Has anyone else noticed that some android apps, with latest updates, stopped working on the BlackBerry 10? Facebook, Facebook messenger and PayPal have all stopped on my device since I updated recently through snap. My Z30 runs on the leaked OS 10.3.1.2072; could it be the OS? I have a feeling that google is working to ensure that their Android apps aren't compatible with BlackBerry 10. Any thoughts out there?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 03:33 AM
    Doubtful, since Google doesn't make any of those apps. And the ones they do make, such as Google maps run great on BB10
    01-30-15 03:41 AM
    I'm pretty certain that any update to the Google map would make it incompatible with BlackBerry 10. True, it still works on mine though with limitations as I can't sign into my Google account to get all the features, I fully expect it not to work with an update. It seems improbable that it is coincidence those apps no longer work with the latest updates seems improbable

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 04:00 AM
    We are already discussing this on some other forums of CB.
    The Android Runtime of BB10.3 has compatibility issues with Android 4.4 and 5.
    And it is a natural process as Android is evolving fast with new updates and BB is providing just 4.3 compatibility even on latest OS update.
    01-30-15 04:10 AM
    @ SlcCorrado Just update Chrome and it won't work. So it is nothing like Google vs other developer issue.
    Just a runtime compatibility issue.
    01-30-15 04:14 AM
    Google never builds any chrome like apps which can only run on kit-kat or lollipop. It updates it's play service depending upon the framework and updated apps depends on that play service. As BlackBerry don't have such play service support, it will definitely not going to support Google native apps in future, even after framework update.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 06:21 AM
    I have10.3.1949. I just installed Google maps 9.3. It works perfectly fine after a full reboot.

Just for giggles I used the navigation and compared it to BlackBerry maps. It was no better. At navigation other than telling me which side my destination was at the very end. That is extremely helpful. However, it tore my battery life, even with a car charger.

I will stick with BE Maps.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 12:31 PM
    I've run into this on Amazon Appstore. My purchased apps disappeared from the cloud and no longer show up when I search within the app. I looked them up on the website from my desktop and it states my device is no longer compatible. My account still has them available but not for my device.

My Q10 is identified as a generic Android Device. I have yet to determine if this is a result of the recent update to the Amazon Appstore app or if the apps themselves are being updated for their newest device.

I'm on 10.2.1. I'm not sure if this will be fixed in 10.3.1 or not, or if the Q10 is being blacklisted on apps that used to run just fine :/

emPowered by 
    02-01-15 01:36 PM
    I've run into this on Amazon Appstore. My purchased apps disappeared from the cloud and no longer show up when I search within the app. I looked them up on the website from my desktop and it states my device is no longer compatible. My account still has them available but not for my device.

My Q10 is identified as a generic Android Device. I have yet to determine if this is a result of the recent update to the Amazon Appstore app or if the apps themselves are being updated for their newest device.

I'm on 10.2.1. I'm not sure if this will be fixed in 10.3.1 or not, or if the Q10 is being blacklisted on apps that used to run just fine :/

emPowered by 
    I heard ya. I purchased GTA Chinatown wars and a week later it's not available on my Z30

Support the Amazon App Store
    02-02-15 03:10 PM
    Same for Monument Valley on my Z30. Amazon Appstore says there is an update but I cannot install it, it just fails. Also, Monument Valley isn' t available in the store anymore. I still have the game on my device but if I delete it I won't get it back.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 12:50 AM
    I noticed it yesterday that my amazon appstore and its applications no longer come up when I want use as in load the apps. Throughout today I have not been able to access amazon appstore and its apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 11:01 AM