You can install google play on xiaomi phones, and google services work correctly. Xiaomi doesn't follow google rules, but anyway, you can do it.

Why it is not possible with our BlackBerry? I am quite sure that BlackBerry is blocking google services for some legal reason, but i would like to know more...
    02-19-15 08:20 AM
    maybe one problem is that we are using 'just' an android emulator on our BlackBerry phones, Xiaomi is using a full android.
    02-19-15 08:28 AM
    You can install google play on xiaomi phones, and google services work correctly. Xiaomi doesn't follow google rules, but anyway, you can do it.

Why it is not possible with our BlackBerry? I am quite sure that BlackBerry is blocking google services for some legal reason, but i would like to know more...
    Why BlackBerry doesn't have Google Play:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-store-953753/

Why Xiaomi can:
    Xiaomi Mi4 review: China?s iPhone killer is unoriginal but amazing | Ars Technica
    "There is one loophole: China. MADA demands that OEMs bundle all Google services for "the applicable territory," but it just so happens that Google doesn't do much business in China. The required number of Google apps in China is zero. We bought our Mi4 from China, so it didn't come with the Google Play Apps installed. Mi4s purchased from regions that Google supports, like India or Singapore, will have Google's apps pre-installed."
    02-19-15 08:35 AM
    I have already read the article, but xiami doesn't follow the rules:

• As part of membership in the OHA, agreeing not to fork Android (BB10s Android runtime is a fork)

They use MIUI.
    So, they shouldn't be able to use google services, right?
    02-19-15 10:40 AM
    There is a software 'stub' built into BB10, which essentially dead-ends any calls made to Play services by other apps. The reason we are able to run the modded Play services is because it circumvents this, however the resulting Play services isn't correctly signed by Google, therefore we must also modify other apps not to verify this signature.

In essence, BlackBerry could leave the door ajar a whole lot wider than they are currently doing. It's one of the main reasons I'm thinking of abandoning the platform once I tire of my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 10:45 AM
    I have already read the article, but xiami doesn't follow the rules:

• As part of membership in the OHA, agreeing not to fork Android (BB10’s Android runtime is a fork)

They use MIUI.
    So, they shouldn't be able to use google services, right?
    Xiami is cloney enough to let the Google Services work, and in the regions outside of the China version market, it does have Google Services, so at it's core it can use Google.
    BlackBerry isn't cloney and doesn't want Google touching it's core.

Like you said, Xiami doesn't play by the rules.
    BlackBerry does.
    02-19-15 03:41 PM