hi, I had been doing some experiments on my key2 and noticed that minimized apps (those apps listed when I press the square icon) consumes a lot of battery compared to when they are deletd (not listed).

what I did was on a 7-8hrs span overnight, I left around 10-15apps in the list and in the morning my batt says having around 80+ left. comparing to totally empty the list and the same time frame, I got 95+ batt left. all test starts with fully charge state and left overnight with sim off, wifi on.

my thought is that the apps remain running and consuming power while im not using it.

is there any android app that works in the background and automatically delete the apps from the list after say 30mins with whitelist/blacklist feature?

PS: I set almost all apps to stop automatically openning in the background via POWER CENTER. normally I open quite a number of apps and games ie. chrome, crackberry, inbox, google news, calendar, notes, camera, photo, calculator, etc.... and just minimize (pressing the circle icon) them and forgot to empty the list before going to work/sleep.
    06-12-19 08:51 PM
    .... and just minimize (pressing the circle icon) them and forgot to empty the list before going to work/sleep.
    You should do another test when you close the apps using the back button (triangle) . I think this actually stops the apps from running.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-19 09:09 PM
    I dont think the triangle closes app. like in a chrome browser, I click link or switch site (not switch tab), pressing back will only goes back to prev site until it has nothing to go back to then it minimizes itself (goes into the square app list) but does not close.
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-12-19 09:14 PM
    You should do another test when you close the apps using the back button (triangle) . I think this actually stops the apps from running.

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily. The Back button is an Open function that developers can choose to perform different functions with like Go Up one level (e.g. WhatsApp, Instagram), Return to the previous app (some SMS apps), Minimize (which is similar to tapping the Home Key) or Close (e.g. Hub)

BTW, this is why returning to Hub after using it to access an integrated app entry is not always possible with a single Back button tap.

The only way to entirely close an app that doesn't close by tapping the Back key is by dismissing it from the Recent screen; for that reason most up to date OS skins are putting the 'clear all' button at the bottom of the screen for easy access. Such is not the case with our BlackBerry's.

FYI
    Ben xfg likes this.
    06-12-19 09:22 PM
    Thanks for the insight @RK_BB.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-19 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the insight @RK_BB.

Posted via CB10
    Pleasure pleasure
    06-12-19 09:29 PM
    for that reason most up to date OS skins are putting the 'clear all' button at the bottom of the screen for easy access. Such is not the case with our BlackBerry's.

FYI
    my key2 got a CLEAR ALL on the top of the square app list.

im just looking for a utility that does the clear all thing automatically after certain period of inactivity
    06-12-19 09:38 PM
    my key2 got a CLEAR ALL on the top of the square app list.

im just looking for a utility that does the clear all thing automatically after certain period of inactivity
    Any utility you may find out there (Greenify is one example) will not entirely close the apps plus in order to be able to automatically perform the clearing task it needs to run in the background thereby consuming resources which leads to diminishing returns....

Some of these power and RAM management apps were decent before Android N after which the OS does a pretty good job in managing available RAM & power.

The only way to truly improve matters is to manually close apps.
    06-12-19 09:45 PM