Has anyone had any success using the newly integrated Google Voice and Hangouts services? I know they require Google Play services, but any work around people have found to get this working would be great to hear about.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30 running 10.3.0.1042
    09-11-14 09:46 AM
    What am I missing out on if I never use these things? I don't think either works with the BB but I could be wrong.....
    09-11-14 09:49 AM
    At the moment, no workaround for Google hangouts.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    09-11-14 10:59 AM
    As of yesterday Google Voice still works with the web app. No other way so far and up to now not required to join Hangouts.
    09-11-14 01:34 PM
    What am I missing out on if I never use these things? I don't think either works with the BB but I could be wrong.....
    The group video chat is great. Used it for my fantasy football draft. The other parts are nothing special.
    09-11-14 01:50 PM
    I have not gotten it working, but I have a blackberry through work (an older 9000 series) and I wanted a way to at least receive sms messages on my blackberry after cutting over to hangouts. I am now able to receive them, but can't reply to them, so this is not a very good method, but in case anyone else would find this helpful:

Go into google voice, then settings. Click on "voicemail & Text" tab. Check the box that says "Forward my text messages to my email."

Mine were forwarding to my gmail account. Then log into your gmail account and go to settings. Click the forwarding tab and add a forwarding address for your phones sms email address. Every carrier has one, you can google "carrierName email to sms" to find the syntax for your carrier. For mine, att, it was 5552221111 'at' txt.att.net where as the first 10 digits are your phone #.

Verify your # with the code thats sent from google. Then go to the filters tab and create a filter. For subject put "SMS from" and then continue. Select to forward these messages to your newly created forwarding address. I also chose to delete them after forwarding.

This allows me to at least get a copy of the text messages along with who they are from to my blackberry via sms. You can also chose to send them directly to your blackberry email address.

-Ed
    airninja likes this.
    09-13-14 07:29 PM