I downloaded the ParkVictoria app from Snap. This is an app that enables you to pay for metered parking with your phone, be they old school meters that you plug coins into, or the new ones that you would normally have to go to a kiosk to pay using a credit card.

So far it's seamless and fast to load. I have two credit cards added to my account to be used for payment, and the app enabled the Z30 camera to look at the credit cards to add them.

This company also enables you to pay via a mobile website, so t like ber, an app isn't strictly needed - it just makes it faster. The reason I've started a thread is that the City of Victoria (BC) website says that the company responsible (Passport Parking Inc) us creating a similar system for Toronto, for which there are likely many BlackBerry owners who we be happy for such an app to go along with the system.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:46 PM
    That's cool, thanks for sharing that!
    02-11-15 09:23 PM
    Save yourself the credit card convenience fee and get the parking card from the City of Victoria. You load up the card and pay with that through the app.

The nice thing about the app is the check-out feature where you only end up paying for actual time used
    02-12-15 09:22 PM
    I'd rather use my credit card as I get rewards miles. Yes, the feature in the app whereby you can stop the parking session and only actually pay for the amount of time you used is great. Yesterday I originally paid for two hours, but only used 1 hour 5 minutes, so only cost about half as much.

Also, being able to add time remotely is going to be great. I can imagine being in a meeting that's running long and being able to add time quickly with my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by timboalogo; 02-13-15 at 01:51 PM.
    02-13-15 09:36 AM
    And using a credit card which is set up with an account within the app means they don't charge the 25 cents convenience fee; instead they take $10 chunks from your credit card and your parking sessions are deducted from that.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 09:39 AM
    Ok, I wasn't quite sure. I park downtown so infrequently at meters, usually find a parkade.
    02-13-15 11:19 AM