So, I had a problem with my lockscreen making me have to reset my z10 and reinstall all the apks I downloaded. I had a backup on blackberry link but when I restored it, all my android apps were gone again. I thought it would be the same way to transfer the data when we had to convert the apks to bars before 10.2.1.1055 but it's not the same. Anyone found a way to restore save data? or a way to preserve it incase we want to reset our phone or update to a new leak?
    11-21-13 11:13 PM
    So, I had a problem with my lockscreen making me have to reset my z10 and reinstall all the apks I downloaded. I had a backup on blackberry link but when I restored it, all my android apps were gone again. I thought it would be the same way to transfer the data when we had to convert the apks to bars before 10.2.1.1055 but it's not the same. Anyone found a way to restore save data? or a way to preserve it incase we want to reset our phone or update to a new leak?
    there is no way to save your port app at the moment as far i know, everytime you make and updated via link or autoloader it will get wipe and you must restore it, but when i made an OTA updated had no problems
    11-21-13 11:22 PM
    Before you restore application data through BlackBerry Link, sideload all of your bar files first. Be sure that they are the same app version #. I can confirm that you will get your save game data from your backup.

I haven't tried this on 10.2.1.1055 with APKs, or whether updating APKs to newer versions will retain your game data.

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055 CB10

Edit: Updating APKs on 10.2.1.1055 will keep your data. When you tap the APK, BB10 gives you the Update button instead of Install. That means your phone knows it has previous data. I can also confirm this works.
    Last edited by pvphooman; 11-25-13 at 09:41 PM.
    stabstabdie likes this.
    11-22-13 02:54 AM
    Thanks, but I meant that I had to wipe my phone because of a glitch with the picture password. Like obaquerizo said, when restoring with blackberry link, the apps get wiped and the data can't be recovered from installing the apk directly.

However converting the apk to bar and restoring still works, I just wanted to know if there was an alternative because downloading the apks right onto the phone was way easier and faster than having to connect it to my computer to install the bars.
    11-26-13 12:26 AM
    I have not tried this because I do not really play games on mine, but it is worth backing up (dragging dropping) the folder for the app you want the data of listed in "device/misc/android"... that's where I usually see data being stored for apps that I use like epocrates, MapMyRun, even my 1Mobile downloads save there (listed as onemobile_downloads).

If you see duplicate folders in there do NOT go deleting things.

Usual disclaimer applies.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:11 AM