Hello

I want to install the software to be able to use Google Play Store on my BlackBerry Passport (most current version). But a few years ago, I already installed a patch from Cobalt. That one only worked for some apps. I'd like to know if that patch needs to be removed from my device before installing the new one, or not? And how to do that: just delete the apk? And which one (I forgot which one it was)? I think it is: cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8.apk, but I'm not sure.

Also: where is it best to buy accessories for my Passport in the EU? Thks!
    01-23-19 09:28 PM
    Hello

I want to install the software to be able to use Google Play Store on my BlackBerry Passport (most current version). But a few years ago, I already installed a patch from Cobalt. That one only worked for some apps. I'd like to know if that patch needs to be removed from my device before installing the new one, or not? And how to do that: just delete the apk? And which one (I forgot which one it was)? I think it is: cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8.apk, but I'm not sure.

Also: where is it best to buy accessories for my Passport in the EU? Thks!
    Unpatched app can install over an older unpatched app. A patched app can be installed over an older patched app. That's it. Otherwise delete first.

Use Yalp as your Google Play Store client.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/
    01-24-19 12:06 AM
    Is there any procedures to follow first before installing the yalp store?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-19 07:44 AM
    Unpatched app can install over an older unpatched app. A patched app can be installed over an older patched app. That's it. Otherwise delete first.

Use Yalp as your Google Play Store client.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/

Posted via CB10
    02-10-19 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing. Just install the app.
    02-10-19 08:17 AM
    Nothing. Just install the app.
    Thanks so much!
    Sorry for asking more questions please, I still have the cobalt store on my phone ; can I still go ahead and install the yalp store or I still have to do something?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-19 10:34 AM
    Thanks so much!
    Sorry for asking more questions please, I still have the cobalt store on my phone ; can I still go ahead and install the yalp store or I still have to do something?

Posted via CB10
    It's completely independent.

But there is no need for the Cobalt solution anymore, as his modified Google Play Services is too old to be useful.
    02-10-19 10:36 AM
    I still didn't install it cause I got problems installing it. But reading the posts from DagaduKojo I'm doubting: I only have to do one thing: installing Yalp thru https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/ or do i need to install 3 things out of 4 from Cobalt and then install Yalp?
    02-14-19 03:52 AM
    Thanks so much!

Posted via CB10
    Hi Dagadu,

If you have the Cobalt solution there is no need for Yalp; they are essentially the same thing. (Cobalt's solution also involves enabling Google Play Services, but Yalp is just a portal to the Google Play Store which you have already installed)
    02-15-19 05:23 PM
    I still didn't install it cause I got problems installing it. But reading the posts from DagaduKojo I'm doubting: I only have to do one thing: installing Yalp thru https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/ or do i need to install 3 things out of 4 from Cobalt and then install Yalp?
    Hey Catvrk,

What specifically are you trying to do? Just get access to the Google Play Store only? Or set up Google Play Services and the like on your phone?
    02-15-19 05:24 PM
    Hi TrumpetTiger

Just be able to download apps from the Google Play Store. That's all. Thx.
    02-16-19 05:27 AM
    Hi TrumpetTiger

Just be able to download apps from the Google Play Store. That's all. Thx.
    In that case you only need to install the Yalp APK, as Yalp is a portal directly into the Google Play Store.

Fair warning: both Google Play and Yalp tend to have the most recent versions of apps only, which may require an Android version above 4.3 (the most recent version BB10 works with). If you have trouble finding an app you want that will work let me know; there are other methods such as APKPure.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-19 09:13 AM
    Thanks so much, TrumpetTiger. It works, and I'm very glad for that. However the schoolapp of my son requires Google play services cause it has push services...
    02-23-19 07:04 AM