I installed this App from Amazon App store onto my Passport SE. They seem to want access to the phone. The App is used to store and utilize store Loyality cards. Some others didn't have that, "Initiate a phone call without going though dialer..."

Why Use Of Phone?-img_20170421_074835.png

EndRacism (Posted using the mighty Passport SE.)
    04-21-17 07:10 AM
    Maybe within the App they keep info on the stores and you could call the store from the contact into?

Really a question you need to ask the developer...
    04-21-17 07:33 AM
    There are several of these apps in Blackberry World. Have you tried any of them out? Some are free and some paid. I use an app called Loyalty. It does what I need it to, but there are other choices. Here is a tip to keep your Passport running well: ALWAYS look in BW first for an app (yeah, I know they may not be there, but you are better off not using an android app if possible). If you cannot find anything, look in Amazon (this is an app store where android apps go to die as Conite so rightly points out!). Still cannot find, then go to Google Play (via Cobalt's solution or Yelp or some other Google Play client). If you can limit the number of android apps your device will run much, much better, plain and simple.
    04-21-17 07:44 AM
    Maybe within the App they keep info on the stores and you could call the store from the contact into?

Really a question you need to ask the developer...
    Thanks DD, after reading your response I did some digging in their Help and your spot on sir, to call a store directly from the App!

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-21-17 07:57 AM
    Thanks DD, after reading your response I did some digging in their Help and your spot on sir, to call a store directly from the App!

.......if those phone numbers even work. Looks like that app you have was last updated in 2011. BBW is/will be similar.
    04-21-17 08:01 AM
    There are several of these apps in Blackberry World. Have you tried any of them out? Some are free and some paid. I use an app called Loyalty. It does what I need it to, but there are other choices. Here is a tip to keep your Passport running well: ALWAYS look in BW first for an app (yeah, I know they may not be there, but you are better off not using an android app if possible). If you cannot find anything, look in Amazon (this is an app store where android apps go to die as Conite so rightly points out!). Still cannot find, then go to Google Play (via Cobalt's solution or Yelp or some other Google Play client). If you can limit the number of android apps your device will run much, much better, plain and simple.
    All Good points , Loyalty is in both BlackBerry world and Amazon, I might try it too, only have four cards LOL and never use other functions. Just to eliminate cards and for store to scan.

04-21-17 08:03 AM
    .......if those phone numbers even work. Looks like that app you have was last updated in 2011. BBW is/will be similar.
    No worry, I just use it for cashier to scan bar code.

04-21-17 08:54 AM