I'm wondering if there's an app, be it native or Android, that will backup Android app data. I'm gonna catch flack for this but it's so I don't lose my progress in games I've sideloaded such as Subway Surfer. >_>
    07-02-14 11:57 PM
    On certain newer builds of 10.2.1 and 10.3, it is possible to backup your Android data. Catch is that you'll have to install the apk before you restore
    Unfortunately I don't know what builds exactly sport this feature, so I'll leave that to someone else

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 01:04 AM
    I'm wondering if there's an app, be it native or Android, that will backup Android app data. I'm gonna catch flack for this but it's so I don't lose my progress in games I've sideloaded such as Subway Surfer. >_>
    Yup, use the backup and restore feature in BlackBerry Link. Anything 10.2.1.3175 or later will work. That's how I keep my Clash of Clans game going through updates
    07-03-14 01:19 AM
    Yup, use the backup and restore feature in BlackBerry Link. Anything 10.2.1.3175 or later will work. That's how I keep my Clash of Clans game going through updates
    No thanks. I know about that. I want only specific apps. I never restore after a wipe. You just end up bringing back the old problems.
    07-03-14 02:26 AM
    No thanks. I know about that. I want only specific apps. I never restore after a wipe. You just end up bringing back the old problems.
    Well that's how ya do it, haha. For the record, I haven't brought back old problems (whatever that means) with my restores. The only thing my app data restores bring back is the app data I backed up. It sounds like you are having issues using link. There's some pretty good instructional walkthroughs here on CB. Might be worth the read
    Shifty88 likes this.
    07-03-14 02:45 AM
    Well that's how ya do it, haha. For the record, I haven't brought back old problems (whatever that means) with my restores. The only thing my app data restores bring back is the app data I backed up. It sounds like you are having issues using link. There's some pretty good instructional walkthroughs here on CB. Might be worth the read
    I'm capable of using Link, thanks.

I haven't needed it for almost a year now. I just installed it again last night and looked into running a backup. I noticed you can now specify which apps to backup including sideloaded ones. Now, when backing up a sideload, does it only backup the APK or will it also backup all of the data such as progress and settings and whatnot?
    07-04-14 02:19 PM
    If you backup app data, it will restore app data. Like I said, that's how I keep my Clash of Clans game going. My suggestion is to backup your app data, then reinstall the apk, then restore. I didn't need to do that, but some people said they had to do it that way to get the data back. Pretty sure you can just restore though and the apps AND data come back
    07-04-14 04:21 PM