apps and my phone is working normal.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 08:21 AM
    No.
    Thanks Mr.Conite let me try once again.

With native apps my passport is giving 2 days battery life on moderate use.

I am quiet happy with the performance for apps I will find some cheap android r I phone

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 08:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Be careful about that if it's a Passport. It won't damage the processor, but I suspect that top-right heat (I have it too) is what causes all that top right screen lift, either by warming the double-sided tape-glue, repeated expansion and contraction of the metal parts, and/or warping the frame slightly.

It could be coincidence that there's high heat on that corner and that most (not all) screen lift is on that corner, but I doubt it.
    04-10-17 08:54 AM
    Be careful about that if it's a Passport. It won't damage the processor, but I suspect that top-right heat (I have it too) is what causes all that top right screen lift, either by warming the double-sided tape-glue, repeated expansion and contraction of the metal parts, and/or warping the frame slightly.

It could be coincidence that there's high heat on that corner and that most (not all) screen lift is on that corner, but I doubt it.
    I also saw some reviews about that it's better use what it made for

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 10:17 AM
    No.
    Dear,

I used android whatsapp it also eating my battery a lot Could you assist for task manager app for closing the background app running

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 09:12 AM
    Dear,

I used android whatsapp it also eating my battery a lot Could you assist for task manager app for closing the background app running

Posted via CB10
    Device monitor battery usage page. Scroll down to find the app. Long press gives you option to close. I use Skype on Passport and shut it down like that every day.
    fla 15 likes this.
    08-04-17 09:26 AM