There has recently been a lot of problems with apps not being available to 10.3.1 on the amazon app store. I have seen various reasons for this but in the end the amazon app store is not built for 3ird party use.

It's time this "agreement" with amazon carry more weight then just a pre installed icon and a hand shake. BlackBerry has put a lot of PR into amazon being the fix to the app gap so they need to ensure this actually works and start actually doing some work with this agreement.

The solution is BlackBerry or Amazon or both team up and create an amazon app store client for BBW. With a native app it can address the unique needs BB phones have in a contained environment without touching the amazon app store or disrupting their community. We can also have a unique Community of our own which would allow comments and compatibility information for BB phones.

This only makes sense and would allow BB to address and control the unique concerns that come up with using the amazon app store on a BB.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 03-15-15 at 11:53 PM.
    03-14-15 12:36 PM
    The chance of Amazon making native Amazon App Store for BB10 is a very small number that tends toward zero.
    03-15-15 05:42 PM
    I can see amazon has no interest in doing any actual work outside of a handshake. But it wouldn't be the first time BlackBerry has made a third party app and this is one they declare official support for. BB should make the app for the demand that exists and I might add they helped create.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 10:53 PM
    Monkeys will fly out of John Chen's **** before that happens.
    03-16-15 01:49 AM
    No no no. BlackBerry users need to give up on native apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:28 AM
    Monkeys will fly out of John Chen's **** before that happens.
    Chen is the one that announced amazon support so it's his word I'm calling on. I don't see why this seems out of character or scope of BB dev team anyway. Cobalt's playstore and snap prove the demand so why is an native amazon client so far fetched?

The more interests these forums can generate will send a message to BB that using the backdoor to the amazon app store is not official support. If BB wants to play that angle then they need to figure a solution to the issues happening right now or else they need to withdrawal this support.

A native app store is going to provided a clean well working app but sandboxed in its own BB community and can address the unique concerns BB users have.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:20 PM
    If BB wants to play that angle then they need to figure a solution to the issues happening right now or else they need to withdrawal this support.

A native app store is going to provided a clean well working app but sandboxed in its own BB community and can address the unique concerns BB users have.
    I understand your point and agree with you. But BlackBerry is not going to put resources into a consumer solution like that. They have bigger things to work on like the BB10 experience for Android and iOS.
    03-16-15 05:51 PM
    Then let the consumer expert do it. Amazon stands to gain if BB users are happy... or at least more happy. We all want apps and will pay enough to justify a BB10 client. I'm not talking about advanced interface/graphics here this shouldn't be too demanding to make.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 01:32 AM