I am pretty sure 95% of the BB folk wont care about this but i'll hunt and hopefully we'll get this working.

before i got my Q10 a few days ago i got the galaxy gear watch.

samsung has said that it wont work with other devices but people have got it working with HTC and other phones. see this post midway Gear Manager apk file - xda-developers

I installed the program it uses to interface and thats called "Gear Manager".

com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager-v1.2..apk found on DepositFiles

I have it running just fine on the Q10 however it gets stuck at a part thats odd.

first -- it cant auto find it via NFC so i do manual connect. it then shows me a code on the BB in gear manager but that code never appears on the watch even though the watch is bluetooth ON and visible.

i am running the latest leak of BB 10.2.1.1055

anybody got any tips?
    11-21-13 03:43 PM
    11-21-13 04:09 PM
    Can you pair the watch via the bluetooth screen in setting.?
    I have to do this with my pebble before I launch the app.
    11-21-13 04:25 PM
    I haven't tried to just do regular pairing I figured it'd be useless as it would treat the watch like a bluetooth audio device.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 04:57 AM
    Try pairing it first. Then launch the app and see if it connects.
    11-22-13 06:52 AM
    How well is your galaxy gear working with the Q10? I would love to get one as well; do your BBMs show up on the gear? Which features have to tried so far that work / dont work?
    11-22-13 11:58 AM
    How well is your galaxy gear working with the Q10? I would love to get one as well; do your BBMs show up on the gear? Which features have to tried so far that work / dont work?
    I don't think bbm will show up. There is no api in BlackBerry 10 to do that AFAIK
    11-22-13 04:59 PM
    I just got gear manager set up on my phone, will try and pair it up with a galaxy gear tomorrow when I get home and let you guys know how it goes!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:05 PM
    I haven't tried to just do regular pairing I figured it'd be useless as it would treat the watch like a bluetooth audio device.

Posted via CB10
    It could still have a proper use for that, sometimes I have parties, hook up my phone via hdmi to a receiver to play music, to change tracks I have to walk up to phone, if it can do it from the watch it still is pretty cool, and if I can scroll through to pick tracks it would be amazing! Will find out tomorrow how it works when I test er out.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 09:08 PM
    It could still have a proper use for that, sometimes I have parties, hook up my phone via hdmi to a receiver to play music, to change tracks I have to walk up to phone, if it can do it from the watch it still is pretty cool, and if I can scroll through to pick tracks it would be amazing! Will find out tomorrow how it works when I test er out.

Posted via CB10
    You can do that with the pebble.
    12-01-13 11:26 AM
    You can do that with the pebble.
    Yes but the gear looks way nicer, plus I have 2 of them already at home.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:11 PM
    Just tried, it didn't work! When you tap the ncf it opens smart tags, doesn't connect the watch via bluetooth like it supposed to. So then I paired it via bluetooth from my z30, and it connects, and then I can run the connect manually process on the gear manager app, but then I get error msg about something not being supported, also the bluetooth connection between the phone and the watch only stays connected for like 30 seconds then auto disconnects

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:05 PM
    I am pretty sure 95% of the BB folk wont care about this but i'll hunt and hopefully we'll get this working.

before i got my Q10 a few days ago i got the galaxy gear watch.

samsung has said that it wont work with other devices but people have got it working with HTC and other phones. see this post midway Gear Manager apk file - xda-developers

I installed the program it uses to interface and thats called "Gear Manager".

com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager-v1.2..apk found on DepositFiles

I have it running just fine on the Q10 however it gets stuck at a part thats odd.

first -- it cant auto find it via NFC so i do manual connect. it then shows me a code on the BB in gear manager but that code never appears on the watch even though the watch is bluetooth ON and visible.

i am running the latest leak of BB 10.2.1.1055

anybody got any tips?
    When I run the connect manually process I get the same thing, the watch doesn't show the number but the phone does, so what I did was go to phone bluetooth settings and paired from there, this way number shows on both devices, then go to gear manager and connect manually, the watch will show there now as a paired device, select the watch, and it should start the connecting process but this is where I get the unsupported device error and the watch disconnects.

I think there must be another piece of software we need to install to get it running. I feel like when you open gear manager it doesn't install those files at the beginning as it should, if you look at the installation screen when running gear manager it says something about file 1/19, but then it never installs anything, so if we can figure out what it is trying to install, and we can install that on our phones, then it should work.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:12 PM
    Ah... so close and yet so far... Well lets hope some savvy person out there figures this out- id love to have galaxy gear working with my Q10... even if its without BBM
    12-02-13 04:26 PM
    hi duds, did you try with the NULL firmware ? it should work wihth any devices I guess.
    03-01-14 04:49 AM
    any update on this? got a galaxy watch (well its in the mail) so just wondering what is going on with this
    03-18-14 01:01 AM
    according to xda, there is a version that works with non-samsung phones now. Since BB10 can run Android apps, it's fair to assume it will work. Anyone got a gear fit to try it ?

lots of success: forum.xda-developers dot com / showthread.php?t=2718949
    08-22-14 11:40 PM
    hi duds, did you try with the NULL firmware ? it should work wihth any devices I guess.
    Did it work with your device ? hmmmm... do you have a device ? according to your post, then it should work ?
    08-22-14 11:40 PM
    I have a Gear 2 and was able to make it work with my work Amazon Fire phone. Haven't tried it on my Z30 yet. I'll give it a try and let you guys know it goes.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 12:43 AM
    did it work?
    09-10-14 05:42 PM
    I think all the wearables use BT LE which will be supported on 10.3. Current BT support is not compatible.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    09-11-14 12:32 AM
    Anyone made any progress with this by trying with a 10.3 leak or with the Passport?
    09-30-14 02:24 AM
    Anyone made any progress with this by trying with a 10.3 leak or with the Passport?
    No chance still stuck on Z10 with gear S, so I believe that Samsung will.pre check before deploying software there by stuck at 0/19
    11-06-14 09:56 AM