Considering, we already have a massive thread regarding the installation of Pokemon Go on BB OS 10, yet still no clear idea, why the pokestops, pokemons&gyms stop working after 10-15min runtime, I figured it's time to open a new thread to post ideas as to what could cause this issue, hopefully find the cause and maybe even a way to fix it.

One of the more promiment theories from the other thread was, that Google Maps blocks the connection after a while for pokemon map related items, because it's not an official app requesting the information. However, I've recently run a couple of tests, where I:
    - restarted the phone in airplane mode, with location turned off
    - waited an hour before turning off airplane mode& location back on and opening Pokemon GO
    - pokestops, etc. still didn't work
    The map still didn't work properly, despite the phone just connecting to the internet seconds before starting Pokemon Go app. Hence, it seems rather unlikely, that it's an intended block on Google's or Niantic's side.
    Rather, it seems to be a local BB OS issue, where after 10+min a task or process starts, which interferes with Pokemon Go ability to fully load map information. (Remember, that it does load the world map, just not the pokemon additions). Would it be possible to look at which processes start at which time?

Anyone have any theories, as to what could be the reason for this Pokemon Go issue?
    Speculate away
    08-09-16 09:08 AM
    The game is aimed at 4.4.2+ devices?

You might be able to patch it, but unless you recompile it with all the dependencies patched out or replaced, it's still unlikely to work properly.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-09-16 09:22 AM
    The simplest reason is that the integration into Google services + minimum API level + all that mean any BB10 compatibility is completely accidental.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-09-16 10:42 AM
    Praise goes out to whoever figures it out.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    08-09-16 02:07 PM
    Pokemon, as of version 0.33.0, no longer even uses the GMaps API at all.
    08-09-16 02:28 PM