Having purchased (via Prime Music) a song and downloaded it (according to the app) I can play it but can't find it on any of the download lists on File Manager. I want to use it for a ringtone but don't intuit that process anywhere. What am I missing? Tx

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 01:52 PM
    I should add this is on a Z30, i.e. BB10, but the Amazon app is of course Android

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 02:07 PM
    Having purchased (via Prime Music) a song and downloaded it (according to the app) I can play it but can't find it on any of the download lists on File Manager. I want to use it for a ringtone but don't intuit that process anywhere. What am I missing? Tx

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure that you purchased it? Are you an Amazon Prime member? I have only downloaded from Amazon Prime Music, never purchased. The music that is downloaded is only available through the app. I've never been able to save it or play it anywhere else. Anyone else?
    06-22-16 04:54 PM
    I just looked and saw the options to purchase from the store. Hmmmm.
    06-22-16 04:56 PM
    Yeah I purchased it. That's the problem, I can only play it through the app. It's supposedly "downloaded" but apparently just to the app not the phone per se.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 04:58 PM
    If you downloaded via prime option first and then purchased it later, you have to remove from device and download again.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 12:58 PM
    Music purchased through Amazon Prime can only be played via the Amazon Music player. It's not recognizeable as an MP3 or any other typical audio file. It's stored as a proprietary file only Amazon's music app can recognize.

Google Play Music has a similar DRM in place. Though Google does give you a "direct download" option (only available via desktop web browser) that can only be performed twice which allows you to download an MP3 that can be backed up and stored on any device. Amazon may have something similar, so it might be worth looking into. But typically downloading music for offline playback via the player's app is only available for that particular music player.

If Amazon has something similar to what Google Play Music does, you'll have to download it from outside the app, then store that MP3 file somewhere on your device for ringtone/alarm/notification functionality.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    07-02-16 04:02 PM
    Strange, I buy a ton of music from the amazon music app and it always shows up automatically on my native BlackBerry music app without me having to do anything.
    If you're using an app other than the amazon music app with orange icon, then try downloading that and syncing your purchases to it, and everything should show up in your bb music app.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 12:22 PM